Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Why? As far as I can tell we have no reason to sell him, if the price is £100m it’s £100m.
Yeah this.

We need a squad to compete in a minimum of 46 games next season.
We will be better if Caicedo plays in a high number of them.

Any club that wants to convince us otherwise ,needs to pay up now, or wait and see, if we are open to offers next season.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Jacobs is a prick. Romano, whatever you think about him, is actually very good at doing what he does. Jacobs is just a bellend.
Jacobs is a mouthpiece for Chelsea and is obviously in bed with Caicedo’s amateur agents. not Romano is SO much better than that, he does seem to blindly favour Chelsea outcomes above journalist integrity in the way that twunt Jacobs does.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Rice has the English tax fee, no way we will get £100mil for Moises after 1 good season with us just because Rice went for that.

Yes Moises is a better player but Rice has been over hyped for multiple seasons now, is English and won a European trophy last season.

If we can get a part ex with Colwill great but I can't see that happening, therefore I think we just need to meet Chelsea in the middle somewhere and accept a fee over £70mill but under £100mill.
What's the English tax fee?

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Why? As far as I can tell we have no reason to sell him, if the price is £100m it’s £100m.

Because we don't want a player who doesn't want to be here, sulking and his levels potentially dropping.

We obviously told him last season, look we let will you go next season just keep up the performances.

As great as player he is (the best player I've ever seen at the Albion, in a position that can go unnoticed), he's had 1 standout season, asking for £100mil is A LOT of money.

IMO for a player we paid around £4mil? for, who is unsettled it's best to get this situation sorted before the season starts. So if we can get £80mill say, it's not a bad return on £4mil for one standout season.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Romano and Jacobs are hilarious.

They behave like they have some sort of insider knowledge, and people fall for it all the time.

I'm also amused by all these reports that state that Chelsea have agreed personal terms with Caicedo. As I understand it, it's illegal to approach a player that is under contract to another club unless they are in the last few months of their contract, so I assume that's all made up as well.

I'm sure Tony would welcome the cash, but it's clear that we don't need the cash and if Moises is happy to stay or go, then really, unless Chelsea pay what TB wants, then this is all ridiculous.

It may be that a fee has already been agreed and the deal will be done in the USA with the player unveiled there. I could see the marketing advantages of that happening there and with Colwill being unveiled as an Albion player. Of course this is all in my imagination, which is much the same as Romano and Jacobs.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Because we don't want a player who doesn't want to be here, sulking and his levels potentially dropping.

We obviously told him last season, look we let will you go next season just keep up the performances.

As great as player he is (the best player I've ever seen at the Albion, in a position that can go unnoticed), he's had 1 standout season, asking for £100mil is A LOT of money.

IMO for a player we paid around £4mil? for, who is unsettled it's best to get this situation sorted before the season starts. So if we can get £80mill say, it's not a bad return on £4mil for one standout season.
Who said he's unsettled? No reliable reports to suggest that he is.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

They behave like they have some sort of insider knowledge, and people fall for it all the time.

I'm also amused by all these reports that state that Chelsea have agreed personal terms with Caicedo. As I understand it, it's illegal to approach a player that is under contract to another club unless they are in the last few months of their contract, so I assume that's all made up as well.

I'm sure Tony would welcome the cash, but it's clear that we don't need the cash and if Moises is happy to stay or go, then really, unless Chelsea pay what TB wants, then this is all ridiculous.

It may be that a fee has already been agreed and the deal will be done in the USA with the player unveiled there. I could see the marketing advantages of that happening there and with Colwill being unveiled as an Albion player. Of course this is all in my imagination, which is much the same as Romano and Jacobs
It's not illegal for a club to say to an agent A) would your client come and B) would £xxx in wages be enough. Happens all the time. I mean it is, supposedly. But it seems a very grey area where it is commonplace to be done informally. Even by us.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Who said he's unsettled? No reliable reports to suggest that he is.
I fully expect him to be currently slightly unsettled, rising to super unsettled the longer it goes on. I imagine he's put in a bumper order to Amazon for an array of toys that can be projected from his pram should the need arise.

He doesn't want to be here. He does want to be at Chelsea. And he'll want it to be sorted out ASAP.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The statement he/his agent put out last season for starters.
That's been proven to be stirring by his agent, not Moises. Sierra has tried to promote moves to Arsenal, last season, and Liverpool and Chelsea. His job is to stir the pot, and he got his fingers burned last time.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
1) deal could have been done by now had Chelsea been willing to sell colwill which they so far aren’t.
2)deal could have been done by now had Chelsea reached our valuation

From all of this it seems like Chelsea are delaying or being awkward much more than us.

As it stands I see Moises leaving and colwill staying put at Chelsea. We will be the losers in this hence why we are holding out for such a large sum.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's not illegal for a club to say to an agent A) would your client come and B) would £xxx in wages be enough. Happens all the time.
It's also not inconceivable that we've told him to go and find a club that want him, make sure he can agree personal terms and, when that's done, we'll then work on sorting out a deal with that club.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

It may be that a fee has already been agreed and the deal will be done in the USA with the player unveiled there. I could see the marketing advantages of that happening there and with Colwill being unveiled as an Albion player. Of course this is all in my imagination, which is much the same as Romano and Jacobs.
I don't think their stuff is made up, especially romano. He talks to the agents and the agents feed him this sh1t.

As for asking a players team if the said player would join if paid x......everyone does it including us. Makes sense to sound out a player before wasting time trying to buy.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
It's also not inconceivable that we've told him to go and find a club that want him, make sure he can agree personal terms and, when that's done, we'll then work on sorting out a deal with that club.
Absolutely. And I think we'd encourage that. We are clearly trying to get our business done earlier now we have more power in the transfer market.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
English players always go for more than they are worth, compared to none English players. See Rice, Maguire and City signing Kalvin Philips. One reason for it being they are classed as homegrown.

If Moises was English he would had probably been sold for over £100mill already.
Fair enough, those players you list do seem to have gone for sums way in excess of their ability.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here