Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It’s been widely reported TB values Caciedo at £100m+ and adamant he’s a better player than Rice. I have to agree watching Rice live I really didn’t notice him on the pitch against us.
Yer but if you've watched him for England he is quality. Although seems to be a tad overrated.

I read somewhere that rice is this generations Gareth Barry and that did cause a chuckle

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Why would the £100 million be a bluff?
If we are going to compare any transfer (and I'm not sure you can) then the obvious one is Enzo Fernandez.
Don't forget Fernandez was signed as the new DM for Chelsea. Chelsea now see fit to add another DM to help him out. He played half a seasonish for Benfica and has less experience over all. Obviously he won the World Cup, but I'm not sure that adds any real value to a player.
So the team who want Moises paid 100 million for a less experienced player who plays in the same position, just six months ago. That's your benchmark.
January tax though. 85 plus add ons feels about right. Would be slightly shocked if Chelsea can't / won't get up to that number.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
January tax though. 85 plus add ons feels about right. Would be slightly shocked if Chelsea can't / won't get up to that number.
I won't be shocked at all. After Chelsea spunked so much money on players they have now decided that they will play hardball with transfers. Just one little thing to remember here peeps. Tony Bloom! Try and hard ball our Tony and you won't be buying the player.

My preference would be Colwill and the rest in cash and all of it up front.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
But where do we get these figures from? Why is 80-85 about right? I still don't understand the logic in this. The two big DM transfers of the last sixish months have been EF and the soon to be completed Rice. If both of those are over 100 how is Moises not worth that?

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Still feel fully resigned to Moises going elsewhere, I knew this would drag though, where I was hoping it wouldn't. Small possibility that he'll still be with us come the start of the season, but think he'll go just before the window closes and suspect it'll still be Chelsea. In my mind he's gone already, and if by some small miracle he ends up staying, I'll expect him to go in January.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
But where do we get these figures from? Why is 80-85 about right? I still don't understand the logic in this. The two big DM transfers of the last sixish months have been EF and the soon to be completed Rice. If both of those are over 100 how is Moises not worth that?
Enzo had the January tax

Rice is English and has been doing it at international and club level for years.

Without the Albion tinted glasses, caciedo has only been on the scene a season and if you're being ultra critical never really stands out for equador. He was fairly anonymous at the world cup.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Perhaps that was the deal when he signed? We let Mac Allister go to the club of his dreams for half price, we'll do the same for you - but you're only 21, he was 24, so the deal won't come in until the end of one more season?
That would be insane. The reason mac went cheap was on the basis of one contract running down and the new one therefore offering a compromise.

Totally different with caceido, long contract already in place. He either stayed on previous wage with club holding out for full value or he signed another with better wages and the club holding out for full value.

Why on earth give him away for one extra season? Can't see that at all

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Jacobs being the Chelsea mouthpiece surprisingly forgets the £100m spent on Enzo Fernandez, if he wants benchmarks.

Amazing that outside the club and Albion fanbase the notion that we don’t have / want to sell so it’s going to cost a premium remains lost

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
....and another WC winning midfielder went for £35/£55M...........

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
There's a strange contradiction here some times. On the one hand everyone says Bloom is the hardest negotiator, wouldn't let anyone go for cheap etc on the other people seem to think we will just sell Moises for the first decent bid that comes in. We've already sold one of our key players at a cut price deal, which we all understand the reasons for, but why would we then sell arguably our best player for less than market value? That makes no sense to me. Moises signed a contract just a few months ago, his agent has stated there is no Mac style release clause, so the only pressure we have to sell is this Romano et al generated noise that we have promised we will sell him. There's actually been as much online noise saying Bloom wants at least 100.
If we sold Moises for 80, that would be 115 for our two best CMs which Chelsea paid almost that for the vastly inferior EF. Ultimately none of it matters as we all place far too much importance on fees- Bloom and Barber can pay what they want and accept what they want for players- but the idea we will just let Chelsea have him at a knock down price because we are nice chaps just doesn't compute.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Twitter 'Bloom values Caicedo at £120m'
NSC 'Tony is driving a hard bargain there'

Twitter 'Chelsea think £70m + 10m will do it'
NSC 'Tony doesn't put valuations on players'

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I think those that believe Caicedo will stay are going to be disappointed.

I think those that want us to pocket £100m (or more) are going to be disappointed.

Believer 1. He should stay. It’s the correct (1year/short term) footballing decision. When huge money is involved, footballing decisions and the actions of interested ‘advisors’ are rarely the prime motivator.

Believer 2. We do not know the (adapted) Albion strategy as we prepare for our maiden voyage into good European football. So whatever our exec team do (led by poker-playing, data-analytical-monster, multi-billionaire, train-traveling, beer-swilling super fan chairman) any potential Caicedo-leaving outcome will not have disappointment as the overriding emotion.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I think those that believe Caicedo will stay are going to be disappointed.

I think those that want us to pocket £100m (or more) are going to be disappointed.
80-85
Hope it gets done asap tbh

I'm expecting 60m to be the final figure that gets unofficially published
Naylor confirming still no contact from Chelsea. I wonder what they are waiting on ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
80-85
Naylor confirming still no contact from Chelsea. I wonder what they are waiting on ?
Bit of a nonsense though - bit like nothing agreed for MacAllister when he moved 2 days later. Or no fee agreed with Chelsea for Cucurella, complete with Brighton statement - for him to then move 24 hours later 🤷🏻‍♂️

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Bit of a nonsense though - bit like nothing agreed for MacAllister when he moved 2 days later. Or no fee agreed with Chelsea for Cucurella, complete with Brighton statement - for him to then move 24 hours later 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yes but no talks at all? What's the hold up in even making contact?

What do Chelsea have to gain from delaying this any further

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I’m surprised Chelsea are anywhere near another Brighton player after last season’s disasters. If we kept spunking money with one particular club we would be like FFS not again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here