Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where were you when........Bobby signed for Spurs

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Left mates pad in London for a night on the booze. Quickly checked Footie Teletext as per usual before left flat. Strolled on. Ten minutes later my Dad rang me. My Dad never rings me.:ohmy:
Just announced on Radio 5 - no fee though. Gutted, spoilt the night. Got up next morning with the sale still milling around my head- Low and behold fee was announced. f***ing livid. Took me about a week to get over it.
:angry:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
1. Very drunk in Vodka Revolution, Bristol.

The news, received by way of a call to my mobile, turned me from 'happy drunk' to 'sad drunk'.

2. Hungover in my bed, listening to the radio. (1) above was all but forgotten until I was reminded sometime later.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
I was watching Sky Sports News, and they had just finished doing some meaningless VT, when the presenter announced they had just received breaking news that Spurs had agreed a fee with Brighton for Zamora.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I was at Luton Borough Council's very unlovely Central Depot when Lord B's text message arrived. "Well, f*** that", I said, "he's off to Hoddle's Circus". Complete bafflement from assembled Lutonites...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sitting in the office at my client's site in Tokyo. No webposting allowed at their place so found out from Sky Sports rather than NSC. And I've got to spend the next six months, at least, working with a Spurs fan.

And then I uttered the immortal words "at least we'll have some cash to buy new players now".

:censored:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here