Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I fully accept that players move on.

But in both January and now, imho Caicedo’s a mouthy twat at times. He’s under contract, he’s been treated well, so show respect. He can declare his faux lifelong passion for Chelsea and the VIP section of London nightclubs once he’s left us.

View attachment 163416

Twice he’s done this now. Mac Allister kept his gob shut until he signed for his new club.
In fairness though in the same interview he praised Brighton, the family feel of the club and how well treated he was. I don’t think he can be blamed for keeping all options open when RDZ gave the definite impression at season end that both Moises and Alexis deserved to play for a bigger club.
Roll on 1 Sep

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In fairness though in the same interview he praised Brighton, the family feel of the club and how well treated he was. I don’t think he can be blamed for keeping all options open when RDZ gave the definite impression at season end that both Moises and Alexis deserved to play for a bigger club.
Roll on 1 Sep
It was apparently a long interview and I think he is quite naive, I’m thinking he was led on the question and just gave an honest answer rather than signalling his desperation to leave for the bright lights. As you say he was also pretty effusive about everything Albion too.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

But in both January and now, imho Caicedo’s a mouthy twat at times. He’s under contract, he’s been treated well, so show respect. He can declare his faux lifelong passion for Chelsea and the VIP section of London nightclubs once he’s left us.

View attachment 163416

Twice he’s done this now. Mac Allister kept his gob shut until he signed for his new club.
I get your point and certainly agree to an extent, but the full interview he speaks well of Brighton, he also more or less said what will be, will be…… God will decide etc…

The interviewer actually pressed him to make the above ‘click bait’ comment, with a f/up more direct question (as I understand it).

Edit - Icy beat me to it.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Like Macca and Liverpool, this is far too 'noisy'. I'll be very surprised if he's still with us after the transfer window closes.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Put on the spot about whether he likes Chelsea, Caicedo said: "It's a big team, that's true. A very historic team and I can't say No, because it's a very big, historic, beautiful team. The city as well is beautiful. It's got everything beautiful."

It’s starting . 100% his Toys will be coming out the pram if the move stalls too long
Edit

The tweet has been deleted. It basically said the interview was 11 minutes long, and the interviewer pressed the question so shouldn't be taken out of context.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Brian Owen has an article about it, but it's under a paywall.

It's an excellent article, Owen also wrote an article yesterday highlighting all the positive things Moises said about the Albion in the very same interview. Be wary of any Fabrizio spin.

It seems to me Moises will be happy with either outcome, if he stays he will not consider himself a prisoner. If he goes that means Chelsea have stopped faffing around and given us what we want.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011

View attachment 163416

Answering an interview question honestly and then one quote from it being misrepresented by others as an attempt to engineer a move is a million miles away from his little orphan Annie Instagram Post in January.

Maybe save your anger for when he actually does something wrong?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

View attachment 163416

bit precious

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Chelsea want to pay in installments over 4 years! We want most of it up front. He'll be travelling with us to America unless compromise can be met🙂🙂
Interesting if true. Is this because of the FFP repercussions? Would be amusing if they basically can't come up with the cash we'd require. One more year please Moises, play in Europe, then join one of the true giants. You know it makes sense :)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Chelsea want to pay in installments over 4 years! We want most of it up front. He'll be travelling with us to America unless compromise can be met🙂🙂
Most transfer payments are spread over longer periods. 4 years for £100M probably isn’t outrageous

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here