Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Must be exasperating dealing with footballers and their agents every day.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
It's infuriating. I've been told we need to add in an extra level in between 'Consultant' and 'Senior Consultant' in my recruitment company, because someone coming in young and fresh getting promoted 3 times in 2 years isn't enough apparently. They need 'more to aim at' or they'll get de-motivated. It's f***ing insane. I honestly don't know how these people are going to survive in the real world.
Maybe Consultant, Entitled Gen-Z Twat, then Senior Consultant?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Right…..what a weird response. Was only jossing, but if you wanna go down that road then fine…You do realise that I am a BHA fan, season ticket since 2008, not some JCL or Chelsea plastic, I’m only 30yo, so do the maths and I started going when most young lads do, no matter what the years. No need to start telling me you are some better fan. Thought you were better than that.

Anyway, f*** off Caicedo, don’t want players like you at my club. Not what we are about.
If you had been civil you would have got a civil response. You are old enough to know that from what you say.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
The situation is in danger of turning into something of a circus for Albion. The player clearly doesn't want to be at the club, Bloom has allegedly given his word the lad can leave, Chelsea have offered a more than reasonable amount, and yet still the club are dragging this out to a very painful conclusion. This farce is all on the Brighton board. Nobody else to blame.

One thing is for sure, this will alert every single promising young player and their respective agent on how Bloom intends to operate moving forward. In future, Bloom might find he's having significantly more difficultly in enticing wunderkinder to the South Coast, given the choice, in light of how Moises Caicedo has been treated. He's playing poker with Brighton's future for the sake of ~£20m and it's a dangerous game. A very dangerous game indeed.
Is this a serious post? It is full of presumption, entitlement and speculation; it's also completely graceless! Must be Chelsea then.

I think this person is the Chelsea FC equivalent of Lord Haw-Haw.....

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
"Hi Tony ok you win here's the 100 million"

"Hi Todd sorry not for sale now, please replace your handset and try again later"

Calling The Blacklist GIF by NBC

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I’m wondering if this whole Caicedo saga will turn into Arsenal Part 2 drama, as in “he’s not for sale” rinse and repeat. Moises doth protest. Moises told to wobble his head, stay away, come back with brain in gear at the end of the transfer window. Moises then will be sat down and given a good talking to about his responsibilities and his value to the club. Moises will be advised to bin off his agent (maybe). Moises will come on as a sub on 2nd of September against Newcastle and play a blinder. All is well until January 2024 - then a case of here we go again.
That was my take as well.

Although I would be fairly shocked if chelsea don't hit the number. Maybe with a week or so of transfer window to go.

Caicedo almost certainly will not be playing for us until September whatever happens.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

Although I would be fairly shocked if chelsea don't hit the number. Maybe with a week or so of transfer window to go.

Caicedo almost certainly will not be playing for us until September whatever happens.
You might be right, you could be wrong. Either way it is merely speculation and I do think we have had quite enough of that about Caicedo. At the moment he's our player, just as Colwill was Chelsea's player so Chelsea called the shots on him; all the rest is down to Tony Bloom and the management team.........

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

This is where I believe Brighton will give Chelsea an ultimatum. A deadline on bids and if they are unable to do so he will not be sold. Bloom will not allow this to go to anywhere near the Transfer Deadline Day.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is where I believe Brighton will give Chelsea an ultimatum. A deadline on bids and if they are unable to do so he will not be sold. Bloom will not allow this to go to anywhere near the Transfer Deadline Day.
Imagine if that were the case and Chelsea offered full asking price as is on deadline day. The Caicedo toy throwing would be pretty bloody spectacular

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
They've had long enough to stump up the dosh. Give them until midday Thursday (this week), align with all parties and be transparent as possible. We are not blocking the deal, just come up with the goods by the deadline so we can enact our succession plan and prepare for the season ahead. After the deadline we will not be taking offers until July 2024.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Imagine if that was the case and Chelsea offered full asking price as is on deadline day. The Caicedo toy throwing would be pretty bloody spectacular
Not really as they don't know the full asking price, only TB PBOBE know.

I'd also add the deadline would be known by his agents therefore they would need to engage with Chelsea to drive the deal forwards knowing that it was the last chance of the move. It's a fair way to deal with it, all parties fully aware.

If Chelsea fail to deliver the bid then he will know they weren't serious and don't rate him as much as us.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

I was thinking the same. Will we miss him if he goes? yes big time. Can we cope without him in August, I expect so.

I am inclined to be generous towards Caceido as I was to Sanchez. The current spin is that he is frustrated with our club, which is rightly irritating a lot of people here.

What I suspect is that like the rest of us, he is frustrated about this dragging on and wants to see things get sorted out either way, so he can focus again on his football. This is NOT an unreasonable position and is not the same as the Chelsea interpretation through the media and their fans.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
They've had long enough to stump up the dosh. Give them until midday Thursday (this week), align with all parties and be transparent as possible. We are not blocking the deal, just come up with the goods by the deadline so we can enact our succession plan and prepare for the season ahead. After the deadline we will not be taking offers until July 2024.
Really hope we do this (like Ajax have with us). I seem to remember we pretty much did this in Jan.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
As sceptical Chelsea fans seem to constantly assert when undermining the price tag, Caicedo has had ONE outstanding season. If the player feels that is sufficient for him to absolutely demand a big money move, I would strongly disagree. What the Chelsea supporters simply will not accept is that the money BHA is demanding is not a transfer fee as such! We DO NOT want to sell and the exorbitant amount demanded is COMPENSATION for a player we do not wish to lose!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I just don't understand the seeming desperation from Moises. There is a very high chance he will have better offers in 6-12 months time.

Chelsea is an absolute basket case of a club that very frequently damages young careers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here