Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’ve always fancied us as being a bit classier than all those other clubs. I fancy our transfer window being a sash window.

FffffffffTHUD.
Mmmmm....I think ours is more like this.

1689783010316.png

Heart and Soul

Jul 7, 2023
Uncomfortable with giving the lad any shit really.
The guy is from a quite poor country. As a 13 or 14 year old he was working as a street sweeper in Ecuador. Now he's in a very different world and just seemingly trying to pick up information and skill from any source willing to give it to him - Potter and De Zerbi of course, and his team mates, but also all these nutty agents and other people trying to use him.

Easy to get the impression "he's a horrible person who only gives a shit about money and is trying to push himself out of the club" but then you see him in videos or read interviews and you realise he's just a young lad trying to do what he is told and everyone is telling him different things. "Oh, I don't know, God will find a way for me" seems to be his manner rather than "f*** Brighton, I want big fat cash in Chelsea".

If he ends up staying, I think he'll just be who he has been so far. He'd accept a move, he would probably even like making a bit more cash and playing in a fancier club, but I truly believe that mainly he just wants to play football and grow as a footballer.

Got a bit angry with Cucurella, Maupay and some others pushing a move but I just can't find it in me to dislike this young man.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’ve always fancied us as being a bit classier than all those other clubs. I fancy our transfer window being a sash window.

FffffffffTHUD.
Hoping one of the sashes breaks and it comes down early :smile:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The guy is from a quite poor country. As a 13 or 14 year old he was working as a street sweeper in Ecuador. Now he's in a very different world and just seemingly trying to pick up information and skill from any source willing to give it to him - Potter and De Zerbi of course, and his team mates, but also all these nutty agents and other people trying to use him.

Easy to get the impression "he's a horrible person who only gives a shit about money and is trying to push himself out of the club" but then you see him in videos or read interviews and you realise he's just a young lad trying to do what he is told and everyone is telling him different things. "Oh, I don't know, God will find a way for me" seems to be his manner rather than "f*** Brighton, I want big fat cash in Chelsea".

If he ends up staying, I think he'll just be who he has been so far. He'd accept a move, he would probably even like making a bit more cash and playing in a fancier club, but I truly believe that mainly he just wants to play football and grow as a footballer.

Got a bit angry with Cucurella, Maupay and some others pushing a move but I just can't find it in me to dislike this young man.
I like him and was very impressed with how he knuckled down after his January disappointment. It would take some serious toy throwing from him for me to wish him anything but a very successful career when he leaves. I will have a sad face when he plays against us though I don’t expect to ever boo him.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023

He seems to have good qualities. Hardworking, humble, and on the pitch at least, very intelligent and decisive. My worry is that he’s probably quite impressionable. This worked in our favour when RDZ persuaded him to stay but could work the other way if his 'advisors' get in his ear.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023

FffffffffTHUD.
This has got me thinking. Does each club have their own window or is there one official window at the fa (solid gold with all diamonds and that)?. And do new signings have to ceremonially climb through the window before it slams shut (FINGERS!)?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
SSN reporting Mitrovic has told relatives he will never play for Fulham again after they valued him at £52m. I think the suggestion is he wants to move and thinks that such a value will put people off. (I suppose it's possible he's insulted by what he views as a low value, but suspect wanting away from Fulham is more likely).

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
SSN reporting Mitrovic has told relatives he will never play for Fulham again after they valued him at £52m. I think the suggestion is he wants to move and thinks that such a value will put people off. (I suppose it's possible he's insulted by what he views as a low value, but suspect wanting away from Fulham is more likely).
What a shame. He'd fit in well in the Saudi league, well Saudi generally. Nasty bastard.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Naylor in the Athletic reaffirms that the club value Caicedo at 100m. No suggestion that we're even looking to go lower.

He also suggests that the club strongly believe that Colwill wants to join us and doesn't rule out that we might end up signing two left sided centre backs. We're not keen on a second loan for him but it's not ruled out.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Naylor in the Athletic reaffirms that the club value Caicedo at 100m. No suggestion that we're even looking to go lower.

He also suggests that the club strongly believe that Colwill wants to join us and doesn't rule out that we might end up signing two left sided centre backs. We're not keen on a second loan for him but it's not ruled out.

Colwill wanting to join has been concrete since the tail end of last season.

I don't know if the subsequent interest from Liverpool and Spurs may influence that. Very possibly not - he seems to be a level-headed young man who wants to get his head down, play as many games as he can to help him further learn his trade, with the big club options will be there for him later on, by which time he will be a guaranteed starter.

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
Colwill wanting to join has been concrete since the tail end of last season.

I don't know if the subsequent interest from Liverpool and Spurs may influence that. Very possibly not - he seems to be a level-headed young man who wants to get his head down, play as many games as he can to help him further learn his trade, with the big club options will be there for him later on, by which time he will be a guaranteed starter.
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't their Fofana ACL injury mean Colwill to us in dead and buried?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here