Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Where will you be watching the England Euro Final?

Where will you be watching the Euro Final?

• At home with family/friends

Votes: 80 46.2%
  • At someone elses home with friends/family

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • In the pub

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • Social Club

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I'm a lucky sod and I'm going to Wem-ber-lee

Votes: 12 6.9%
  • At a fan park

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'll be listening on the wireless

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I won't be watching or listening

Votes: 60 34.7%

• Total voters

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Occasionally watch women's football, BHA and the odd international. But never watch England's men and no interest in the women's team either.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
Not planning to watch. Not seen the England mens team or champions leagues games for a long while so probably won't change and watch the ladies.

I would have thought, given your username, that you support almost everything that women do?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
At home with the family, best of luck to them. They look unstoppable ..

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Occasionally watch women's football, BHA and the odd international. But never watch England's men and no interest in the women's team either.

This is arguably not just football though but sort of a historical change for millions of people, perhaps primarly young girls. Good stuff.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Probably in bed, if not on the sofa as I'll be working nights over the weekend. Only thing that may disrupt my watching is the touring cars on at Knockhill.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is arguably not just football though but sort of a historical change for millions of people, perhaps primarly young girls. Good stuff.

I wholeheartedly agree but having watched some of the Euros I have concluded that it's just not for me, just like cricket, baseball and American football. It is without doubt great for those taking part and those who enjoy watching. I daresay if my daughter had been into it when she was young I would have a totally different view though.

It will be a fabulous and hopefully aggro free day for those who are into it and are going or watching :thumbsup:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I'll be watching it at home with my son. He's just started getting in to football. He's been to the Amex a few times and never seen us win or score, so it's not been the easiest but he's really got into the Women's Euros.

For him, he couldn't care less about it being women's or men's, he just wants it to be fun. Can't say I disagree with that sentiment. The QF at the Amex was awesome atmosphere-wise (better than 90% of our home games). It was nice not having the same old group of miseries moaning about taking the knee and a pride captain's armband.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Health and safety warning:

This is a Crodo thread. :shrug:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
And, if you can’t appreciate watching women play football, then you’re just not that into the game. That’s ok. It’s just a measure of how deep your passion for football goes. I guess you’re just a lightweight.

You moan about people making disparaging comments but then make one yourself. Nice.

I won't be watching because I've no interest in the women's game. Good luck to them and I hope they win. But I see it a bit like people being "into" athletics when the olympics are on. Will be tomorrow's chip paper come next Tuesday even if they go on and win the thing.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
And, if you can’t appreciate watching women play football, then you’re just not that into the game. That’s ok. It’s just a measure of how deep your passion for football goes. I guess you’re just a lightweight.

You do know that is a load of tosh don't you? My passion for football doesn't cover watching United, Chelsea, Barcelona, Madrid, in fact any match that doesn't involve the Albion men's team. How does that make me a lightweight? Would you watch Boro vs Burnley? :wink:

Dissing people who have no interest in women's football as well as 80%+ of televised men's football is just daft, Each to their own.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I disagree with the above statement. I will not watch it , I have no interest in women’s football. That does not mean that I have less passion for our game than someone else. Who watches every game that is screened on tv anyway. ?
Neither is is it a sexist thing to not want to watch . I am just looking forward to the start of our season away at Man U.

Respect - but you’re missing out on a Big sporting and National event. There are plenty of sports I watch infrequently but will thoroughly engage with when they have some national significance; the Olympics being a prime example. Football is OUR National game and a superb England side is in a final at Wembley. Surely that’s worth watching?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Respect - but you’re missing out on a Big sporting and National event. There are plenty of sports I watch infrequently but will thoroughly engage with when they have some national significance; the Olympics being a prime example. Football is OUR National game and a superb England side is in a final at Wembley. Surely that’s worth watching?

I agree. Normally I have no interest in rugby union, but I do enjoy watching the Six Nations.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

From my perspective I really hope they win it and yes I will watch the news and goals after the event but it doesn't float my boat enough to watch it unless I have nothing else to do, which I may not on Saturday late afternoon but I have no plans to arrange my day around it, unlike when the Albion are playing in any competition or televised friendly :smile:

I may go a bit [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] if GP gets the job as England Ladies manager though :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here