Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which Albion games bring back the best memories?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
One of my happiest memories was not of a game itself, but the journey back. Can't remember the exact year, though I am sure Ernest will fill us in. Two games left in the season, siting third in the table, we travelled to Chester knowing that two more wins and we were up. We only drew and there was much desperation, until on the way back, 100 people crowded around one little radio at Toddington services, heard that whoever was fourth had lost [possibly Notts County] and it was all still in our hands.

I think we then beat Brizzle Rovers the following week to go up.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Brentford away in the Cup. I think it was the preceding game to the Northampton game spoken of fondly earlier on.

First 10 mins all Brentford then we took over. Chants of 'We're gonna score in a minute' in the second half with the Albion attacking the end we were massed in. Then Nelse loses the ball deep into their half. tracks back and wins it back beats one, two then three of thier players before blasting it into the top corner.

Yaaaaeyyy!

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Brighton Bloke said:
Brentford away in the Cup. I think it was the preceding game to the Northampton game spoken of fondly earlier on.

First 10 mins all Brentford then we took over. Chants of 'We're gonna score in a minute' in the second half with the Albion attacking the end we were massed in. Then Nelse loses the ball deep into their half. tracks back and wins it back beats one, two then three of thier players before blasting it into the top corner.

Yaaaaeyyy!

didnt we beat bournemouth in the next round & then get Arsenal at home in the 4th round? They all lined up on the hove park side of the old shoreham rd then absolutely shat them selves when the old bill allowed the north stand out.most of them legged it halfway to highbury.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
the wanderbus said:
didnt we beat bournemouth in the next round & then get Arsenal at home in the 4th round? They all lined up on the hove park side of the old shoreham rd then absolutely shat them selves when the old bill allowed the north stand out.most of them legged it halfway to highbury.

I do hope you are not condoning violence?

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Moshe Gariani said:
like Ernest's list very much... how many people can match it? 50? 100? 500? i missed a few (e.g. Newcastle, Anfield, and Hereford)...

for me, i call it "The Time Machine" question... if you were allowed to actually be back there again and relive it what would you choose for sheer fascination and exhiliration?

very hard, but a Top 5 for me might be:

Tottenham in the North Stand 3-1
Boxing Day 1979
Highbury
The Final
Fans United or any one of the crazy last days at the Goldstone

Have got to agree ,"Tottenham in the North Stand 3-1"
was the business .

What a cracking match .
It had just about everything .
The original "Tank" (Paul Clarke) totally controlling the game .
And how about the away fixture earlier in the season : A 0-0 draw played to 50,000 jampacked in at White Hart Lane to witness an absolutely pulsating display from both teams .
Spurs invaded our end at that game as well .

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
That play-off semi 2nd leg was hell on earth for 119 minutes. We played like we were already out and each minute that dragged by was about as much fun as having your fingernails pulled out. Then Virgo stepped up and created the most memorable few moments I've had in 11 years watching the Albion.

Of course, the final was immense too. Walking out to my seat to be greeted by 30000 Albion belting out GOSBTS was pretty amazing.

There's plenty more games, but those two stand out for sheer celebration.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here