Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Which club would be your billionaire's football project?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
In this country Plymouth. Good fanbase, large catchment area and I’ve always quite liked them. One of my best mate’s supports them and I always look out for their results. Oh and Fans United of course.

Worldwide though it would be Schalke. That is a massive club who should be one of European football’s power houses.

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
Good shout. I went to university there in 98 and had a student season ticket when they went up until I left in 2001! £150 if I remember correctly.

Bradford City

Went to university there in 96 and had a student season ticket there until they reached and stayed up in the prem on the last day of the 2000 season.

They had a string of poor owners and almost went pop such as we.

They have the fire tragedy in their past. Often forgotten in the light of hillsborough.

They have a lobsided but really atmospheric stadium in valley parade.

They get 12000 regularly in the lower leagues and could easily fill 25-30k in the prem.

They live in the shadow of Leeds and what better time to try and overshadow their illustrious West Yorkshire rivals than now, during their renaissance!

That’s where I’m spending my billions if uncle Tony doesn’t want to sell up!

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
Charlton Athletic, great club, cool logo, with fans that supported us in our time of need and they hate Palace win, win

Great shout. Charlton would be my choice too, for the reasons you mention. It would be great to give their fans some success again, and it would be a bonus that they could rub Palace's nose in it when they beat Barcelona to win the Champions league. Again! :lol:

For a (much) longer term project I would go for Cranleigh. I'm not sure if a village football team has ever got to the top flight before! I would have to re-name them Cranleigh Village FC, just so it would really pi55 off massive teams like Leeds when we win the PL :lolol:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Man Utd. I'd love to get them relegated, and push them down through the league. I'd be a great owner/manager/captain/goalkeeper? Oh, and all the kits I'd choose, make our chewit wrapper kit look like high fashion.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
York City.

My university town, so I'll always have a soft spot for them. It's a great city which people love to visit, so I'd make sure it was a good away day when I redevelop Kit-Kat Crescent (the name stays).

Obviously it would be a long term project, but as soon as they reached the Premier League and finished above Leeds I'd put up a massive sign next to the A64 saying "Yorkshire's BIGGEST football club".

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
York City.

My university town, so I'll always have a soft spot for them. It's a great city which people love to visit, so I'd make sure it was a good away day when I redevelop Kit-Kat Crescent (the name stays).

Obviously it would be a long term project, but as soon as they reached the Premier League and finished above Leeds I'd put up a massive sign next to the A64 saying "Yorkshire's BIGGEST football club".

You don't need to rebuild Kit Kat Crescent: they're due to move into their brand new stadium next season :lol:

EORovo6X0AAE156

Last edited:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
You don't need to rebuild Kit Kat Crescent: they're due to move into their brand new stadium next season :lol:

As you can tell, I keep a close eye on all things York City :lolol:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Las Vegas Lights would do for me. I could then spend the rest of my time blowing my billions on gambling, drink and hookers.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
As you can tell, I keep a close eye on all things York City :lolol:

:)

Shared with the rugby team (apparently York has a rugby team), and is a major new leisure complex as well. Looks quite smart in the photos (see previous post).

Agree it's a lovely city.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
My initial thought was to go full Archer/Bellotti on Palace and see how they deal with it but on further thought I'd do Fort William instead as I'd get to live somewhere stunning. I'd also start them off in the English league system as well, because, well, why not?

Las Vegas Lights would do for me. I could then spend the rest of my time blowing my billions on gambling, drink and hookers.

And wasting the rest?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
:)

Shared with the rugby team (apparently York has a rugby team), and is a major new leisure complex as well. Looks quite smart in the photos (see previous post).

Agree it's a lovely city.

That does look nice. I quite like the fire pattern of the seats. I hope there's space for me to increase capacity to 60,000 though.

I notice there's an M&S Food in the car park. Putting it above Selhurst Park already.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
"But first up on Match of the Day tonight, second placed Manchester United were the visitors to runaway leaders Faversham Town. Guy Mowbray was watching the action to see Ole Gunnar Solskjær's men would become the latest to be added to [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION] raidly lengthening ignore list."

Rapidly.

It's rapidly.

:rolleyes:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Torn between:

Barnstoneworth United to bring back the dream line up of Haggerty F, Ferris, Noble, Codren, Crapper, Davis, Sullivan, O’Grady, Kembell, Hacker and Davitt

Crystal Palace, just so I can ban the black hoodies from the ground, release Zaha on a free along with any other decent player, then to bring in park footballers and manager the team myself as they suffer successive relegation to the Isthmian League Division One South East

Exeter City, never been higher than the third tier in English football and it would be great to make their ground THE St.James Park that everyone associates with a football team, rather than the up in Newcastle.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Great shout. Charlton would be my choice too, for the reasons you mention. It would be great to give their fans some success again, and it would be a bonus that they could rub Palace's nose in it when they beat Barcelona to win the Champions league. Again! [emoji38]

For a (much) longer term project I would go for Cranleigh. I'm not sure if a village football team has ever got to the top flight before! I would have to re-name them Cranleigh Village FC, just so it would really pi55 off massive teams like Leeds when we win the PL [emoji38]ol:
Yeah agreed Charlton is a superb choice

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Probably Notts County oldest professional club with plenty of history great city and decent catchment area.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
AFC Wimbledon.

Not a doubt.

Community club. Been shafted like no other. Can't stand Palace and would eventually eat into their supporter base

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
used to go and watch Gateshead play when I lived in Newcastle. Absolutely colossal fanbase on their doorstep. I'd build them a smart, new stadium right on the banks of the tyne and watch them overtake their two neighbours

failing that, Worthing have big potential (although they're doing good things at the moment)

or a team in Scotland to break the duopoly/monopoly....surprised no ones really done it yet

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here