Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Where will you be watching the England Euro Final?

Where will you be watching the Euro Final?

• At home with family/friends

Votes: 80 46.2%
  • At someone elses home with friends/family

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • In the pub

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • Social Club

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I'm a lucky sod and I'm going to Wem-ber-lee

Votes: 12 6.9%
  • At a fan park

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'll be listening on the wireless

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I won't be watching or listening

Votes: 60 34.7%

• Total voters

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I have no interest whatsoever in women's football. I've watched none of it so far and certainly won't be watching the final.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I wish people would respect that some people don't like watching it. It's a media circus, overpromoting a non league level of football because it's women playing..
That's my view after trying to stomach one game.

Well said. That sums it up nicely.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Don’t worry, come mid winter it’ll be back to 500 or so people watching on reserve and out grounds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned by the blazers (Men) for 51 years and just 3 years professional. Extraordinary how good this England side are given these operating parameters. The club game will take years to recover from the sexist/misogynist hatchet job performed on the female game.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It used to be that boys played football and girls played hockey, which was odd because hockey is fantastically dangerous - a small hard ball being smacked around very fast and players armed to the teeth with great big wooden sticks.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I have no issue with people who say they don't watch it because they don't appreciate the standard.

I do have an issue when they don't stop banging on about it.

So how about staying off the threads for those who enjoy it.

And remember, the more you remind us of how shit you think it is, the more your attitude puts youngsters off coming into the game.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
It appears as though some people actively go out of their way to not like the game and ensure that everyone knows it.

It’s a shame as I feel you’re missing out, particularly on the England games.
Absolute entertainment.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I have no interest whatsoever in women's football. I've watched none of it so far and certainly won't be watching the final.

I am pleased to read this, because every time [MENTION=144]goldstone[/MENTION] posts I expect to disagree with everything he says.

Again, he has not disappointed me.

I find the comparisons to the men's game, in terms of quality, utterly irrelevant. The physiology of the female gender means that there are few sports where they could compete on an equal basis.

The woman's game is coming on in leaps and bounds, and this tournament has been excellent entertainment. My wife has been watching it, and that doesn't happen often.

The legacy that this tournament could leave is massive. Girls are going to see that football is not just for boys. Let's celebrate that, eh?

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
I'm sure you're all hoping so. Change is coming though.

100% it’s changing, have a son football mad and season ticket holder for 2 years at Amex now and he’s 9, his 2 sisters 6 and 4 are also football mad and have throughly enjoyed this euros, eldest daughter is already playing in a mixed u7’s and a girls u7’s and wants a wsl season ticket…. So guess Saturdays and Sundays will be Amex and peoples stadium for our household…. And in 12 years time hopefully my daughter will be one that’s inspiring the next generation of female footballers

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I find the comparisons to the men's game, in terms of quality, utterly irrelevant. The physiology of the female gender means that there are few sports where they could compete on an equal basis.

I think this is a sticking point for many people who actively dismiss and belittle the players and game.
You just can’t and shouldn’t compare the mens game to the womens.

I watch womens boxing and MMA, which is enjoyable. Though it’d be incredibly silly to compare the mens athletes to the womens.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Playing golf in the Wentworth Smith at east Brighton in the morning, BGDS competition.

Hopefully all done and dusted by 2 so can get back to watch the game at home probably.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Careful Dave! Don't go challenging the dinosaur's stereotypical views. Heaven forfend! They might have to watch this stuff!

Their biggest fear - deep down - is that the women's game gets more popular, and they might eventually have to give up control of the TV remote to other members of the family. The male preserve being challenged! Whatever next?

In the meantime, hands over ears and eyes. "La la la la la la la! This stuff is crap. La la la la la la la."

Judging by some of the comments posted after I contributed in the thread, some people are just determined to be pig ignorant and biased. There’s none so blind as he (or she) who will not see.”

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm not sure why this is relevant. The rest of the thread has been debated seriously. The fact that he started it doesn't mean that we have to assume that whatever follows will be his usual bollocks.

It isn't what follows that's bollocks. Its the initial post. And the more what follows isn't bollocks he more he's laughing at everyone.

It's called trolling :shrug:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
It isn't what follows that's bollocks. Its the initial post. And the more what follows isn't bollocks he more he's laughing at everyone.

It's called trolling :shrug:

Well, obviously...but occasionally it'll backfire because the subject of the thread is of interest, and would have worked if started by someone else.

His 'footprint' on this thread is minimal, the debate has been interesting, and I couldn't give a shit if he is laughing at everyone.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well, obviously...but occasionally it'll backfire because the subject of the thread is of interest, and would have worked if started by someone else.

His 'footprint' on this thread is minimal, the debate has been interesting, and I couldn't give a shit if he is laughing at everyone.

His footprint, after the first post, is always zero.

Watching people herded into silos, like Brexit, makes me wonder whether people ought to give their head a wobble before piling in. But by all means, fill your boots :shrug:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The first goal was brilliant. None of the other three go in as part of a men’s game. The fourth was embarrassing all round for the Swedes.

Disagree with your second sentence GB .. you see all sorts of goals happening in the men's game which just shouldn't happen. Russo's back heel was just great improvisation that caught the keeper out. The last goal was not good as keeper should have done better but how many times have you and I probably said that whilst watching the albion. The weakness in the women's game is the keeper , not because they are not good they just aren't tall enough. Personally think the women's crossing and shooting has been excellent. All opinions though.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
2022/23 WSL Season Tickets are now on sale.

Season ticket prices are just £49 for adults and £19 for Under 18s and Over 65s.

Your season ticket will guarantee you entry to all 11 Barclays FA Women’s Super League matches, as well as now including both Continental Cup and FA Cup fixtures up to, and including, the quarter finals of each competition.

As with the 2022/23 season, the majority of games will be played at The People's Pension Stadium (Crawley FC's Ground), however at least two fixtures will be played at the American Express Community Stadium, home of Brighton & Hove Albion.

https://tickets.brightonandhovealbion.com/en-gb/categories/women

Great value for money, especially for children and the over 65s who are getting in for under 2 quid, including 2 games at the Amex.

Let's hope there's a good response with the Euros success and visibility.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I wish people would respect that some people don't like watching it. It's a media circus, overpromoting a non league level of football because it's women playing..
That's my view after trying to stomach one game.

There's a purpose to the perhaps 'overpromoting' though (although I really don't think there has been an overpromoting), which is to encourage youngsters to get into the sport (young boys are certainly more accepting of womens football than older men on the whole which is great); to encourage girls to take up football for it to continue to grow and flourish; and to encourage more to attend league games which will then generate more money in the game.

If people don't like it fair enough but those like yourself and goldstone acting almost offended by it is laughable. In fact the only people I've known who actively slag off women's football are fat balding men who've never played anything more than park football in their lives. Generally, those who play/have played at a decent standard and/or are into health and fitness themselves are far more accepting of the sport and many enjoy it. Says quite a lot in itself, i think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here