Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which Albion games bring back the best memories?

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Pretty much all mentioned since 1980.

- Us being applauded by the Liverpool players after we'd done them 2-1 at Anfield :clap2:

- Doncaster anyone ???

- I got a kicking V Hereford after the game :( ...............:clap2: :drink: :drink:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ernest said:
Where the ball hit the a snow mound and went in :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

It was f***ing cold that day but not as cold as Oldham was one year in the FA Cup, I nearly died of frostbite :angry: :angry: :angry:

How about when we beat Hull 3-2 away in the FA Cup in the 80's. It was minus something and the train broke down on the way back. We were left on a siding with no lights or heating for a couple of hours. Didn't matter though cos we were only football fans.

Also, Hartlepool 5-0 [Fans United] and a game at the Goldstone when we beat Charlton 7-0. I think Case scored a hat-trick?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
hampden park said:
was that the game that we built a bonfire in the stand because it was so cold.

Was there room, it was the one game that I have been wooried about being crushed as there were so many fans crammed into such a small space.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
hans kraay fan club said:
How about when we beat Hull 3-2 away in the FA Cup in the 80's. It was minus something and the train broke down on the way back. We were left on a siding with no lights or heating for a couple of hours. Didn't matter though cos we were only football fans.

Also, Hartlepool 5-0 [Fans United] and a game at the Goldstone when we beat Charlton 7-0. I think Case scored a hat-trick?

I put Charlton 7-0 in my list, a false dawn if there was ever one. Yup Hull in cup in 1986 was a wee bit parky but being chased around Hull station after warmed me up a tad :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
gazwag said:
Was there room, it was the one game that I have been wooried about being crushed as there were so many fans crammed into such a small space.
no room to light a fag let alone a bonfire...! that was DANGEROUS...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ernest said:
I put Charlton 7-0 in my list, a false dawn if there was ever one. Yup Hull in cup in 1986 was a wee bit parky but being chased around Hull station after warmed me up a tad :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Were you on the train that broke down?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ernest said:
Where the ball hit the a snow mound and went in :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

It was f***ing cold that day but not as cold as Oldham was one year in the FA Cup, I nearly died of frostbite :angry: :angry: :angry:

I aslo went to all the above apart from Rochdale as I was resident in the shithole known as Melksham.

Was Oldham the cup game we lost 5-1 or was that Bolton...

Anyone remember Northampton at the old Cricket ground where we won 2-1 , Kev Bremmner scored and they all ran on the pich at the end of the game and the Brighton fans apart from about 15 of us who stood and watched, all legged it out of the ground.

Canvey Island which was mayhem after the game.

Sudbury in the Cup......nice ground , played dreadfully but got a draw...lost in replay and Case got the sack.

Chesterfield, to win promotion I think it was in the 70's....we ran on the pitch at the end and the chesterfield fans were all jumping over the wall at the back of the stand!!!

Two forest games stick in the memory. One lost 3-1 in cup and coach and trains broke down en route, second one in 1980's, won 1-0 Gerry Ryan? and we hung on. Forest hadn't lost at home for 100 years and we did em

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
dave the gaffer said:
I

::

I was at Oldam about 1990, when we lost 6-1, but I don't think it was a cup tie. Dean Wilkins scored the best goal of the game though. A free kick from about 140 yardsish.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
dave the gaffer said:
I aslo went to all the above apart from Rochdale as I was resident in the shithole known as Melksham.

Anyone remember Northampton at the old Cricket ground where we won 2-1 , Kev Bremmner scored and they all ran on the pich at the end of the game and the Brighton fans apart from about 15 of us who stood and watched, all legged it out of the ground.
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
yes! was either 87 or 88... promotion year near end of season? there was a marquee as part of the ground? big turnout of Albion that day... don't remember the quick exit but i would have been very, very drunk....

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
hans kraay fan club said:
I was at Oldam about 1990, when we lost 6-1, but I don't think it was a cup tie. Dean Wilkins scored the best goal of the game though. A free kick from about 140 yardsish.

was that on the artificial pitch?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Moshe Gariani said:
yes! was either 87 or 88... promotion year near end of season? there was a marquee as part of the ground? big turnout of Albion that day... don't remember the quick exit but i would have been very, very drunk....
and now seeing Ernest's post, i might have got confused with a cup game!!! was that on a sunday?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
dave the gaffer said:
was that on the artificial pitch?

Probably.

We had another game were, they let the supporters clubs have a match on the astro before the main match. I was sub and only played last five minutes. Class though, playing in front of about 4,000 by the end as people arrived for the proper match. We won 1-0. Don't know what the real result was.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
how about Bristol Rovers away at Bath when we lost 4-0(?) We were all singing Bye Bye barry at LLoyd, including the Gas heads, and my photo , waving goodbye" was splashed all over the back page of the Argus, with the headline " Albion Fans turn on LLoyd"

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I had a classic back in 2001. Flew overnight from Austin, Texas, train from Gatwick to Watford the had a lift from Watford to Rocahdale. Chippy scored with four minutes to go only for them to score with the last kick of the match.

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Ernest said:
Doncaster of course to me is the game that brings back the worst memory of all, walking out of the ground down under the railway to the Exchange for that last ever post match pint and a chat.
Still brings me to the tears now and I am sure it was God crying with us that afternoon that caused the rain.

That was shit - I was f***ing soaked. To add to the bitch, was after spending 18 years in the North, I had to stand in the East :(

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Ernest said:
Doncaster of course to me is the game that brings back the worst memory of all, walking out of the ground down under the railway to the Exchange for that last ever post match pint and a chat.
Still brings me to the tears now and I am sure it was God crying with us that afternoon that caused the rain.

That was shit - I was f***ing soaked. To add to the bitch, was after spending 18 years in the North, I had to stand in the East :(

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
so awful, you posted it twice

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here