Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where were you when........Bobby signed for Spurs

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
At work.

Fortunately ALL the Spurs fans in our room were off that day.

:censored:

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I had a bit of a birthday drink at the Battle. I turned up with my girlfriend and walked through the door, saw some of my friends by the bar and the first thing anyone says to me: "What a thing to happen on your birthday... Bobby's gone to Spurs!" Gutted. :(

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Dominican Republic on hols

Went on to Internet on the Thursday (purportedly) to email my son, looked at the Official Site, and saw Bob was in talks with Spurs.

Had to go back on-line on the Saturday, (in case I'd got an email back), Bob was gone.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Just passing thru the door which is the gateway bewteen my kitchen and 'living area'. The phone vibrated - I took it out, read the message: "Zamora has signed for Spurs FACT." from Safeway. I collapsed in a blubbering heap on the floor. Well, almost.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Read it on here first actually. Mind you that was three years ago, just a matter of waiting for events to catch up.

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
I was working in Minneapolis. I had just got into work and logged on to BBC news on my computer. I saw a little banner going across the top of the screen saying "Zamora to sign for Spurs"....more news to follow. I waited anxiously for 10-15 minutes before the story appeared in full. A number of swear words left my mouth as the pathetic transfer fee was confirmed. I then had to explain the situation to a number of bemused yanks. They just don't understand!

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
On NSC at the time, dismissed it as crap when the first thread came up, then got rather upset when another 4-5 followed...
:nono:

NSC - Officially the first for news!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd like to know where the person responsible for updating the official club site was when Bobby signed for Spurs...

"I was in the boozer and saw it on Sky Sports. I thought "Bugger!" I'll have to update the site again, I only changed it in June. Oh well, it can wait for a few days, it's no big deal..."

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I was on NSC but received a text from a friend in Brighton who heard it on Talksport in his car. :(

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Work had gone mad, late evenings, head down, no time for NSC , Sky Sports News, anything. Walked into my office Friday morning, threw my case down. In walks office Spurs fan (this is a London office), casual smile from him, 'see we signed him' is coolly thrown into the room. He goes on 'of course its a risk for us, will he be able to make the grade?'. Smug ****. I was at a loss for words. Didn't sink in until I saw a picture of BZ in the Spurs shirt, body swept by nausea.

Why does it always happen like this. I scan the news, NSC etc religiously but when something big happens I am always looking the other way. I was told about Micky's departure by an Orient fan.

Donny Osmond

Jul 6, 2003
Just finished 5 a-side in Hildenborough. Got a lift home from a SPURS FAN and the news broke to us on Talksport. :angry:

jimmy hill's chin

Jul 5, 2003
NSC

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I got in from work turned on Sky Sports news and there he was holding a disgusting Spurs shirt!!!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here