Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where was Vicente?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Boring predictable slagging off of Vicente. We took a worthwhile risk on signing him on a free transfer but it hasn't worked out to date. It's not his fault that he's been injured all season. What's the point of slating him every week.

Now that Turienzo fella, he was a flop.
Top posting there, Fran Sandaza-lookalike.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Something's not right here. But this myth that he's earning 15k - 20k needs to be nipped in the bud. I'm pretty sure it's nowhere near his wage (if he does indeed have a wage - who's to say he's not on pay as you play type deal?). And I think a repetable poster on here said something about he's def not top earning player?! Makes people slag him off quicker (without knowing anything) when they think he's on 20k a wk!
Its not a myth ....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
How much do you get for 20 mins play each game because apparently thats all he want to play if he's fit

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
designall.dll.jpg

We really should get some of these made. They'd become cult T-Shirts like "Johnny Crumplin football genius"!

It is amazing ... the guy is on the bench for the Bristol C game, but then disappears again without any comment from the club. Maybe it's a "The Prisoner" kind of thing ... should we give him the "Number Six" shirt?

I'm off to Portmerion to look for him.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
We really should get some of these made. They'd become cult T-Shirts like "Johnny Crumplin football genius"!

It is amazing ... the guy is on the bench for the Bristol C game, but then disappears again without any comment from the club. Maybe it's a "The Prisoner" kind of thing ... should we give him the "Number Six" shirt?

I'm off to Portmerion to look for him.

He was only on the bench because no one else was available he was never going to play,if signing Vicente was a mistake by Gus we have to take it on the chin.The man who never made a mistake never made anything.We are lucky to have lord Poyet as our manager, trust in Gus

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
He was only on the bench because no one else was available he was never going to play,if signing Vicente was a mistake by Gus we have to take it on the chin.The man who never made a mistake never made anything.We are lucky to have lord Poyet as our manager, trust in Gus

he was never a mistake, he was awesome against liverpool................

come on son, sort yourself out and get back on that pitch where you belong.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Brighton have a wage cap !
I'm pretty sure he is not on £15k-£20k a week !!!
Where in arses name did you get that figure from ?????

Lush

Mods' Pet
Quote from when he was at Valencia:

"I’m very low animically. I’ve lost all confidence in the medical staff, that's it. I’ve been defending them for the last two years, but I don’t see any of this situation improving, when I’m still not recovered from one injury I get worse, or suffer from another one. They give me an injection and then I can’t move myself for a week because of the pain. On top of this, then they tell me maybe my injury doesn’t exist, and it is psychological. It's very hard, I can’t stand it any longer. I’ve lost all confidence in the doctor, but I don’t want to be bad to anyone, but the person who loses the most is me, because I can neither play football nor help my teammates. I only ask to play twenty minutes in one go. That is the worst part about it all, to know that when I have the opportunity to play with good health, things turn out well for me, and I play well, I can help the team," he concluded.

Let's forget about how much he is or isn't earning. This is Vicente we're talking about here. This quote is interesting and sounds as if he's psychologically fragile as well as physically fragile. There are many examples of illness being 'all in the mind' but nonetheless very real to the person going through it. A minor example is when you know you've got a bad day at work coming up, or an exam, and you feel physically sick.

Perhaps he (and we) hoped that a complete change of environment would help, and we were prepared to take the risk knowing the incredible 'match-winning' things he's capable of, particularly as we don't bombard a goal with crosses, but rely on one or two 'special' things happening in a game to win. I hope he gets his head sorted and I think we should support him while he does.

Let's forget about how much he is or isn't earning. This is Vicente we're talking about here. This quote is interesting and sounds as if he's psychologically fragile as well as physically fragile. There are many examples of illness being 'all in the mind' but nonetheless very real to the person going through it. A minor example is when you know you've got a bad day at work coming up, or an exam, and you feel physically sick.

Perhaps he (and we) hoped that a complete change of environment would help, and we were prepared to take the risk knowing the incredible 'match-winning' things he's capable of, particularly as we don't bombard a goal with crosses, but rely on one or two 'special' things happening in a game to win. I hope he gets his head sorted and I think we should support him while he does.

This.

The guy is shere class and absolutely worth the gamble. What if he scores the winning goal in the play off final at Wembley and that's his only contribution for the rest of the season?!

Just look at Robbie Reinelt ffs and he bagged himself hero status and a banner in the hall of fame!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Can we do a where's Vicente book similar to Where's Wally ? To be honest I don't give a flying one. As far as I am concerned he is not a BHAFC player. And if he gets off his arse and plays a couple of games I couldn't care less.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I heard he was definitely going to start on Saturday, but then woke up with a slightly itchy left earlobe. So is probably out for another 3-4 weeks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here