• Baked Beans

Votes: 96 66.2%
  • Bubble & Squeak

Votes: 34 23.4%

• Total voters

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I like mine at about 2.30 in the morning after a belly full of ale.

i1467632_Buddies.bmp

That looks bloody lovely.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I'm sorry, but the burger and chips just don't belong on that plate if it's to be called a proper English breakfast. You're degenerating a classic worldwide dish. Like the american's did by re-inventing 'pizza' with toppings like chicken madras. For heaven's sake.

Anyway, can we just be clear about the accompanying sauce. Always HP. Never Daddies or some other cheap imitation.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Amerikan import that probably never existed over here before McDonalds introduced it. Technically disqualified, tho, fuckit, why not, one more thing to pile the plate up with. It's all good :thumbsup:

Hash browns are the best thing about a fry up - they taste the nicest! I doubt that I was alive when the first McDonalds was opened over here - i dont know any different!!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hash browns are the best thing about a fry up - they taste the nicest!

Nicer taste than sausages? Or bacon? Or baked beans? Pah!

In fact do hash browns have any taste at all? Texture, yes, nice bit of grit (or SKAT as 1066 would probably call it) but taste-wise, in a relegation battle, I'd put hash browns on a par with a McCain's Oven Ready Chip.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Scambled eggs* on buttered toast with HP sauce.

Possibly some bacon, or grilled tomatoes - but scrambled eggs on toast is probably my favourite thing.

(*) not "watered" down with milk, just beaten eggs with a bit of melted butter, salt and black papper CONSTANTLY stirred whilst cooking over a low heat.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Most people that like hash browns don't even realise that the true hash brown isn't anything like the McDonalds version that is now common currency. Quite agree, although I do like them, they're not english and should be disqualified from this poll before people start adding other foreign foods like samosas.:angry:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Eggs
Bacon
Sausage
Hash Browns
Black Pudding
White Puding
Fried slice
Mushrooms
Baked Beans
AND a BIG mug of tea

NO, I REPEAT, NO TOMATOES, EVER

I almost forgot the fresh bread to soak up the juices left by the beans, bacon and mushrooms. Mmmmmm

Resorted to bringing in my own Baked Beans for brekkies at work now as they are no longer offering beans as one of the 5 items for £1.99 menu. :nono:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Scambled eggs* on buttered toast with HP sauce.

Possibly some bacon, or grilled tomatoes - but scrambled eggs on toast is probably my favourite thing.

(*) not "watered" down with milk, just beaten eggs with a bit of melted butter, salt and black papper CONSTANTLY stirred whilst cooking over a low heat.

The choice of condiments is particularly important. Has to be BLACK pepper. Has to be HP BROWN sauce. Anything else will receive a lukewarm reception from the cognoscenti.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
The choice of condiments is particularly important. Has to be BLACK pepper. Has to be HP BROWN sauce. Anything else will receive a lukewarm reception from the cognoscenti.
:thumbsup:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Sometimes I mix worcester sauce with Heinz tomato ketchup for a slightly more fruity spicy hit.

Seem to work better with eggs and tomatoes for some reason.

Also must be served with strong hot tea.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Nicer taste than sausages? Or bacon? Or baked beans? Pah!

In fact do hash browns have any taste at all? Texture, yes, nice bit of grit (or SKAT as 1066 would probably call it) but taste-wise, in a relegation battle, I'd put hash browns on a par with a McCain's Oven Ready Chip.

I don't eat red meat - so sausages / bacon are out of the question. Beans are only good if theyre the Heinz variety - none of this Tesco Value crap that cafe's give you!! Therefore Hash Browns wins!!!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
the last cooked breakfast I had was in a hotel in Edinburgh and I have to say it was the best I have ever had... (the Jocks know how to do breakfast)

Porridge with local honey

followed by

Bacon
Sausage
Mushrooms
Tomato
Poached Egg
Black Pudding
Toast
Haggis
Potato thing

lovely...