Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which Albion signing surprised you the most?...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The Gary Hart of season 2008-9, HAS to be the winner. How can anyone not have been MONUMENTALLY surprised by what OGH produced, out of NOWHERE, to inspire the great escape?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Phil Stant , old , lower division journey man.

Turned out to be inspired , fired up the team , brought the team together , got few goals and was loved by the crowd

Pretty comical character but one you'd want in the trenches

Sorry, can you just remind me exactly how many goals he did score for us in his brief stay?

He was pants on Blind Date though.:laugh:

As I heard it, he hadn't even told his fiance he was going to be on the telly either, wonder why not!!

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Dennis Mortimer for me

He came from Villa and I thought he was on the way out, but galvanised our midfield with his silky skills and pedigree in a totally unobtrusive way

Class act

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Sorry, can you just remind me exactly how many goals he did score for us in his brief stay?

As I heard it, he hadn't even told his fiance he was going to be on the telly either, wonder why not!!

OK it was ust the 1 but that was a diving header with the ball on the floor , class !

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Another vote for Darren Currie here. When we signed him I thought it was most strange, an out of contract 29 year old with a carrear of Wycombe, Barnet and Leyton Orient. He proved me and everyone else wrong. It was no suprise at all when Ipswich came calling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here