Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

where to live in brighton?

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
me and the mrs are thinking of moving down to brighton. This is predominantly motivated by my obsession with the seagulls! although the wench does like the town as well.

Neither of us know the area particularly well and are wondering where the best places to live are. We're looking for somewhere trendy, safe and reasonably cheap... money wise up to 200k - for a 3 bed flat/terrace would be great

So would appreciate it if you guys could come up with suggestions of areas and the reason why.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Whitehawk is cool. Named after a white bird, doncha know.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Shoreham by Sea :clap2: :clap2:

Falmer is quite nice. Hang on a few months though and see what happens to house prices there ;)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
We moved to Newhaven at the end of March. It's only 25 mins out of Brighton, nice countryside and near the sea.

Prices are starting to rise as people cannot afford Brighton prices anymore.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
saltdean is the place to be!

2 parks.

2 swimming pools

a lovely beach!

2 sets of shops

a school

what else could u want!?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Saltdean is pricey.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yorkie said:
Saltdean is pricey.

But a great place, my formative years spent in the Spanish Lady - happy days

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Seriously I'd avoid Central Brighton and Kemptown (unless you are happy living in a predominantly Gay Community).

Either way West or East is affordable but do you need to be near a station to commute ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Fiveways area of Brighton is the dogs - few pikeys/relatively crime free, downhill all the way into town(but a long pissed stagger uphill home), easy access to the A27, great parks and grassland nearby.

As a Seafordian by birth I can say with authority - whatever you do, don't do Newhaven.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Cheeky Monkey said:
Fiveways area of Brighton is the dogs - few pikeys/relatively crime free, downhill all the way into town(but a long pissed stagger uphill home), easy access to the A27, great parks and grassland nearby.

As a Seafordian by birth I can say with authority - whatever you do, don't do Newhaven.

I like it.

Compared to Huddersfield & Yorkshire it is so peaceful, neat and tidy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here