Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It’s big business which engages football fans in the summer months and brings listener numbers and viewing numbers to Sky and the likes of TS. The smaller journalists have now took it upon themselves to wage a Twitter war with the likes of FR to prove who is more in the know, all a bit childish tbh.
I know WHY it exists, but it's still a load of old shite.

IMO, like.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Naylor didn't say that there had been no contact, he said that no deal had been agreed.

That, at the time, was probably and most likely accurate. And this is where people get the whole 'he comes out with rubbish' from - because they read what they want to read, and misunderstand what has actually been written. They assume that 'no deal agreed'='No contact' which is very similar to what happened with the club last year.

They said 'no deal agreed with any club for cucurella' - they never said 'we're not ever selling him'.
it was a subtle change in reporting at that point which Chelsea fans struggled with. a week prior he had been saying no contact then the day before it completed he tweeted nothing had been agreed. I think at both points the info he was putting out was correct

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He's not "making shit up". He's blatantly fed info from agents.
Er, I could almost guarantee that some 'experts' make up transfer rumours. Not so much Romano, but other jokers who have 15 followers on Twitter and a MySpace page.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I have an ever growing dislike and disdain for Romano so could you give a bit of background to this saga please?
Looks like he's reacting to them saying he gets paid by agents to put this stuff out there. Unsubstantiated certainly but quite odd to start getting lawyers to throw their weight about for something like that. Therefore, we should probably say there is no proof of those allegations whatsoever. However, there is quite a lot of proof that the guy is a self-obsessed bellend.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Well, obviously. But you were referring to Romano, with 15.8 million followers.
I was referring to all of them.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He certainly gets info, but I’m equally sure that he guesses some stuff. For example, he tweeted 2-3 weeks ago that BHA were ‘preparing’ a bid of 40m for Colwill. This was almost certainly guessing based on us having had 30m rejected. There’s no way BHA are going to be sharing their next move with anyone, let alone him.

How long does it take to prepare a bid anyway? The transfer window has been open a week now, so maybe he guesses wrong.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
They’ll look elsewhere, see that everyone else is also holding them to ransom, and then eventually pay us what we want.

See: Enzo Fernandez
Bloom wants £120m. I simply can't see Chelsea paying that unless it's a player plus cash deal. Its a hands off valuation and we would clearly like to keep him.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Er, I could almost guarantee that some 'experts' make up transfer rumours. Not so much Romano, but other jokers who have 15 followers on Twitter and a MySpace page.

And before that the tabloids, including ‘adored’ Martin Samuel and John Cross. None of the journalistist checking to two sauces etc.

Pre internet I used to be a sucker for the newspaper transfer rumours. It took years to realise that come the end of a window, the Mirror/Scum/Express/Mail/People had got about 99% entirely wrong. Samuel, Cross, Custis, Woolnough were either blatant liars or relaying lies.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bloom wants £120m. I simply can't see Chelsea paying that unless it's a player plus cash deal. Its a hands off valuation and we would clearly like to keep him.
He might like to get £120M, but he won't, whatever people with blue and white tinted spectacles are fantasising about. Chelsea won't (can't) pay that, nor will anybody else. I (and you and everybody else) don't know what was agreed when he was persuaded to sign his new contract. Hopefully it wasn't another Mac Allister type deal!
But surely the agreement would have included some kind of 'won't stand in your way' kind of arrangement - and demanding £120M woiuld be doing exactly that. The Albion are better than that.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
So you think someone with 15 followers has the same sources, publishing strategy and, ultimately, credibility as someone with literally ONE MILLION times as many followers?!

I'm no fan of Romano either, but come on?!
No. No I don't.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Is there any actual evidence that Bloom wants £120m ?

Unless he says so himself I'd file it under 'Tosh'.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Is there any actual evidence that Bloom wants £120m ?

Unless he says so himself I'd file it under 'Tosh'.
No one will have a direct quote from Bloom about how much we want for a player but Naylor has said in The Athletic we want at least £100m. That’s as close to actual evidence anyone is going to get when it comes to asking price for a player.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Looks like he's reacting to them saying he gets paid by agents to put this stuff out there. Unsubstantiated certainly but quite odd to start getting lawyers to throw their weight about for something like that. Therefore, we should probably say there is no proof of those allegations whatsoever. However, there is quite a lot of proof that the guy is a self-obsessed bellend.
Threatening potential legal action because someone on the Internet criticises them for something.

What a bellend. The sign of deep insecurity and inadequacy.

I wonder if he or his people monitor this site?

Reactions: abc

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
made up by agents, made up by him, what does it matter when its still such low signal to noise guff.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Palhinha is a good player but only has 3/4 years left at his peak. Moises hasn't even shown his final form and is a better player.

Less than £100m would be poor business IMO.

Palhinha‘s 28 next month - £90m
Rice 24 - £100m
Caicedo 21 - sky’s the limit

West Ham and Fulham are inadvertently helping TB here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here