Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Phil Collins

Votes: 17 30.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Which one of these fine artistes do you hate the most ???

That is all

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
No seriously, I voted for Phil.

I had a fantastic holiday in Greece this year. It was 45 degrees, the hotel had a beautiful pool which overlooked mountains and the sea, and next door was an excellent selection of restaurants and bars. The only trouble was, the only CD in the pool bar was the Best Of Phil Collins, if that's not an oxymoron. My iPod got a lot of use.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
It's hard to say I hate any of them. If anything, they stir up my own feelings of self-hate. I mean, my feelings go like this:

Hear someone listening to Coldplay
Instantly feel that they're missing the beauty of non-fake music
Hate myself for being so patronising
Feel sorry that maybe they don't know there's better music out there
Feel like I have some sort of duty to educate them
Realise I'm turning into more and more of a self-righteous prick every day
Sigh
Carry on listening to the music which makes me happy
Feel sorry that they can't hear it
Realising I'm being a patronising wanker
Feel strongly that I'm almost definitely right though
Wonder if I could save them
Realise I'm becoming more and more of a self-righteous prick every day
Make posts on internet forums which are largely not about music about it
Wonder if I need to get a life
Wonder if I can use the internet to spread great music and stop people from listening to this fake shit
Realise I'm being a patronising wanker and no-one will listen anyway
etc

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
It's hard to say I hate any of them. If anything, they stir up my own feelings of self-hate. I mean, my feelings go like this:

Hear someone listening to Coldplay
Instantly feel that they're missing the beauty of non-fake music

Generally agree with the gist of your entire post.

Of course when you hear someone listening to Coldplay you have absolutely no idea whether the rest of their musical taste just happens to be identical to yours.

It is also, of course, supremely arrogant to assume that your personal taste is better than anyone else's. It can only be the same or different.

The exception that proves the rule, by definition, is Phil Collins :sick:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Ive gone for Keane because I dont know any of their songs, none that I can think of anyway. I like Coldplay, I liked a couple of James Blunts songs & Phil Collins is one of my favourite 80's musicians so Keane are the obvious choice.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I object to the term 'artist' when applied to any of those 'paint-by-numbers' songwriters.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm not a fan of any of them, but James Blunt has never been anything other than absolute shite, whereas I suspect I could make a case for any of the other 3.

If I could be arsed.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I dont necessarily "hate" anyone. I may dislike certain music, ie a lot of this "gangsta" homophobic shite that black americans seems keen on singing which encourages violence...that I think is "bad" music. But lots of people on here think its great, so ......

For all the people who dont like James Blunt, there are an equal number of people who actually like his music..

As I have bleated on and on and on...music is all about taste and personal choice.

Personally I am a big Genesis fan and have been for 30 odd years. I have no problem with Phil Collins at all and I thought that gabriel became bigger than the group which was why he left, but I still think his music is brilliant, technically as well as something to listen to.

If I was pushed, I really dislike the Take That type of music!...

I am a great fan of big band,1940's/1950's music, Tommy Dorsey, Jo Stafford, Ella Fitzgerald, Louis armstrong, Frank Sinatra( earlier stuff) jack Buchannon etc

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I would have to say James Blunt although his name does provide good cockney rhyming slang.

If the list had such "artists" as Kanye West, Sean Paul and 50 Cent then I would vote for their talentless rubbish any day.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Today's music facism thread taking shape nicely. When's Cole Porter's new album out?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here