Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Rumours circulating today that Caicedo will stay 1 more season. Hope this is true. Couldn't bear it to see him go to such a crap disorganised outfit as Chelsea.
Perhaps that was the deal when he signed? We let Mac Allister go to the club of his dreams for half price, we'll do the same for you - but you're only 21, he was 24, so the deal won't come in until the end of one more season?

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
So funny that this Chelsea nob insists Rice is better than Caicedo.

We already know he's not a proper football fan. A plastic like all but the 8,000 who used to go to "the bridge" for Premiership matches in the 90s. But now he wants to prove it with his clueless opinion on Caicedo.

Fun facts: Caicedo walks into ANY team in the world. He's literally one of the best midfielders in the world. Rice is merely good, and his fee is explained by his passport. I reckon fans of actual real big clubs who actually go would probably know this.
For sure, and incredible that he's been in the first team for less than a season and a half. Let that sink in. Guy who we paid £4m for, and only got put in the team because of injuries/suspensions is in 18 months worth around £100m. Incredible, and bellends going on about pricing ourselves out of a deal, like we're desperate to sell the best defensive midfielder in the PL, when we've qualified for Europe for the first time in our history.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Not sure if it is the quite before a storm, but I am getting increasingly hopeful that my original thought that Moises is staying put is going to come true. It would make sense, get a massive pay increase and stay with the club for another year playing great football and Europe. Chelsea will get their shit together but still not in Europe next year, plus he is surrounded by fellow Spanish speakers. Another year with us would help rather than hinder his future.

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Think this is the week this happens (or not) one way or the other. I see the usual gimps are ramping up their rubbish now.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Also, ignoring the fact that Tchouameni was over 85 million including add-ons.
That deal is not done yet is it ?

But it's interesting that arsenal are going for tch. Who is a similar player to caciedo and costing similar. Maybe the £100 Milly price tag is not a bluff after all?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Why would the £100 million be a bluff?
If we are going to compare any transfer (and I'm not sure you can) then the obvious one is Enzo Fernandez.
Don't forget Fernandez was signed as the new DM for Chelsea. Chelsea now see fit to add another DM to help him out. He played half a seasonish for Benfica and has less experience over all. Obviously he won the World Cup, but I'm not sure that adds any real value to a player.
So the team who want Moises paid 100 million for a less experienced player who plays in the same position, just six months ago. That's your benchmark.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

But it's interesting that arsenal are going for tch. Who is a similar player to caciedo and costing similar. Maybe the £100 Milly price tag is not a bluff after all?

That was the fee when he joined Real Madrid

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

Jacobs is referring to Tchouameni's transfer to Real Madrid.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why would the £100 million be a bluff?
If we are going to compare any transfer (and I'm not sure you can) then the obvious one is Enzo Fernandez.
Don't forget Fernandez was signed as the new DM for Chelsea. Chelsea now see fit to add another DM to help him out. He played half a seasonish for Benfica and has less experience over all. Obviously he won the World Cup, but I'm not sure that adds any real value to a player.
So the team who want Moises paid 100 million for a less experienced player who plays in the same position, just six months ago. That's your benchmark.
This was before Chelsea brought in a World Class recruitment team who will no doubt run rings around TB and PB though :wink:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It’s been widely reported TB values Caciedo at £100m+ and adamant he’s a better player than Rice. I have to agree watching Rice live I really didn’t notice him on the pitch against us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here