Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which little things in life make you smile the most?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
3980-mushtaq-ahmed.jpg

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
At the moment it is the two families of blackbirds who have taken up residence in my garden, they are incredibly beautiful in an understated elegant way and their singing can be heard from dawn to dusk. As I type this there is one taking a bath in the water that has collected in the gutter on the side of my house.

blackbird-turdusmerula.jpg

che

Nov 24, 2007
When I'm coming home from my job and my daughter is waiting for me with a big smile

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
a good quality (non-offensive or threatening) drunk.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I had a very long smile the other day before sleep took me fully over and that was an image i had in the dark with silence of a moulded plasticine Bluto, Popeye's Ayl-Skaves-Ya-Olive-loving nemesis, staring down unhappily at the bedsheets that covered his lower laugh, his face, hat drooping over its brow, forever stalled in the pottery-chisseled machinations of smirkery and beaming bulbs of sight. When he lifted the unstained thinness that gently warmed him there were no legs as his base, but instead the plastic box of uncatchable prizes a hook or claw on piers couldn't grasp. Some of the things inside quivered and spun and tottered and scraped, whilst others had their batteries lower than low and their cymbal-holding paws no longer flickered. Bluto's tophalf was skin-like and hirsute, but falsely perfect and his head turned, eyes constantly staring, for assistance, it never coming and no emotion spilling from his tightened, merry cheeks.
It's not actually funny or anything and i don't know why it was there, but the image had me smiling until the sandman swamped me in.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
When you are really hungry but you don't know what you want to eat and then in a sandwich shop or cafe you spy the perfest snack and it turns out as good as you'd hoped. I smile at that.

Seeing or hearing fat, ugly people eating makes me frown.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here