Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Which club would be your billionaire's football project?

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Absolutely this. I was at uni in Bradford too and spent some time watching the Bantams (even had a City shirt).

Bradford's a big city so there's a hell of a catchment area and it would piss Leeds off so much

Another Bradford Uni ex-student here. It's a great suggestion in this hypothetical situation.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
On the basis that I wouldn't want to compete against Brighton and as I'm patriotic, it would have to be to take Berwick up through the leagues and break the stranglehold of Celtic and Rangers. An English club winning the Scottish Premiership. How grand would that be?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
OGC Nice

With that amount of dosh I want good food , good wine and lots of sun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Worthing, massive potential.

For....

Moaning
Mobility Scooter access
O.A.P refreshment specials
Quick turn around on half season ticket waiting list (could even offer specials on full season tickets for those who feel lucky)
Singing section (free biscuits at half time for participants)
Heated seats and tartan blanket Options
Sponsorship deal with tena men.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Worthing, although think George Dowell is doing a great job there. Think Worthing is the biggest town in the UK without a professional club, could be wrong, but massive potential.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's interesting if true. Would be my choice for local reasons as well, and would produce a big local derby with Brighton over time.

Jaxie

Dec 2, 2018
Far East (Sussex)
Hastings united.
I’d develop the Pilot Field into a monolith of a stadium. 50,000 seats plus terracing to hold a further 20,000. Just to begin with. Liam Rosenior as my first manager to lead the charge from non league to football league. Then give Mark McGhee his chance in the premier, and see what he could do with millions to spend.

But if it has to be a league club, Millwall or Charlton probably.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
On the basis that I wouldn't want to compete against Brighton and as I'm patriotic, it would have to be to take Berwick up through the leagues and break the stranglehold of Celtic and Rangers. An English club winning the Scottish Premiership. How grand would that be?
Even grander would be to have Berwick Rangers and Berwick Rovers, one playing in England and one in Scotland, ground sharing. Be fun if they met in a European game.

No love for Burnley? Old club, great history, time we won our third title? Who needs a catchment area anyway?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Wimbledon. Easy, decent club, screwed over by chairman, piss off Palace as biggest in South London.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Even grander would be to have Berwick Rangers and Berwick Rovers, one playing in England and one in Scotland, ground sharing. Be fun if they met in a European game.

No love for Burnley? Old club, great history, time we won our third title? Who needs a catchment area anyway?

Been to Burnley and therefore no love.

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
Lincoln City

My local club since I moved up here as a kid. They have a core of around 8k really passionate supporters which for a small city isn't bad. Their FA Cup run a few years ago really got the city buzzing and showed there is real desire for the club to do well.

Most of the kids I grew up with were United or Liverpool and I've no doubt that they would have a big uptake in local support just like we did.

I think with a Rotherham style newer ground and some more investment in wages and an academy they could be a really solid Championship side.

It's also a brilliant away day so some teams higher up the pyramid should get to try it.

Plus who wouldn't want to hear an air raid siren for corners in the Premier League?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Worthing or Shoreham for me. Always had a interest with local footie especially Shoreham. Love finding out and seeing the day to day running of the club being friends with the chairman. Would invest in the stands and a few licks of paint and then slowly go up the football pyramid!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I wonder if it would be possible to start / take over a club with the help of Kickstarter money... hmm........

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Did some research and just e-mailed "Dudley Town FC" asking what they want for it. If they say "well give us £200k and you got it", Im going Kickstarter.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Would have said Hastings but on the up already and Eastbourne would be too close to Brighton. Albion must be the ideal parent club to link up with for good youth loans or freebies after release.

But I think you have to consider London clubs ideally so Charlton would probably beat out Orient slightly for me. Outside punt Dagenham and Redbridge (wouldn't have to live there but good football catchment area). Charlton being next to Greenwich would be a nice place for a billionaire to live.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Money no object would like to join the board at Brighton and have an input. I would tell Barber every email he receives doesnt need a 1/2 page reply and find out what Ashley writes on his notes during games Out of league in Sussex Hastings must have best potential to get in league and attract 7/8k gates

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here