Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Can someone explain why Chelsea are not putting in another bid yet? I get the plan is for moises to throw his toys out. We all predicted this. But why is the time so long between bids. What am I missing ?
Because they think the longer he leaves it, the more likely Albion are to decide it’s not worth the hassle and will sell up. Shit position to put the player in. May also be waiting to see whether we get someone in, assuming we’ll then accept a lower bid just to get shot.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
The one thing that none of us know, was the payment structure of any offer.

We keep hearing Brighton instantly rejected 80m (and are holding out for more) seems to be the added conclusion.

But speculating, but could it also be, that the figure broadly speaking, isn't that far off but the amount up front could be the issue with Chelseas love of long contracts for amortisation.

If Chelsea say we'll give you 80m over 6 years with only say, 20M up front. ofc Bloom says on your bike, but it's reported as "Brighton reject 80m offer".

If TB was offered the whole 80m cash and a sell on clause?
There was s tweet from yes i know Fib Ronano a few weeks ago saying that the fee was agreed at £80 + £5, the only thing thst was holding up thep transfer was how the structure of the payments were going to be.

A few days later there was a tweet not sure who it was but basically comfirmed what fib had said, but the added that due to the lenght of the payment terms Tony Bloom said that on those term the total would be in excess of £100m.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Chelsea are getting investigated for transactions made during the Abramovich era which could result in fines and points deductions. Maybe they will end up bottom half of the table again.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Chelsea are getting investigated for transactions made during the Abramovich era which could result in fines and points deductions. Maybe they will end up bottom half of the table again.

We can but live in hope.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
We can but live in hope.
It might seem churlish of me to say so, considering how City and other big clubs have thus far managed to shirk or diminish FFP / financial affair related punishments, but if the powers that be decided to make an example of Chelsea this season for things the new owners had absolutely f*** all to do with....I think I'd find it to be the funniest thing to happen on planet earth since this:

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
It might seem churlish of me to say so, considering how City and other big clubs have thus far managed to shirk or diminish FFP / financial affair related punishments, but if the powers that be decided to make an example of Chelsea this season for things the new owners had absolutely f*** all to do with....I think I'd find it to be the funniest thing to happen on planet earth since this:

Normal protocol is to do due diligence before buying and to include warranties against vendor for shit that was or should have been uncovered. I think we can assume that FFP was not at the top of the Boehly camp's thinking, and warranties are worthless. Caveat emptor.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

There's so mcuh to like about this video, like why are Reading fans antagonising already-promoted Burnley fans on the basis that they believe that they've just earned a one-in-four chance of the same acheivement? The best bit however is the aaaaarggggghhhhhh that starts quietly on around 1:53 and grows into it's full crescendo about 6-7 seconds later. It's easily my favourite football-related aaaaargggggghhhhhh on YouTube.

If it does happen to Chelsea, then tough shit. Whilst it wasn't the current owners, they should've been fully aware of this risk during due dilligence and chose to take it on anyway.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Wish the window closed before the start of the season. This whole affair is boring the living shit out of me.
We tried that a few seasons ago. The Premier League window closed before the season started, however none of the other leagues followed suit. It was abandoned after 1 season as clubs felt it put them at a disadvantage compared to clubs from other countries.

The easiest way to avoid being bored by the whole affair is to totally ignore it. It's all pantomime and at the moment nothing more than background noise. The only people worth listening to are the club. Our stance remains the same we haven't had a bid that matches our valuation and until we do Moises will remain a Brighton player. Everything else on social media is posturing by clickbait merchants.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I see Chelsea have announced their shirt numbers today and have left Caicedo's No. 25 Albion number free, ditto Tyler Adams Leeds No. 4.

They've underbid on Moises all summer and now they're unsettling him by dangling his shirt number. What a bunch of c**ts.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Because they think the longer he leaves it, the more likely Albion are to decide it’s not worth the hassle and will sell up. Shit position to put the player in. May also be waiting to see whether we get someone in, assuming we’ll then accept a lower bid just to get shot.
Nah I don't buy it. They've seen how we operate for years, we never back down on a top asset. And they surely know that, having all our old staff.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The minimum would be a transfer ban.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here