Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which Albion signing surprised you the most?...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I.E... Which player in your lifetime that the Albion signed did you think 'Oh shit, not him, he's crap' but then that player turned out to be really good and made you eat your words...

If that makes sense. :jester:

(Loan signings count)

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Mickey Thomas, but like Marshy it was for the opposite reasons.

That was a signing I remember so clearly and fondly from my childhood, because that was us buying someone from Manchester Utd! Woo hoo. And not one of their kids (Ritchie) coming in and doing nothing to stop my sobbing at the loss of Ward :bowdown: but a genuine Man Utd regular, who everyone knew, was coming to MY club.

Shame he turned out to be complete pants, and kept vanishing back to the valleys everytime we turned our backs.

Apr 17, 2009
Rural East Sussex
Tony Grealish. Could not do anything right when he first played for BHA but developed in a good signing. Teddy Maybank was another slow starter but his hat trick against Cardiff City changed that.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Phil Stant , old , lower division journey man.

Turned out to be inspired , fired up the team , brought the team together , got few goals and was loved by the crowd

Pretty comical character but one you'd want in the trenches

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Tony Grealish. Could not do anything right when he first played for BHA but developed in a good signing. Teddy Maybank was another slow starter but his hat trick against Cardiff City changed that.

He was pants on Blind Date though.:laugh:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Phil Stant , old , lower division journey man.

Turned out to be inspired , fired up the team , brought the team together , got few goals and was loved by the crowd

Pretty comical character but one you'd want in the trenches

My vote goes to him, too.

I remember seeing him warming up at Orient and saying to my mate "what the f**k's Phil Stant doing in a Brighton shirt?", as I hadn't heard anything about the signing before the game.

Ended the season as a bit of a cult hero.

OO AH Stantona!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Danny Cullip.
"Oh great, a permanent crock, we'll be lucky to get half a dozen games out of him".

How WRONG could I be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here