Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which musicians do you think were born with the (real) X Factor?

Philip Lynott
Eminem
Lady Gaga

Can't speak for the last 2 but imho Phil Lynott was the man for whom the phrase "cool as f***" was invented" for. Remember seeing Lizzy at the Centre in early '80's, had the audience in his hand from the start and worked them up into a (good natured) frenzy by claiming that the band didn't do "The Boys are back in Town" any more because he had forgotten how it went - they did do it of course!

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Robbie Williams at Live8 (as someone has said) was awesome. He totally had the whole crowd, something that no-one else there got close to.

But the correct answer is - Eugene Hutz

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Well call it notoriety and single-mindedness. Fortune? Estimates at his net wealth are high, very high according to more than one biography - his paintings go for very large sums.

But he didn't get his wealth through music.

And I don't believe many artists go into art to make money - there are dozens (hundreds) of poor artists for every successful one. If CB has made a fortune, I'm sure it wasn't by design.

Don't get me wrong - I love Beefheart (Trout Mask Replica is the top album in all rock music for me) but he's not someone with the X Factor.

Mind you, I'd love it if the 2010 equivalent of Beefheart turned up on X Factor. I'd be fascinated to get Cheryl Cole's take on Hair Pie or Neon Meat Dream of an Octafish.

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag, is fast and bulbous - got me?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Gallagher (Noel)

I've never seen so many people head off for a piss the moment Liam left the stage and Noel started singing (City Of Manchester Stadium c 2006).

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
That's because a large percentage of Oasis fans are knobs, unfortunately.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
That's because a large percentage of Oasis fans are knobs, unfortunately.

I prefer Noel's singing to be honest, Conboy. His voice has a kind of pathos and depth to it that Liam just can't or won't ever have.

Noel sang a wicked version of Cum on feel the noize on Jools Holland once that pees over Liam's version. It is on Youtube but the quality is awful and doesn't do it justice.

Can you imagine Liam singing "Half the World Away"? He's murder it.

Oy...Conboy. Where do you stand with the Charlatans? Not heard you mention that great band very often. Also I see the Bluetones are playing at the Concorde. You going?

Gives me an excuse to play this:

[yt]iIzcRqyXGdk[/yt]

What a f***ing CHOON!!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Spot on

Spot on again. What a crap thread, sorry :(

Spot on with which? All 3? If you count all three that includes pretty much every single person in showbiz.

Apologies. Not your fault, I think it's an interesting question but like I said I think everyone has taken it a different way.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I've never seen so many people head off for a piss the moment Liam left the stage and Noel started singing (City Of Manchester Stadium c 2006).

That's ridiculous. Much rather listen to Noel.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Spot on with which? All 3? If you count all three that includes pretty much every single person in showbiz.

Apologies. Not your fault, I think it's an interesting question but like I said I think everyone has taken it a different way.

Spot on about not being agreement. In hindsight the thread was a terrible idea as it just turns into a giant list.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I prefer Noel's singing to be honest, Conboy. His voice has a kind of pathos and depth to it that Liam just can't or won't ever have.

Noel sang a wicked version of Cum on feel the noize on Jools Holland once that pees over Liam's version. It is on Youtube but the quality is awful and doesn't do it justice.

Can you imagine Liam singing "Half the World Away"? He's murder it.

Oy...Conboy. Where do you stand with the Charlatans? Not heard you mention that great band very often. Also I see the Bluetones are playing at the Concorde. You going?

Gives me an excuse to play this:

[yt]iIzcRqyXGdk[/yt]

What a f***ing CHOON!!

Likewise on Noel. Shame he's run out of tunes :down:

I ruddy love The Charlatans. Bought their best of BBC recordings 1999-2006 the other day and it's brillo.

And I love that song but I never really gotten into the Bluetones. Perfect chance to get'a feel for them if their playing Concorde, though. I'll probably pop along to that.

How's your wadrobe these days, Buzzer? I was going to start a 'fashion thread' the other day to flaunt some of my recent purchases. Got a pair of Clarks boots (couresty of xenophon), a Kappa jumper and some beige Lois cords not so long ago.

Oct 25, 2003
Morrissey.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
She has style, she has class, she has talent, she has most definately got that X factor. She will become a musical legend beyond paralel in time.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
i take this question to mean what every artist aspires to be like within genres

so on that basis, Michael Jackson has to be there, as does Elvis Pressley, The Beatles, The Rat Pack, The Rolling Stones, T Rex, The Sex Pistols, Madonna, Oasis and Blur, Dr Dre, Eminem, all have covered new ground and expanded genres if you could count the number of artists who have been influenced in some way by the above then you would be here all day. ( disclaimer it is my opinion and i dont necesarrily like some of the artists mentioned especially madonna, also i have definitely missed out many more from my list) i think on that basis Lady Gaga might just be taking pop to new grounds but she will need more than one succesful album to prove that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here