Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which bird will you be roasting this Christmas?

Which bird will you be roasting??

• Turkey

Votes: 29 42.6%
  • Chicken

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Goose

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Pheasant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Partridge

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Duck

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Guinea Fowl

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Pigeon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Multi-Bird

• Nut Roast

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Something Else

• I won't be partaking

Votes: 5 7.4%

• Total voters

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
With consumers being warned to order their turkeys earlier than ever this Christmas due to the severe shortage, what bird will you be roasting this Christmas?

Something traditional, moist and succulent, you know what you're getting?

Something more daring, and different, could be exciting but may not live up to expectations?

Will you be going the whole hog as it's christmas and entering into a multi-bird roast?

Or pehaps birds aren't your thing and you'll be partaking in a nut roast?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I normally favour a GOOSE but the prices are absolutely stupid this year. About £14 a kilo!! f*** that

Therefore I think I'm just gonna spend the money on a very nice joint of BEEF instead

Turkey as is the tradition in MY house.

Yes I know it's not really the traditional bird to roast in the U.K but it is in MY house.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
im curious why you think there is a turkey shortage. a google shows only a couple of stories about shortages with food charities in the US. its a fairly predicatable market.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
im curious why you think there is a turkey shortage. a google shows only a couple of stories about shortages with food charities in the US. its a fairly predicatable market.

Bernard Matthews will be turning in his grave (if he can move for foil & roast potatoes).

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Last year we didn't bother with xmas dinner,we had a bbq up at stamner park with the amex as a back drop:facepalm:

Attachments

• BARNSLEY 012.JPG
    BARNSLEY 012.JPG
    823.5 KB · Views: 228

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I'd like to have beef but nobody else in the family eats it but me so it'll have to be chicken :(

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
to the person who 'won't be partaking' is this for religious reasons, another justifiable reason, or because you are a miserable git?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Not sure as I won't be hosting this year. I am working on X-mas day so will get whatever catering provides.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here