Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where to live - you decide

Blue&WhiteSea

Jul 5, 2003
Sutton
I am currently working in Westminster and my girlfriend has just been offerred a job in Slough.

We are trying to decide where to move to.

She would like to be able to drive for less than 45mins and I would prefer not to have to use tubes and can stretch to around an hour traveling time.

Any ideas/recommendations?

Have been looking around Windsor, Staines kind of way.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Parts of Ealing are nice, look on the outskirts of Brentford, sort of Chiswick or Hanwell.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm sorry, but there is perfectly good public transport to both those places. Why limit yourself ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Blue&WhiteSea said:
Depends what day it is!

Just don't want to have to use one every day if I can avoid it.

I've used it every day for 14 odd years, whats the problem ?

Blue&WhiteSea

Jul 5, 2003
Sutton
clapham_gull said:
I've used it every day for 14 odd years, whats the problem ?

I currently commute from Portslade and have a fairly relaxing, stress free journey to Victoria and would like to get something as close to that as possible.

I enjoy my sleeping, reading and generally uncrowded not to mention airconditioned ride to work.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Blue&WhiteSea said:
I enjoy my sleeping, reading and generally uncrowded not to mention airconditioned ride to work.
You really shouldn't read when driving, and sleeping is just irresponsible.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Blue&WhiteSea said:
I currently commute from Portslade and have a fairly relaxing, stress free journey to Victoria and would like to get something as close to that as possible.

Welcome to the real world then
Blue&WhiteSea said:

Welcome to the real world then :)

I get a seat every morning on the tube and work in the centre of London.

Claham Junction ? - 10 mins to Victoria.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
clapham_gull said:
Welcome to the real world then

Welcome to the real world then :)

I get a seat every morning on the tube and work in the centre of London.

Claham Junction ? - 10 mins to Victoria.

9 actually, I get Victoria line every day from Victoria to Kings Cross - tube has less people now so nearly always get on first one available.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Beach Hut said:
9 actually, I get Victoria line every day from Victoria to Kings Cross - tube has less people now so nearly always get on first one available.

I think thats just the Victoria line which I get every morning. Always get a seat.

I been getting the Northern line recently to help my girlfriend to work and its much worse.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
clapham_gull said:
I think thats just the Victoria line which I get every morning. Always get a seat.

I been getting the Northern line recently to help my girlfriend to work and its much worse.

Seat normally at Oxford Circus

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here