Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where will we finish in the league?

League position after final game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
On August 16, the day before the Everton match could we have another poll on the same question so voters can adjust their predictions based on any changes in the Seagulls squad?

We certainly need more polls AND poles AND people from Poland.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
This is arguably Tony Bloom's biggest gamble since he became chairman.

Crysensio Summerville would have a real statement of intent. But we'll see..........

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Looking at our opening ten fixtures it's currently hard to see us picking up that many points.
And so the pressure may start to mount on a new manager, with new players who will take time to bed in.
So I think we may well be around the relegation places before Fab gets his ideas across and we start to see some results.
10th-15th for me.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
After yesterday , 12th is achievable unless Fabian Hurzeler turns out to be another Semi Hyppia.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I’m going with a slightly uncomfortable 15th…

Roberto, for all his faults, had a certain aura and clearly commanded respect from his charges… his tactics were rigid, yet at their best, fluid… he acted and felt like a maverick and had huge respect from his betters… which, although could be viewed with a cynical edge, felt genuine enough.

I worry about a this new era, players are coming in ever more to make names for themselves and move on… and I’m struggling to genuinely warm to Fabian … that’s not to say he’s going to fail, but I’m not convinced it’ll be plain sailing and/or fanfare stuff…

My major concern relates to his judgement from preseason of who can cut it in the PL squad. Based on the level he’s previously had success at he might be in danger of overestimating some of our younger players, whilst fundamentally underestimating the actual quality of the PL… watching it and coaching in it are clearly two separate realities and looking at the ‘quality’ we’ve faced in pre-season, well, I’m not convinced that we should be expecting Ayari et al to be ready…

He clearly likes hussle, which we all do … the problem is maintaining high energy levels week in week out, whilst delivering a system that can cope defensively… I’m a bit worried he might be opting for all bustle and expecting that to overcome top level quality… I have other serious doubts tactically too, especially with such a high press and a squad not blessed with central defensive pace… even dropping a CDM in to cover quick counters doesn’t fill me full of confidence that we’re not going to get ripped apart… Everton will be very interesting 🤨

I’m more worried about this season than any since the last CH season.
Great post.

Everton is an evil game to start with.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Great post.

Everton is an evil game to start with.
It is, I’m sure our ‘mate’ big Sean will have been watching us with interest…

What worries me is that I suspect he’ll be rubbing his hands with glee… our new system looks a little naive to me, and if I’m thinking that - well, Dyche will be training hard with those lovely direct passes into our horrificly exposed wide defensive areas central to his plan.

Gulp.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006

What worries me is that I suspect he’ll be rubbing his hands with glee… our new system looks a little naive to me, and if I’m thinking that - well, Dyche will be training hard with those lovely direct passes into our horrificly exposed wide defensive areas central to his plan.

Gulp.
Fear not, Steele will keep them at bay :wink:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Think this season might be one of relative transition with the inevitable highs and lows with new players adjusting and settling in, plus a new inexperienced manager at this level getting his feet under the table.

Just have a feeling we might take a step backwards to go forwards and thinking 2025/26 might be the season when things really click. Obviously I hope we do well this season but for me there are too many unknowns and even though many of the signings excite me, it may take time for them to truly establish themselves.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
My gut feeling with the injuries we had and some of those late season performances was would be in the relegation battle next season but with a new young manager with fresh ideas and some new faces, I've gone for mid table. But we could finish higher.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The Villarreal game should be interesting.
Yes.

I’m still not sure whether the line-up, will be ‘the’ line-up, as players with slight knocks are less likely to be risked (see Barco and Pedro yesterday).

I think there was a degree of getting carried away yesterday, I honestly thought QPR were very poor, but you can only play what’s in front of you. I would expect Villarreal to be a much better test.

There’s lots to like about our squad, so hoping for another exciting season.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Gulp.
I would agree, but fortunately there aren’t many Everton’s.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
No idea at this point.
But it won't be dull :lolol:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Gulp.
Yup. We look very exposed out wide and when we do funnel back we stay narrow leaving way too much space for opponents coming in late from deep or wide positions. Dunk’s return (and Estupinan) will be welcome but from what we’ve seen in three games so far it’s going to be nerve-wracking.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
i've gone for a conservative 14th, but i think we'll find that spell in which we click, with Mitoma at full pelt and Minteh terrifying on the other wing, and Wieffer bossing things in the middle. If that spine takes shape, and has its fluttering identity around it, we might impress and surprise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here