Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

where is steve gritt now?

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
yet again the cockmeister BG speaks.
i didn't realise SG was in on the conspiracy to stop your grand plans for the cement works and keep you poor(along with archer stanley bullshitti and dick knight)(why else would you post such crap)
you truely are a stupid old fool and a good advert for compulsory euthenasia

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
All I know is he says nice things about me and how I run the Albion on FM2007 :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
northstandnorth said:
yet again the cockmeister BG speaks.
i didn't realise SG was in on the conspiracy to stop your grand plans for the cement works and keep you poor(along with archer stanley bullshitti and dick knight)(why else would you post such crap)
you truely are a stupid old fool and a good advert for compulsory euthenasia

What a prat you are!!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I almost signed him as assistant boss on FM but he was 300k so i got Alan Cork instead :jester:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Steve Gritt took over after the home defeat to DARLINGTON ON 1st March 1997 we had 11 games still to play of which we won 5 Drew 3 and lost 3 so we only won 41% of our games had he been such a good manager and we had won one of the others i.e Leyton Orient which we drew 4 - 4 we would never have entered the match with Hereford in such a tight situation. We lost away to Hull Chester and Scunthorpe all we needed was a draw from one of our defeats or a win from one of the draws not that unachievable, I would not have thought.

So yes he did save us eventually but had he been better he wouldnt have needed to.

Last edited:

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
he took over a demoralised squad in a club at total war with it's fanbase.he was treated as an archer goon by myself and most fans.he won us over and dragged the club out terminal decline.
he kept us in the league overturning a twelve point defecit and gave DK a club worth saving from your clutches/fantasy stadium

BensGrandad said:
Steve Gritt took over after the home defeat to DARLINGTON ON 1st March 1997 we had 11 games still to play of which we won 5 Drew 3 and lost 3 so we only won 41% of our games had he been such a good manager and we had won one of the others i.e Leyton Orient which we drew 4 - 4 we would never have entered the match with Hereford in such a tight situation. We lost away to Hull Chester and Scunthorpe all we needed was a draw from one of our defeats or a win from one of the draws not that unachievable, I would not have thought.

So yes he did save us eventually but had he been better he wouldnt have needed to.

5 wins out of 11 = winning the lottery as far as we were concerned.

The more you say on the subject the deeper you dig.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
BG could you not consider a signature to your posts.something along the lines of MLK's "i had a dream"about how you were foiled in your plan to build a stadium/retail/office/leisure/food outlet/housing complex(about the same size as the marina) at the cement works and how you would be VERY RICH if only that nasty dick knight hadn't foiled your master plan.
that way people can treat your posts with the contempt they deserve

it's a wonderfull thing the search facility.if you modify the criteria just a little bit you can filter the search facility to sift posts.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
BensGrandad said:

I think you will find he became manager just before the home game with Hull on
14th Dec 1996.
His record was - played 26 , won 10 , lost 10 , drew 6 .
Surely someone with your contacts should have known when Steve Gritt was appointed?
And WTF does that last line of your post mean?

Last edited:

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
BensGrandad said:

This is utter horseshit. He took over much earlier than this as someone else has said.

Have you not wondered what might have happened had he not taken over? Form definately improved. Who else do you think we could have persuaded to become manager when we were 11 points adrift at the bottom?

That has to be one of the daftest things ever posted on NSC; and lets face it, there's plenty of competition!!

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
the man is a bitter and twisted old fool who has a grudge against DK because he wanted to take over the albion and build the fantasy complex i posted of above.it has been posted by others that i trust that archer laughed him out of his office.and he posted how he would have become VERY RICH on the back of it.
he threatened me with his solicitors untill i reminded him that HE had posted the above and that his comments were available for all to read

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
BensGrandad said:

I very rarely resort to bad language, but you really are a complete TOSSER of the highest order.

"He saved us eventually but if he had been better he wouldn't have needed to"

What the f*** are you talking about!!

We were 12 points adrift, going out of the League and out of business and he turned it round.

He and the players he had kept us up. DICKHEAD.

BTW, regarding Beeding Cement works, whatever you mey say HDC would NEVER, EVER, have allowed the Albion to build a Stadium there, whatever you may say.

FACT

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Gritt_S-06.jpg

Altho he's a definite leg end, he does look a little CAMP doesnt he..?

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
He performed a miracle in 96-97. We should never forget that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
sams dad said:
I think you will find he became manager just before the home game with Hull on
14th Dec 1996.
His record was - played 26 , won 10 , lost 10 , drew 6 .
Surely someone with your contacts should have known when Steve Gritt was appointed?
And WTF does that last line of your post mean?

My apologies to all as I misread the results booklet and got the wrong game against Darlington which was on 1st Mar 97. Sams Dad is correct with his break down of SG record.

This has nothing to do with my likes or otherwise of DK it is just that northstandnorth is so petty minded and lacking in knowledge that he hs to keep bringing up about Beeding etc. To clear the air what I actually did was complain to the mods about one particular statement that northstandnorth posted on here about me which was untrue and offensive. I asked the mods to remove it otherwise I would seek legal advice. The remark was withdrawn by the mods so there was no further problem but northstandnorth seems to think that it is good to keep repeating himself like a parrot.

The point of my posting here today is that unlike many I do not class Steve Gritt as a legend because I do not think that he was a good manager and certainly not to be classed as a legend as season 97/98 was to show. He managed to keep us up following a run of mediocre results, which, if , as I said had been better would have saved the anguish of Hereford. 40% wins.

To my mind the legends of this club on the playing side are the likes of Eric Gill, Norman Gall, Steve Foster, Gary Nelson,Peter O'Sullivan, Bobby Zamora, people who either played for us for a long time or gave great service in another way. Kerry Mayo is approaching that. On the management side SG does not compare with the likes of Billy Lane (our first ever promotion) Alan Mullery (promotion to the 1st Div) Barry Lloyd (Play off to get in 1st Division) Brian Horton ( exceptional player captain and started the rebuilding at Gillingham) and of course Micky Adams.

For what they did as chairmen Mike Bamber and Dick Knight would be jusified in being classed as legends.

Lets now forget Beeding and what might or might not have been it is water under the bridge.

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
BensGrandad said:

The point of my posting here today is that unlike many I do not class Steve Gritt as a legend because I do not think that he was a good manager and certainly not to be classed as a legend as season 97/98 was to show. He managed to keep us up following a run of mediocre results, which, if , as I said had been better would have saved the anguish of Hereford. 40% wins.

You do realise that you sound like a complete idiot.

I am sure we would have all liked Steve Gritt to take us through the remainder of the season when he took over without losing a game.

Given the fact that we had picked up just 13 points before he took over including a run of just 2 out of a possible 33, the fact he kept us up is nothing short of a miracle. He managed to pick up 36 points out of a possible 72, if we'd shown that sort of form before he took over we would have been on the edge of the play offs.

You go on about 40% wins, we had 3 wins before he took over a rate of about 13%. So under Gritt we were over twice as good infact near enough 3 times better. Add in the fact we scored twice as many goals with him as manager and let in near enough half as many and everyone can see yet again you are talking out of your backside.

Gritt kept us up by somehow installing a belief in a team that until he took over were a laughing stock. How many other managers are ever likely to keep a side in the football league when so many things are going against them. Don't forget we also had 2 points deducted that season and that long looked like it would be enough to send us down, how gutted must the players have felt knowing that with those two points added going into the final 2 games of the season they wouldn't have been the rank outsiders to stay up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here