Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which of the strikers we've been linked with do you want??

Who do you want??

• BEBE

Votes: 18 13.3%
  • Sam Vokes

• Rob Earnshaw

Votes: 43 31.9%
  • Emile Heskey

Votes: 14 10.4%
  • Michael Chopra

Votes: 36 26.7%
  • Santiago Garcia

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Marcus Bent

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • Mike Tullberg

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Nile Ranger

• Junior Agogo

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Simone Pesce

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • A N Other

Votes: 25 18.5%

• Total voters

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The only reason Marcus Bent is on the list is because Crodo has been championing his cause for some reason, despite the fact he's too old and is a poor player.

EDIT. WTF? who has been voting for Bent?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The only reason Marcus Bent is on the list is because Crodo has been championing his cause for some reason, despite the fact he's too old and is a poor player.

EDIT. WTF? who has been voting for Bent?

Bent has scored 110 goals in his career, playing 580 games, if you consider many of these appearances will have been as a sub and he has played the vast majority of his career at the highest level I don't think that's a bad return for a player who has never really been considered as an out and out goalscorer. If he were to play a full Championship season I think you can reasonably expect a return of about a dozen goals. It's his power and pace which are his real attributes and he will cause plenty of problems to opposition defences creating space and opportunities for a more natural goascoring partner.

I also take issue with his age, he's 32, Kevin Phillips is banging them in still at 37 so he could have at least a couple of decent years left in him.

Sometimes I think we forget what club we are, we're just promoted from League One and looking to establish ourselves in the Championship, not a Premier League side.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Bent has scored 110 goals in his career, playing 580 games, if you consider many of these appearances will have been as a sub and he has played the vast majority of his career at the highest level I don't think that's a bad return for a player who has never really been considered as an out and out goalscorer. If he were to play a full Championship season I think you can reasonably expect a return of about a dozen goals. It's his power and pace which are his real attributes and he will cause plenty of problems to opposition defences creating space and opportunities for a more natural goascoring partner.

I also take issue with his age, he's 32, Kevin Phillips is banging them in still at 37 so he could have at least a couple of decent years left in him.

Sometimes I think we forget what club we are, we're just promoted from League One and looking to establish ourselves in the Championship, not a Premier League side.

I appreciate what your saying [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION] , but I don't think it's in Gus' plans to buy players over 30. I may well be wrong, time will tell. I know he got Kishishev in at 36 and that was excellent for league I just expect him to get someone a bit younger. I should also add I have not lost touch with how big a club Brighton are, I'm not expecting the likes of Owen to pitch up here, I appreciate Gus and Tony are building for the future and are not just going to spank cash on anyone looking for fat payday.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Ernie and S G

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
I see Simon Cox isn't on your list and nobody seems to be mentioning him lately?

Wasn't it common knowledge Gus wanted him last year? Seeing as he only got a handful of games for the other Albion last year I'd say he is a realistic target and would be exactly the sort of striker we need. Should secure him for around £1.5mill as well!

Should be noted he scored against Italy

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Cox is well out of our league at the moment I'm afraid.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Oh and also, what about free agent Eidur Gudjohnsen. ???

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I appreciate what your saying [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION] , but I don't think it's in Gus' plans to buy players over 30. I may well be wrong, time will tell. I know he got Kishishev in at 36 and that was excellent for league I just expect him to get someone a bit younger. I should also add I have not lost touch with how big a club Brighton are, I'm not expecting the likes of Owen to pitch up here, I appreciate Gus and Tony are building for the future and are not just going to spank cash on anyone looking for fat payday.

You win nothing with just kids......... Its fair to say you absolutely need a couple of older experienced heads in there when things go against you, to lead the younger lads.... we actually need to buy one or two slightly older experienced players imho. Though Marcus Bent isn't one of them

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Why would anyone want Bebe? What evidence is there that he is anything but SAF's Ali Dia?

And Gudjohnsen would only be interested in racing tips from TB. Move along please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here