Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where's the loyalty gone

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I can't believe some of the things I read on here, all the things the club are blamed of, "indecisive" "clueless" "panicky" etc etc does some of these words ring true, maybe some people should look in the mirror, it is an absolute disgrace that so called supporters should turn against their club, if you only want to moan all the time why bother to go, I will be at Orient on Saturday no matter what and if you think this situation is bad just think back to the nineties when we nearly went out of business, now get behing the team and at least do your bit to haul the club to safety and stop being so defeatist, wear your stripes with pride and stop keep on moaning :ascarf: :ascarf: :ascarf: :ascarf:

Again? What is with people saying "think of how bad it's been in the past" doesn't stop it being bad now. Not as bad, yet, but still bad. Why diod people complain in the nineties, I mean, it wasn't as bad as during the war...

I can separate the club from the board and the players. The club is bigger than any of them and the club will always have my support.

If the board make bad decisions, I will criticise them for them for it. If a player plays badly I will criticise him for it. If a manager shows a lack of awareness of what trouble he is in/what tactics he should play, I will call him on it.

Any parent, or probably teacher, can tell you how it is possible to criticise/chastise someone and still love them. How many parents have told their children off, told them they're doing something dangerous/wrong etc. in an effort to help that kid grow and develop and become a decent human being? Does that mean they don't love them? Of course not.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Will you please just get over Wilkins, HE's GONE NOW, so get behind the boys and if when we are safe you still want to have a go at the board or whoever then write to them personally and sign your letter with your name. Come on you seagulls we can all do this together

Woah. Hold on a minute.

You can't have it both ways.

You started this thread telling people to remember the past, to look back to the nineties.

Now you say to get over wilkins, he's gone now?

Archer and Bellotti are gone now. Get over that little spat in the nineties and judge the current board against themselves, not someone who's already gone.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Any parent, or probably teacher, can tell you how it is possible to criticise/chastise someone and still love them. How many parents have told their children off, told them they're doing something dangerous/wrong etc. in an effort to help that kid grow and develop and become a decent human being? Does that mean they don't love them? Of course not.

i don't think that's a good analogy.

any teacher that criticizes in the manner that albion fans do (ie - foul mouthed personal abuse) would be fired. any parent heard doing so would probably be reported to social servcies.

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
Even since I posted my reply an hour or so ago on this thread there has been more division - even infighting about whether we are infighting or not

- infighting about whether we should look to the past or not

- infighting about whether we would rather go down or get pardew!

Usually I welcome such debate but here it's just undermining the season and getting very boring!
:yawn:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Even since I posted my reply an hour or so ago on this thread there has been more division - even infighting about whether we are infighting or not

Usually I welcome such debate but here it's just undermining the season and getting very boring!

lol - "in fighting"...Makes us sound like the two Korea's.

The "in fighting" is nothing new on here...It's always been around and always will be, regardless of whether we're top or bottom of the league and what makes this board one of the best club forums on the net as it gives everyone the ability to air their opinion...

It'd be boring (as you put it) if everyone agreed with each other all the time!

Yes, some on here spout drivel 99.5% of the time but that's life.

If it's getting to you THAT much then either don't post on here or go and see a psychiatrist!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Orient away has allways been important for one reason or another over the past 12 years or so..............and i cant wait....Lets be loud as hell... If we win at orient things will be back on track...If you let the jibes and "In fighting" worry you, you should not be on this site.....Come on Albion fans lets be a unit

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

So... no expressing opinion on here? This isn't in fighting, this is debate. You say you welcome it, but then list every point of debate as "divisive in fighting"

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I'm shocked by the division that echoes around this site.

There is clearly a gap between those older fans who lived through the terrible Archer/Belotti days and those younger fans who need to read "Build a Bonfire" who think we are all Knight apologists.

There is constant griping about the Wilkins sacking - Wilkins probably should ahve stayed (particularly in hindsight) but we just need to move on and support a new manager when we get one.

Then there is major rifts between the Adams in/out brigades which I fear will continue just as the Wilkins saga rumbles on nearly a whole season later.

Followed by Booker/White abuse vs where the f*** are we gonna be for a couple fo games in the current crisis with nobody at the helm and all the players wishing they weren't at the club.

