Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
If you believe TB will allow this to drag on to the end of the window you have seen what has happened previously under TB. There will be a point in time where Brighton will state that he isn't for sale at any price. Chelsea will be aware of this. We haven't sold any of our main players on the last day since TB has owned the club. The office will be shut and light off.

It wouldn't surprise me that we have put a date on bids some time this week. For sure his camp will know the score, if he so needs to move it's his agent who needs to act and get Chelsea to up their bid by a marked amount.

And it needn’t be anything to do with impatience or churlishness either. There’s always the quite legitimate point that if a key player is to leave, we need enough time to source and negotiate a replacement. You can’t do that on the last day of the window, or even the last week or two if you want to do things properly.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I’m guessing there weren’t many (any) experienced negotiators in the room if the advice was to fold now. Thank f*** we have Tony and Paul acting for us and not your pals from last night.
Little bit patronising as you don't know who was in that room last night and what their life experiences are.

Its an opinion, we all been round the Albion and life in general long enough to be allowed to form one.

But never mind this is NSC of course ;)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Little bit patronising as you don't know who was in that room last night and what their life experiences are.

Its an opinion, we all been round the Albion and life in general long enough to be allowed to form one.

Were any of them people with top flight PL experience?

We all have opinions about the Albion though, even those of us with nothing more than enthusiasm or despair :lolol:

I thought Ali J and DJ Locadia would come good and that getting MA back was a fecking disaster waiting to happen. One in three ain’t bad :smile:

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Caicedo was a notable absentee from the PL Media Access day today, where all players get shot in full kit by a photographer ahead of the new season.

Could be an indication that a deal is close and the club don’t expect him to be around for much longer.
Media day is today! Which one did Moises miss?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
For context, they didn't have anyone in the 4 or 25 shirts last season either: https://www.90min.com/posts/chelsea...23-squad-numbers-including-sterling-koulibaly

Edit: Badiashile took the 4 when he joined, but this season has switched to 5, which he wore at AS Monaco: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/benoit-badiashile/rueckennummern/spieler/463603 (Jorghino was in 5 last season, until he moved to Arsenal)
Nobody is asking for any this context stuff you speak of.

We're all far more interested believing media stories and forming concrete judgements based on them.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

While I agree it comes over as patronising to you, we can have an opinion but let's be honest even those who pretend to be itk don't have a diddly what's going on.

You only have to read some of the posts on here regarding, tickets, travel or even light shows to realise how some are hardly capable of finding out anything for themselves let alone form an educated opinion on a subject.

For instance just wait for moaning and groaning on Saturday when one of our players receives treatment on the pitch and goes off, and isn't allowed back on straight away.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
While I agree it comes over as patronising to you, we can have an opinion but let's be honest even those who pretend to be itk don't have a diddly what's going on.

You only have to read some of the posts on here regarding, tickets, travel or even light shows to realise how some are hardly capable of finding out anything for themselves let alone form an educated opinion on a subject.

For instance just wait for moaning and groaning on Saturday when one of our players receives treatment on the pitch and goes off, and isn't allowed back on straight away.
Sorry for jumping in, but @Lenny Rider wasn't suggesting those he were with are ITK in any way, did he?

I took it as merely saying a group of Albion fans think the circus has gone on long enough, and it might be better for squad harmony and season preparations if the disruption was out the way.

I'm sure there are some on here who feel that way also.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Sorry for jumping in, but @Lenny Rider wasn't suggesting those he were with are ITK in any way, did he?

I took it as merely saying a group of Albion fans think the circus has gone on long enough, and it might be better for squad harmony and season preparations if the disruption was out the way.

And I wasn't suggesting he was itk either, I was relating it to others. Sorry if it came over as that.

boik

We're nowhere near then end of this saga though. He was pushing more in Jan, sure, but we've still got 3 weeks of Caicedo behaving like a brat until the end of the window. I expect his antics will only increase.

In all seriousness, as good as he is, can we really afford to accommodate a player who goes on strike every transfer window and is "unavailable" for selection for 3-4 weeks of the season?
Behaving like a brat eh? And what has he actually done? Not what are know nothing GUESSING that he MIGHT have done. What has he ACTUALLY done. Poor boys getting slaughtered on here based on the square root of sod all.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Given we've had Cucu unhappy, Trossard unhappy, Moises briefly unhappy, Sanchez unhappy, Moises unhappy again, getting rid would at least mean a bit of harmony in the camp for the first time in yonks. Even if it doesn't effect the older players it will the young ones, and must be draining for RDZ.
Until Chelsea decide to start briefing Fab and wankstain Jacobs that Mitoma, Perv, Enciso, Ferguson etc are desperate to join them in the January window of course.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

We simply must stick to our guns on this. Otherwise we’ll be seen as a soft touch in any future player negotiations. Don’t wobble Tony.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
And I wasn't suggesting he was itk either, I was relating it to others. Sorry if it came over as that.
Sorry, yes.

I thought you were suggesting the "need to get rid" crew were pretending to come from a position of being ITK, and I was just saying I didn't think that was the case, it was merely some fans believing it would be best to just get the thing over with.

Which is a perfectly valid opinion to hold. As are others!

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
I did not enjoy the January saga but I was happy that Tony held firm when we got to February.

I am not enjoying the summer saga but I am sure I will be happy that Tony held firm once we get to September. Either because of a ridiculous fee or because we still have Moises. Hoping for the latter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here