Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where were you when........Bobby signed for Spurs

The first of a mini series.

Where were you? I was on a packed bus in Peacehaven on my way home from work when my mate rang me a broke the news. The busy nature of the bus meant I had to wait another 45 minutes before being about to shout 'bollocks'. Very frustrating, rather like holding in a fart during a job interview.

Where were YOU ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
At hospital at around 8pm being told that my son was going to have to stay in for a fortnight when I was due to be out drinking with my mates. I couldn't imagine that it was going to get any worse when afters and one of my brothers both texted me to tell me the news. :censored:

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
It was first thing in the morning, I'd just walked into the office, switched on my computer and then went off to make a cup of tea. When I returned to my desk and checked my e-mail I saw several e-mails with the subject headings along the lines of "Bobby's finally gone" from the Seagulls mailing list that I'm subscribed to. When I saw that I knew that this sad inevitable day of Bobby's departure had finally arrived. Then I opened the first e-mail.

"Tottenham Hotspur have signed Bobby Zamora". I thought FFFFUUUCCCCKKKKK! Why fvcking Spurs? Why fffvvccking c*nt Glenn Hoddle?

Deep down I knew it would be Spurs, as no one else was really interested in Bobby. But my first reaction was anger, out of the 20 clubs in the Premiership, I would've preferred any team over Tottenham. Even Man Ure.

I quietly cursed to myself and gently clinched my fist and punched my desk. I had to be discreet as everyone around would've thought I'm nuts and no one understands my support for the Albion. I needed to talk to someone about this, but obviously the people at the office were of no use. Then I picked up my mobile phone and sent a text to a Geordie mate. He thought it would've been good if Newcastle had signed him...

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
On holiday in the Algarve with the good lady, picked up a copy of the Sun, saw BobbyZ and Glenn Hoddle grinning together and just thought oh bollox :(

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
On a plane to Seville, I didnt find out for 4 days till I picked up a paper at the airport on my way home to see Bobby in a Spurs shirt! :censored:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I had been out to the cinema and driving back had talk sport on and they were talking about spurs hot new young striker, it wasn't until I got home and looked on teletext that I realised it was bloody zamora.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just walking up to the bar in the Bull at Newick when I got a text from a mate.

Ordered an extra pint immediately, then texted back BOLLOCKS!

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
Had been out pubbing all night, got home about 2:00 am in a complete drunken state, for some reason turned on my computer, up popped NSC with about 20 threads all about Bobby leaving.

I just sat and stared at the threads trying to take it all in. Then I passed out.

I felt extra shit the next morning. :nono:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
on a computer course, got a text off my mate and could'nt believe it...especially as I was surrounded by chelsea/west ham/leeds fans :glare:

Beefy

Jul 5, 2003
bed
Playing tennis at Hove Park,getting ready to serve when I got a text saying "Zamora has been sold to Spurs".

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Got back from work to a text from a mate who told me about it. Thought it was a wind up at first. Then looked at NSC to discover the horrible truth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here