Finally the Blooms (gambling saviour - at least we have some money vs dodgy family with Archer connections ruling behind the scenes)

Whatever else - unity is what will keep the club up so let's just put this stuff to one side and rally around.

theres the rallying cry boys and girls and what a good one too

I think it's quite funny that most of the people criticising are the new ones.

This happens at least twice a year on NSC, normally in the summer, and at christmas.

Get used to it people! Ignore it if you don't like it.

I agree ....but the constant abuse of the players and management is difficult to ignore

Isn't it time all of you Wilkins lickers moved on and started supporting the club you all claim to be fans of? All of this bickering about what happened nearly a year ago is slowly eroding our support.

Wilkins has gone. He isn't coming back. Get over it for fucks sake!

No matter what you think of Dick Knight or his handling of Wilkins-he isn't going anywhere until Falmer is built so get over that too.

No wonder nobody is rushing to become manager-they've probably looked on here and thought "f*** that lot-I'll never make them happy so damned if I'm going to try for that job".
been saying that for ages do people think that whats written on here is not read by the people they are abusing

any teacher that criticizes in the manner that albion fans do (ie - foul mouthed personal abuse) would be fired. any parent heard doing so would probably be reported to social servcies.

absolutely right and those being written about must read this forum and go away extremely depressed................I know I do

the gist of the thread seems to be that all of us are thoroughly pee'd off with whats happened this season and we all have the right to complain about that .....but the abuse should stop we all love this club of ours and no matter who is in charge or who plays we should all still be giving our support to the CLUB

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Archer and Bellotti are gone now. Get over that little spat in the nineties and judge the current board against themselves, not someone who's already gone.

Little spat in the 90's?

Now I know your comments aren't to be taken seriously.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

But that is taking it to extremes. The basic concept being put forward is "if you criticise the club you can't be a true fan, you don't really love the albion".

My issue is with that basic concept. Bringing the extreme vitriol and painting it as the norm is, imo, misleading. But then I've developed an ability to instantly dismiss these extreme criticism/posts as the ramblings of people who are ranting thanks to their anonymity.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It was a poor result yesterday, but there was an awful lot of bad luck involved.

Bad luck is when the fates conspire and you lose by the odd goal. Extremely bad luck is losing by two goals. There has never been a team in HISTORY that can point to bad luck costing them 4 goals.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
So... no expressing opinion on here? This isn't in fighting, this is debate. You say you welcome it, but then list every point of debate as "divisive in fighting"

infighting between ourselves is probably the norm and we can take it or leave it.
Its the abuse of the players and management that gets bad the vitriol is unbelievable and that does nothing but harm the confidence of those at the club

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Little spat in the 90's?

Now I know your comments aren't to be taken seriously.

Someone's a little touchy. It's in the past, get over it!

You want to be dismissive of the unsettling actions surrounding Dean Wilkins, I'm merely expressing the same dismissiveness to show you how your comments are viewed by people who see the firing of DW as something more than 'chairman firing a manager' and more as something indicative of underlyin problems at the club that have not been addressed.

If people were as quick to dismiss the actions of Archer et al, as some are to dismiss the firing of Wilkins, this club would not exist.

The fans are the checks and balances that keep a club honest, keep it going. If we just let something go because "it's in the past" we're failing our club.

D Block blue

Feb 23, 2009
West Sussex la la la
maybe an idea to shut nsc for a few hours after a defeat and give all the negativity chance to calm down and there time to reflect. we still always have a chance, maybe some people should look at what still could happen rather than just what happened cos "it aint over till the fat lady sings"

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
maybe an idea to shut nsc for a few hours after a defeat and give all the negativity chance to calm down and there time to reflect. we still always have a chance, maybe some people should look at what still could happen rather than just what happened cos "it aint over till the fat lady sings"

Or maybe just don't log on for a few hours after the game?

It is quite easy to bypass.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Nobody makes you read it, or respond to it, or believe it... just let it pass by like so much hot air.

Life is way to short to waste time on some of the crap that goes on on here. :nono:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

It's only on NSC tho. As always on here, the angst just builds in on itself, with each poster competing to appear the most distraught.

Meanwhile, back in the post-match Tap on Saturday, the game barely got a mention. It was briefly and universally acknowledged that we got stuffed, everything Crewe hit went in, and that Sully had no chance with any of the goals. A collective shrug of the shoulders, then we got on with the important matters; drinking and playing pool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here