Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which celeb have you had a complete change of heart about

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not the greatest title, I know. But hopefully you get the gist of it.

This comes from watching Gordon Ramsey, the other night.
Now I might not have been his greatest fan, but nevertheless, I enjoyed what he brought to the table, so to speak.

But either he's ramped it up, or I now see through it, as I could only watch 10 mins of the F word, and even less of him in India.

He is now no longer welcome on our telly, and that's quite something coming from Wifey.

All the time Oliver, until gurning with his family, has been going up in my estimations.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I never liked the Goody woman, but since she's snuffed it she's now St.Jade the Patron Saint of Chavs, god bless 'er!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Russell Brand. Couldn't stand him until I saw him in Forgetting Sarah Marshall, really good actor and the best thing in a very good film. To be fair he was just kind of acting himself but thought it worked well.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Totally agree about Ramsey, I've always liked him up till now but the India programme was just horrible.
"In england, yes, we'd say thats the dogs bollocks, yes, can you translate that, yes"

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I know there are others but the only one I can think of now is Kid Rock. I used to see him as a weannabe tough cool guy ladies man type who screamed a lot while his posse backed him up.

I then saw him perform at mtv's birthday bash and he completely blew me away with his music talents and now I always tend to enjoy his performance.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
Totally agree about Ramsey, I've always liked him up till now but the India programme was just horrible.
"In england, yes, we'd say thats the dogs bollocks, yes, can you translate that, yes"

yes, what a patronising cvnt he is. I wish one of those indian chefs would shove his pockmarked head in a pan of boiling oil.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I was hoping to watch the follow up of Hell's Kitchen USA when that guy completely freaked at the end and squared up to Ramsey, but I fear I may have missed it.

Can't really think of anyone. My first impressions are usually spot on.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Russell Brand. Couldn't stand him until I saw him in Forgetting Sarah Marshall, really good actor and the best thing in a very good film. To be fair he was just kind of acting himself but thought it worked well.

I couldn't stand him but I think that was down to the fact he used to be involved with the odious Big Brother. Then I saw him recently being interviewed by Frank Skinner and found him very funny. Just a shame he's shagging my favourite woman.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Strange as it may sound have two from the same sport.

Eric Bristow one of my boyhood idols, met him and was gutted, complete c***.

Phil Taylor, thought he was complete c***, met him and he was the nicest person I ever interviewed on SCR.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was hoping to watch the follow up of Hell's Kitchen USA when that guy completely freaked at the end and squared up to Ramsey, but I fear I may have missed it.

The episode ended with that, teasing the confrontation in the next episode (monday, 9pm itv2). You've not missed it.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I always though Michael Winner was a complete nob but a few years back he was on a late night chat show with some gobshite DJ who was taking the piss out of a couple of lesbians and rather than join in, Winner put him firmly in his place and called him a arsehole.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Ben Fogle, or whatever the posh bloke who does all those shows is called. Always thought he was complete drip and a waste of space, but that programme where him and Cracknell walked to the south Pole changed my mind. Despite suffering from a flesh-eating bug that could have killed him and doing no training, he was the one that held it all together.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Barry Hearn for me. I used to think he was a right prick but after having met him I realise that in fact he was a total C.UNT.

Playing On The Grit

Twitter: @leighjcooper
Apr 2, 2008
He's dead now but years ago I thought Jeremy Beadle was a cock and read several times that he was up himself. Then I saw him on a programme where a "celebrity" spends a week living with a normal family and joins in with their everyday activites and he was a really war, genuine guy and really lovely.

It wasn't until later his fund raising was spoken about and I think he took a lot of abuse from members of the public but he never used his charidee work as a defence. According to Wikipedia he raised an estimated £100 million. Not quite the cock I thought he was!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Ben Fogle, or whatever the posh bloke who does all those shows is called. Always thought he was complete drip and a waste of space, but that programme where him and Cracknell walked to the south Pole changed my mind. Despite suffering from a flesh-eating bug that could have killed him and doing no training, he was the one that held it all together.

It'll take a bit more than a contrived TV show about a south pole trek with a film crew and god knows what creature comforts off-camera to convince me he's anything other than a cock.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Where as Cracknell came across as a right arse biscuit.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Tony Millard.

Up until now I thought he was just a dirty old sex case but turns out I'd got him completely wrong and fully deserving of a knighthood.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here