Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Wish the window closed before the start of the season. This whole affair is boring the living shit out of me.

Totally agree this is really how it should be. So disruptive. Shame that when they tried it, it simply didn’t work. In fact, could be disastrous for us now we’ve got great players everyone’s interested in. Would leave Albion wide open to them moving to Europe and not being able to sign replacements.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003

We really need to save our boy from that club.
Couldn't agree more. Why don't they just cut out the middle man and buy replica trophies for their cabinet if that's all they want? Amazon do a nice Premier League replica for just £50. Might be cheaper for them in the long run!

The FFP thing is still a joke. £8.5m for their last indiscretion, and probably a similar wet penalty again this time. Why even have FFP at all if clubs like Chelsea can just bend the rules and pay the fines.

Proper penalties should be points deductions and relegation. Fines are meaningless.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Which would be like me going into Tesco and haggling on 4 pints of milk priced at £1.55, eventually paying the £1.55 and then laughing at the cashier.
Or even more likely - ending up paying £1.70 - then still laughing at the cashier.

(whilst the cashier just sits there with a knowing smirk....)

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Couldn't agree more. Why don't they just cut out the middle man and buy replica trophies for their cabinet if that's all they want? Amazon do a nice Premier League replica for just £50. Might be cheaper for them in the long run!

The FFP thing is still a joke. £8.5m for their last indiscretion, and probably a similar wet penalty again this time. Why even have FFP at all if clubs like Chelsea can just bend the rules and pay the fines.

Proper penalties should be points deductions and relegation. Fines are meaningless.
This ^

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
I get the distinct impression that this has turned into a battle between our Tony and their Todd. The player, his agents have become the side show as the Chelsea man is desperate to get one over Tony and feel like a winner after a succession of humiliating transactions between the two. Lesson # 1: never take on a habitual winner as there are only so many "bloody noses" a man can take. Pay up or piss off.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Chelsea are getting investigated for transactions made during the Abramovich era which could result in fines and points deductions. Maybe they will end up bottom half of the table again.

Just like everyone thought with Manchester City?

I won't hold my breath!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What's actually going to happen with these clubs? Unless they're relegated it's pretty meaningless and even then the damage is done and they've had their ill-gotten success.
Some clever person mentioned the other day that they seem to be planning to singe up loads of players, put them on long contracts, then suck up a 6 month or 1 year embargo, rinse and repeat. What a miserable way to run a club. I can't see the players shaking off the disinterest they showed last season. Poch wanted to trim the squad so he won't be happy. And he lost the Spuds dressing room before he was dispatched. What a delightful mess of a club.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Anyone think that Fab Rom meant that to look like (at least to Cheksea fans seething with anger at Brighton's cruel treatment of poor Moises) it's PBOBE who is confirming that Moises wants to leave?
No, I think it's just him being desperate for attention and mistakenly thinking he can help push the deal through.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Anyone think that Fab Rom meant that to look like (at least to Cheksea fans seething with anger at Brighton's cruel treatment of poor Moises) it's PBOBE who is confirming that Moises wants to leave?
Yes. I commented similar earlier in the thread. Post 4221.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Totally agree this is really how it should be. So disruptive. Shame that when they tried it, it simply didn’t work. In fact, could be disastrous for us now we’ve got great players everyone’s interested in. Would leave Albion wide open to them moving to Europe and not being able to sign replacements.
I’m not so sure. Tony says they can’t leave after the English window closes and they don’t leave.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
I get the distinct impression that this has turned into a battle between our Tony and their Todd. The player, his agents have become the side show as the Chelsea man is desperate to get one over Tony and feel like a winner after a succession of humiliating transactions between the two. Lesson # 1: never take on a habitual winner as there are only so many "bloody noses" a man can take. Pay up or piss off.
I think that's the social media narrative. In reality I bet it is just normal for them and it's not like a childish thing that people seem to assume. People like to make things up for hits on the internet. I wouldn't listen to any of it as it's clearly made up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here