Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
if anything with this one aside from Romano playing his word juggling game on repeat and Chelsea fans lapping it up and calling us a small club there seems little noise. those you'd take a bit more seriously seem consistent in the idea that ourselves and Chelsea remain some way apart
You mean the Chelsea fans of the last two decades.
Before that, one league title in about 100 years ( and that was with the lowest points total ever recorded ) They were known as the Music Hall Club. The odd trophy here or there. Stamford Bridge hosting about 15,000 in the 1980's. Going bust under Ken Bates until a certain Russian fancied a new investment.
They got lucky. Very lucky. And now they feel entitled and will try and lowball TB into parting with MC. It won't happen. We don't owe them anything. It wasn't our fault that they paid over the odds for the Hairy One. They are playing tough with Colwill. Same applies.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
You mean the Chelsea fans of the last two decades.
Before that, one league title in about 100 years ( and that was with the lowest points total ever recorded ) They were known as the Music Hall Club. The odd trophy here or there. Stamford Bridge hosting about 15,000 in the 1980's. Going bust under Ken Bates until a certain Russian fancied a new investment.
They got lucky. Very lucky. And now they feel entitled and will try and lowball TB into parting with MC. It won't happen. We don't owe them anything. It wasn't our fault that they paid over the odds for the Hairy One. They are playing tough with Colwill. Same applies.
indeed I think it's a sad state of affairs that the most vocal of those wouldn't know Stamford bridge from anywhere else. I would guess they loved the European super League idea

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Not a great sign that he's joing up from equador. Surely we must be setting a deadline with Chelsea. This could fook the start of our season

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Is there a claws in his contract to let him go cheap ? Like bizarre Mac fee.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Seemingly permanent content on BBC and Sky transfer/gossip pages.
Its a 'soft 'story as the media have decided its just a matter of time and who he goes to.
His agents are keeping the fires stoked with feeds about his dream move ( was Arsenal...now Chelsea....will be someone else soon ) Its becoming tedious and if he genuinely doesn't want to wear our shirt, then lets get rid. He does love our pitch though, spending plenty of time rolling about on it, screaming, thumping it with his hands, before leaping to his feet to rejoin the action.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Superb player but £100m for someone who’s played a few dozen prem games would be amazing money. Very much a fee for what he could become than what he is now…will he get second season syndrome ? That would be the buyer’s gamble.
chelsea losing Kante and mount means they are likely to want him and are in a weak position to lowball us and risk losing the player. Liverpool lurking in the shadows is good insurance for us When it comes to fee.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Has Estupinan come back, or is he the same?
I did wonder as Estupinan hasn’t been in any galleries either that I saw - which is a bit odd

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
As much as I'd like to see him remain with us for 1 more season, IF he was to go then I'd like to see it happen quickly, to give us sufficient time to find a replacement. Don't want him going on the eve of the window closing and not having time to bring somebody else in.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Is there a claws in his contract to let him go cheap ? Like bizarre Mac fee.
MacAllister only had one year left when he signed, so a transfer clause was probably necessary to get the contract extension done. Caicedo, on the other hand, had a deal that ran unitl 2025, so it wouldn't have made much sense for BHA to have allowed a cheap release clause to be inluded when we'd already turned down 70m a month earlier.

Nevertheless, it'd be interesting to know what was in it for Caicedo to pursuade him (and his agent) to put pen to paper and commit to June 2027 (plus one-year option). I imagine it was as simple as being paid a shed load of £££, both in the short-term and for a guaranteed 4.5 years if he was unfortunate enough to suffer a career-hindering injury.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I did wonder as Estupinan hasn’t been in any galleries either that I saw - which is a bit odd
I think it makes sense that these guys don’t fly back to the UK for a week, deal with the jet lag and then fly back out to America and deal with it again. More efficient to just do some fitness work together for the few days they are missing, then fly north and meet up with the players in the states.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here