Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where will be the next suggested site for the stadium?

Where will be the next suggested site for the stadium?

• Brighton Station (not the car park, Brighton Station)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Royal Pavillion

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Palace Pier

• Churchill Square

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • The Lanes

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Sea Life Centre

• Brighton Marina

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 17 34.7%

• Total voters

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
dave the gaffer said:
Burgess Hill next to the Triangle.

I think you'll find that the powers that be have designated that area to become the new home of St Pauls Catholic School.

How the hell they can build a school in an area of great natural beauty astounds me.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
I reckon putting it in the lanes would take football to a different level - a sort of 'find the goal' game, whereby the nippy strikers would spend hours weaving through the little allies in search of the net, only for a lumbering defender to step out of Cactus Canteen and boot them into Donatello's ...:clap2:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Personally I'd love to see the stadium built in the Marina! Nothing like that has been done yet and it would be totally 'Brighton'

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
On what I think is a more serious note. Stanley Deason/Marina High/East Brighton College of Media and Arts, would be the next idea.

I hate the thought of it. But it already has infastucure. The residents are used to floodlights, due to evening games. Thaey already have traffic congestion and noise on a daily basis.

And lastly the site is owned by the council.

Ready and waiting to be shot down in flames. Dover.

dover97 said:
On what I think is a more serious note. Stanley Deason/Marina High/East Brighton College of Media and Arts, would be the next idea.

I hate the thought of it. But it already has infastucure. The residents are used to floodlights, due to evening games. Thaey already have traffic congestion and noise on a daily basis.

Aren't they ready to do away with the scholl all together now?

Personally I think that would be a wicked site, not least cos of the thought of all those poor away fans drifting into Whitehawk, never to be seen again. :lolol:

dover97 said:

You beat me to it, dover.

Get in quickly before the council pay the £4 million to Jarvis - and they can use their vast experience of these things to build a railway link.

And we'll have all the benefits of a council Private Finance Initiative to fund the march towards the European Champions League.

Sorted.

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
rodean school, think of the cheerleaders we could have

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
A mate of mine reckons we should either build it down near the marina where that bit of waste land is at the end of volks railway or somewhere near west street, no wonder he get's the nickname the terrorist!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Wasn't there a bloke writing in from Southwick moaning about Falmer (Gawd know what it has to do with him in Southwick?)

I suspect it is because of his secret plan to put Sussex Cricket Club on Southwick Green, and leave the current cricket stadium for the seagulls.

:p

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
PS: I went down to film a cricket match at Southwick Green, and watched the first six break a house window and the second six ball have a satisfactory thud as it bulged the netting and made a noisy thud and dent in the car door. And the next ball, the batsman was mysteriously given out for a dubious lbw.

bat.gif

I do not know if it has anything to do with the insurance, but the house owner if he gets his window bashed in and his car knocked about, might just think ....... well what? he might want to buy an air raid shelter?

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Devis's Dyke: Have to rebuild the railway:jester:

Jarvis :jester: :dunce:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here