Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where Will Adam Virgo START - Hartlepool Away

At number 1 was Adam Virgo, At number 2 was Adam Virgo....

• Total voters

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Well, its time for the 2nd installement of the Virgo Velvet Bag game.

Only 6 people correctly guessed that he would start at right back against Peterborough, he didnt have a great game there, but it could seem likely that he will keep his place at the expense of recognised right back Andy Whing.

However, with Murray as a doubt, and Thornton not liked, who knows where he will start on our quest to keep a 3rd successive clean sheet against the free scoring Hartlepool

AdamVirgo_596586.jpg

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I voted right back. I think that Murray will play, even if only half-fit. If Forster was fit I would have voted 'striker' however I have a feeling that Anyinsah/Robinson may be playing up front with a half-fit Murray.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Thicky Adams has as good as said in the Argus today that he'll keep the right back slot.

The general concensus was that Virgs was average at best, at Peterborough, and Whing's performance over 90mins at Southampton on Wednesday proves he is over his phantom illness, so the sensible thing MIGHT be to actually play the recognised right back. But he won't.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thicky Adams has as good as said in the Argus today that he'll keep the right back slot.

The general concensus was that Virgs was average at best, at Peterborough, and Whing's performance over 90mins at Southampton on Wednesday proves he is over his phantom illness, so the sensible thing MIGHT be to actually play the recognised right back. But he won't.

Northern monkey in a northern monkey towm.

Adams should feel at HOME.

VIRGO will play at the expense of ANY player. Regrettably the VELVET BAG has dictated that this time its Whing. It could be ANY player next. Inc Kuipers.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I must admit, I thought Virgo looked good in centre midfield for the first few games of the season - as did many other posters for a while. Maybe with the return of McLeod this may happen again?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well, its time for the 2nd installement of the Virgo Velvet Bag game.

Only 6 people correctly guessed that he would start at right back against Peterborough, he didnt have a great game there,
AdamVirgo_596586.jpg

I was one of the 6 and MA said , in The Argus, he had a great game there against Peterborough so that probably answers your question

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
I must admit, I thought Virgo looked good in centre midfield for the first few games of the season - as did many other posters for a while. Maybe with the return of McLeod this may happen again?

I think a few people automatically assumed that as he scored 3 goals in the 1st 2 games that he played well in that position. I think a couple of his goals were from set peices, so his postion was not really relevant in terms of the goals.

Mcleod put in a couple of really good crosses on Tues so hopefully he will start to make a differance

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I was one of the 6 and MA said , in The Argus, he had a great game there against Peterborough so that probably answers your question

I dont know if you were at Peterborough, but Adams was not watching what I was watching. Virgo was terrible, out of position, distribution shocking (worse than Whing)
Virgo was also lucky their goal was disallowed as he was beaten to the header by the number 4. 10 minutes later, the same happened, Virgo was beaten in the air by the number 4 in our penalty box, lucky for us the ball went just wide of the stranded Kuipers.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I dont know if you were at Peterborough, but Adams was not watching what I was watching. Virgo was terrible, out of position, distribution shocking (worse than Whing)
Virgo was also lucky their goal was disallowed as he was beaten to the header by the number 4. 10 minutes later, the same happened, Virgo was beaten in the air by the number 4 in our penalty box, lucky for us the ball went just wide of the stranded Kuipers.

Yes but he's a 'smashing lad', so deserves to start.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Virgo is quite a handy keeper yanno! Gordan Strachan said if his first choice keeper jimmy crankie was ever injured Virgs would be a automatic choice

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Poor Andy Whing :nono:

He must have known the writing was possibly on the wall when the manager that got shot of him from Coventry re-appeared as his manager at Brighton.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
His position is center back.....he plays best at this position, play him there or no-where!!! What must the other players be thinking who are being dropped all the time from their correct positions to fit in in Virgo. Its getting a bit fuckin rediculous now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here