Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I don't often post here just read, but very disappointed in him, didn't show any class in January, unlike MacAllister's departure. So change from the best run club in the country and in the Europa League to a shambles of a club not even in Europe. Sit on the bench perhaps and pick up your big salary. Well enjoy that greener grass.
It’s easy to forget he’s a very young man, from a working class family in a very different culture. I don’t think his new agents will be getting any Christmas cards from the club though!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
If Moises goes to Chelsea because of the “project” he’s a complete and utter moron. The project which so far seems to consist of Todd Boehly throwing money at Paul Winstanley to buy any player that fits his algorithm because he used to work for Bloom. There’s no direction in the transfers and there’s no plan, it’s spend spend spend. Paul Winstanley was the bloke who brought us Gross and Propper. But he also was the bloke that brought us, Locadia, Jahanbasksh, Elvis Manu, Ales Mateju, Sofyan Annanach, Schelotto and Henrik Bjordal. The person who worked on all our South American transfers is still with the club thankfully.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
If Moises goes to Chelsea because of the “project” he’s a complete and utter moron. The project which so far seems to consist of Todd Boehly throwing money at Paul Winstanley to buy any player that fits his algorithm because he used to work for Bloom. There’s no direction in the transfers and there’s no plan, it’s spend spend spend. Paul Winstanley was the bloke who brought us Gross and Propper. But he also was the bloke that brought us, Locadia, Jahanbasksh, Elvis Manu, Ales Mateju, Sofyan Annanach, Schelotto and Henrik Bjordal. The person who worked on all our South American transfers is still with the club thankfully.
Hey, I liked Schelotto, he was fun!

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
The Guardian and Telegraph both recently reported that Colwill’s going nowhere. I predicted that throughout.

For that reason alone, I’d love to screw their arrogant world with Caicedo going elsewhere.
I'd hope that we extract the maximum cash for caceido. If that means chelsea without prising colwill from them so be it.

As annoying as it is you can't throw millions away through spite. Chelsea splash the cash, exploit that as best we can.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
If Caicedo goes that becomes our highest priority for the offseason to find a replacement of similar quality.

Our midfield is significantly weakened at present and I can see us shipping a lot more goals if we don't find that big defensive midfielder that breaks up play and harasses the opposition from start to finish.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Modern football never ceases to amaze me!
One of the top midfielders in the world.
But if it’s true, his agents are negotiating a transfer from an up and coming club playing exciting football and in the Europa League, to a club who just finished in the bottom half of the new First Division.

In the old days it would be like say, Billy Bremner in his prime moving from League winning Leeds to Coventry City

A downward and backward step in all regards and it would have been unthinkable.

But these days, there is one major difference

Agents and wages

There were always huge transfer fees (relative to mere mortals like us), but players didn’t take downward steps football wise. They wanted to advance their careers.

This will be a backward football step for the player but at least his agents will get their huge payday.
And he will get his huge pay rise

Sad really.

Reactions: abc

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
We're not going to find another Moises, he's a once-in-a-generation kinda player. What we'll do instead is find someone "good enough" - either already within the club's ranks or brought in from elsewhere - and adjust our style of play a little to account for it. I'm not sure how exactly, that's why I don't work in football - but I have every confidence that Bloom and Barber will take care of the first part and De Zerbi the second.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If Caicedo does genuinely '100%' believe he's leaving then this is going to be a very messy saga with a huge amount of noise around it.

I hope we absolutely rinse the f***ing pricks for all they've got.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
This ‘project’ bollocks really makes me cringe just call it for what it is Moises you are negotiating £200k a week at Chelsea so are going for the money. There is no other reason to join Chelsea at this time who are frankly a mess of a club and will struggle again next season.

SteveU

May 31, 2022
I really hope we can hang on to him for at least another season.

But….. Chelsea will be a far better side next season, they won’t be languishing in mid table, unfortunately.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Is anyone else personally a bit miffed at Moises wanting Chelsea? I could understand Arsenal, but Chelsea?!
Nope, it's not as though he's got any loyalty to Chelsea is it, or has ever harboured any great desire to wear their 'famous' blue shirt, it's just a business deal to him. In the same way that Ali Mac to Liverpool and any hyperbole from his camp about what an honour etc. is all bollocks, it's just them playing the game until he can get his dream move to Barca or Real.

I appreciate that I fly against the grain on North Bank Stand Chat on this one, but I'm just happy Caicedo isn't going to Arsenal. Anywhere else works for me, and this Chelsea deal could work out great for us by the sound of it, as gutted as I'll be to lose Moises.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Few thoughts

1) Chelsea had a rough season last season. But they do have a good squad and now have a very good manager. They could catch up with arsenal very quickly, especially with players like caciedo.

2) 90% of people on this board would leave the company they work for if offered triple the salary. Loyalty my arse.

3) You can't compare the conduct of maccer with caciedo. Maccer was rubbish for the first year , average for the second. No clubs were interested in buying. As soon as he got half decent he buggered off at the first offer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here