Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which of the strikers we've been linked with do you want??

Who do you want??

• BEBE

Votes: 18 13.3%
  • Sam Vokes

• Rob Earnshaw

Votes: 43 31.9%
  • Emile Heskey

Votes: 14 10.4%
  • Michael Chopra

Votes: 36 26.7%
  • Santiago Garcia

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Marcus Bent

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • Mike Tullberg

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Nile Ranger

• Junior Agogo

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Simone Pesce

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • A N Other

Votes: 25 18.5%

• Total voters

Dubaiseagull

Jun 9, 2011
Dubai
Hi all my first post so here goes... I would rate David Nugent to do well for us, got a great first touch and get use he head and got prem and champ. experience. Secondly i would go for Kevin Phillips, even at 37 he got still got the hunger to bang in the goals and thats what we need is someone with a wealth of experience.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Hi all my first post so here goes... I would rate David Nugent to do well for us, got a great first touch and get use he head and got prem and champ. experience. Secondly i would go for Kevin Phillips, even at 37 he got still got the hunger to bang in the goals and thats what we need is someone with a wealth of experience.

Welcome - nice to have another member of the UAE fraternity

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Hi all, another newby on board the Gus bus.......Who is Santiago Garcia??? Cox won't come as he's establishing himself at WBA. If I HAD to choose out of that lot it would be Earnie and Chopra. Marcus Bent is woeful !

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
You win nothing with just kids......... Its fair to say you absolutely need a couple of older experienced heads in there when things go against you, to lead the younger lads.... we actually need to buy one or two slightly older experienced players imho. Though Marcus Bent isn't one of them

[MENTION=15046]peterward[/MENTION] I agree we need experience, but I would be expecting to see it in the shape of a centre back or centre mid, not a goal shy journeyman striker like Bent! An experienced striker would be a huge bonus but need to pick one wisely.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I think Bent would beef up the striking department, the Poll was multiple choice, if we bought in Bent then this would cost us no money on transfers so would leave plenty in the kitty to bring in another striker.

I don't know why people say goalshy journeyman, true he's not settled often but he's older and wiser now. He's been transferred throughout his career for over £10m and spearheaded Evertons attack when they finished 4th, he would be a valuable addition to an inexperienced squad and frontline.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Yakubu for me. A N Other.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The 14 people who have voted for Nile Ranger haven't ever seen him play. He is woeful, dire, and a donkey. Completely rubbish, he won't ever make a good striker because he has nothing to his game. I saw him play for Newcastle at St James', and he was a pathetic excuse for a Premier League striker. The bald, fat bloke with a potbelly next to me could have done a better job. All "potential", no ability.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Recently read about Ranger getting a slating on the Toon's forum, apparently has a bit of an attitude problem.

I would love to see Santiago Garcia playing for us.....could be very special. I hope the 'Gus' factor will make us attractive to him...

All very well getting loads of forwards - hope there is enough dosh left over to get a couple of decent defenders too.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Sorry to the many posters who voted BEBE, looks like we've missed out on him as he's off to Turkish giants Besiktas.

:nono:

Bebe Come Back

Still good that the club are setting their sights as high as this calibre of player.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
The only reason Marcus Bent is on the list is because Crodo has been championing his cause for some reason, despite the fact he's too old and is a poor player.

EDIT. WTF? who has been voting for Bent?

Marcus Bent's Auntie lives in Hove - FACT. He could save a few bob by sleeping on her sofa so it's surely a DONE DEAL.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
those wanting Bebe cant ever have watched him play. Great story, terrible player.

Bebe?

27a.jpg

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Dunno' about strikers but a few players who could remain injury free would be handy!???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here