Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Given we've had Cucu unhappy, Trossard unhappy, Moises briefly unhappy, Sanchez unhappy, Moises unhappy again, getting rid would at least mean a bit of harmony in the camp for the first time in yonks. Even if it doesn't effect the older players it will the young ones, and must be draining for RDZ.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
An unhappy player causing disruption in the camp.

Looking at your post history Greg you’ve clearly been round the block a few times Albion wise, however good he is, if he’s not happy or committed that’s counterproductive surely?
Sorry but he was pushing far more in Jan then settled down to get us to Europe. There's some big players in our squad that have been there and done it, the likes of Milner and Lallana will help him no end.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Naylor has said the Rice fee is seen as the benchmark so guess he fits with the know nothings too
When you look at Rice, all you see is a nice tidy player, but one that is slightly anonymous for both club and country. Well that's all I see anyway. If Rice fee is seen as the benchmark then Caicedo comfortably exceeds that benchmark shirley?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Had the privilege of speaking at Seagulls Over London last night, clearly the demographic in the room was on average well over 50 something long time Albion fans but the consensus of opinion was it was time to get rid, even if it meant just getting under the alleged asking price.

I don't like that at all.

We need to set the price at one which the club/Tony is happy to transfer the player out at. It is as simple as that. I personally don't care or presume to be able to set a value on any player - it is just the price that the club is happy with ( knowing way more about the overall picture than me ).

If the club is happy, I'm happy.

I don't agree that the club should sell for a fee it isn't happy with just to reward any stroppy player's agent induced bad behaviour.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Looking at your post history Greg you’ve clearly been round the block a few times Albion wise, however good he is, if he’s not happy or committed that’s counterproductive surely?
Ah right, so basing their opinions from social media, SSN and the like. We don't actually KNOW what the situation is – or whether he is happy/unhappy or committed or not committed.

He (apparently) threw his toys out of the pram in January, then signed a new contract and subsequently helped the club to Europa League qualification. If he IS frustrated, maybe he should be so at Chelsea, who seemingly aren't willing to stump up the required cash for him and therefore don't rate him as highly as he might like.

I get where you're coming from but, at the end of the day, he's at the Albion to do a job. So he should do it. It's not like he has a terrible life right now, is it?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Had the privilege of speaking at Seagulls Over London last night, clearly the demographic in the room was on average well over 50 something long time Albion fans but the consensus of opinion was it was time to get rid, even if it meant just getting under the alleged asking price.

Interesting. Worth a poll on here. I reckon we should keep. It will all be forgotten soon. If it was city or a proper club I would probably feel the opposite but it makes me sick to think we would give chelscum a cut price deal.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Sorry but he was pushing far more in Jan then settled down to get us to Europe. There's some big players in our squad that have been there and done it, the likes of Milner and Lallana will help him no end.
We're nowhere near then end of this saga though. He was pushing more in Jan, sure, but we've still got 3 weeks of Caicedo behaving like a brat until the end of the window. I expect his antics will only increase.

In all seriousness, as good as he is, can we really afford to accommodate a player who goes on strike every transfer window and is "unavailable" for selection for 3-4 weeks of the season?

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
The problem is at the moment every payment, bonus or incentive/loyalty bonus has to be declared in a players contract in detail. A simple caveat will not cover things. The Premier League, would be on us. This is a universal rule across football no matter what league or country a player appears in.

From the FA website

https://www.thefa.com/-/media/files/thefaportal/governance-docs/financial-regulation/paye-and-semi-pro-final-feb-2013.ashx#:~:text=In accordance with FA Rules,bonuses and signing on fees.

“In accordance with FA Rules all salaried amounts due to a contract player must be recorded in the player's contract gross (before tax) and be subject to PAYE and NI. This includes weekly wages, performance bonuses (win, points, goals scored, share of prize money etc), loyalty bonuses and signing on fees.”

A few seasons Accrington Stanley were investigated as the owner would buy the players McDonald’s if they won. This wasn’t declared as a win bonus in the players contract so he was asked to explain his actions.

If they get their knickers in a twist over players getting a Big Mac when it’s not in their contracts you can guarantee they’d be pretty pissed off if we decided to pay a player a massive one off loyalty bonus that wasn’t in written into their contract.
It's not worth arguing over but just to clarify, I'm not suggesting any sort of illegal payment or anything underhand or concealed from the authorities. Under normal commercial law, surely anyone's contract can be varied or appended or terminated at any time with the agreement of all parties. But it's not a hill to die on so I will retreat.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003

We have absolutely zero proof that is what is happening. If he wanted the move that much why hasn't he put in a transfer request? The club have been very quick to move on players that were causing trouble, and all noises coming out of the camp has been how hard he's been working in training etc. All noise otherwise is coming from clickbait merchants.

I'm Team Tony here either Chelsea or anyone else pay what we think he's worth or he's staying a Brighton player. No compromise.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
In all seriousness, as good as he is, can we really afford to accommodate a player who goes on strike every transfer window and is "unavailable" for selection for 3-4 weeks of the season?
If you offered me a good midfielder with a guarantee that they'd only be unavailable for one reason or another for 4 weeks over a whole season, I'd take that straight away.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Who has EVER said it’s £100m? Mail, Fab, TS, Jacobs… all fuckwits and know nothings.
I think it was because someone at Brighton, can't remember who, said that the Rice deal had changed the financial landscape after the £70m Arsenal bid in Jan. This was wrongly interpreted as "we would let him go for the same sort of price."

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I see Chelsea have announced their shirt numbers today and have left Caicedo's No. 25 Albion number free, ditto Tyler Adams Leeds No. 4.

They've underbid on Moises all summer and now they're unsettling him by dangling his shirt number. What a bunch of c**ts.
For context, they didn't have anyone in the 4 or 25 shirts last season either: https://www.90min.com/posts/chelsea...23-squad-numbers-including-sterling-koulibaly

Edit: Badiashile took the 4 when he joined, but this season has switched to 5, which he wore at AS Monaco: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/benoit-badiashile/rueckennummern/spieler/463603 (Jorghino was in 5 last season, until he moved to Arsenal)

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

I’m guessing there weren’t many (any) experienced negotiators in the room if the advice was to fold now. Thank f*** we have Tony and Paul acting for us and not your pals from last night.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We're nowhere near then end of this saga though. He was pushing more in Jan, sure, but we've still got 3 weeks of Caicedo behaving like a brat until the end of the window. I expect his antics will only increase.

If you believe TB will allow this to drag on to the end of the window you have seen what has happened previously under TB. There will be a point in time where Brighton will state that he isn't for sale at any price. Chelsea will be aware of this. We haven't sold any of our main players on the last day since TB has owned the club. The office will be shut and light off.

It wouldn't surprise me that we have put a date on bids some time this week. For sure his camp will know the score, if he so needs to move it's his agent who needs to act and get Chelsea to up their bid by a marked amount.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here