Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Take your pick of one of the many mouthpieces his camp have been using to voice his side of the story. I think the club being the good guys have said he is unavailable so protect him from the inevitable backlash from supporters of him downing tools.
So you are accusing Paul Barber of lying. Twice, once on Sunday and again at the Fans Forum, where he also said 1000 things said on the internet with 999 of them untrue.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The guys is thick as sh@t. Not a clue what’s actually going on and clearly badly advised.
I think you're right on both counts. I reckon that a good indicator of intelligence is his level of English for his time here. He's been with us 2.5 years, of which 2 years have been in Brighton, and his English is still really basic. Most players are far better than that after just a season.

As for his agents, they have a dozen or so players on their books, but most of them would struglle to command a 6 figure transfer fee, and Caicedo is basically the goose laying their golden eggs. Their number one priority is getting the biggest agent's fee they can.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It seems quite simple really.

Liverpool are the only ones with an accepted offer.
Caicedo would prefer Chelsea so is wanting to see if they match the acceptable offer to us.
If they don't then he'll get the Liverpool money and join a huge club.

If I was him I'd do the same. I'd want the move regardless due to the huge payday (which we know is a key driver from his January statement about Arsenal). but I may well have a preference (London club, feel for the club for example). It's hardly shocking he may feel a preference for Chelsea if they've been buttering him up for probably 2 months now.

It's only feeling complicated because the story is changing with each bit of info coming out

It's panto and I love it. I just can't get worked up about it when the money involved is so hilarious and I'm here eating leftovers from my budget dinner.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

That smacks of the agents furiously back peddling as they realise that the Romano bluff hasn't worked and the reality of the situation sinks in.

In truth, the statement is meaningless, because if Chelsea match the bid, he will only be able to join Chelsea if that bid is accepted by Brighton. I'd be willing to bet that Brighton, having accepted a bid from Liverpool will not accept a gazumping offer from Chelsea. It's not the way that TB & PB work. They are straight dealers with a reputation to uphold. It's currently Liverpool or nothing and that fact is starting to become clear to agents who will make a fortune out of the deal, but didn't want to kiss goodbye to the larger fortune that they would have made from a Chelsea deal.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
So you are accusing Paul Barber of lying. Twice, once on Sunday and again at the Fans Forum, where he also said 1000 things said on the internet with 999 of them untrue.
Believe what you want to believe I think Paul is protecting the player. Are you suggesting he is not in London on strike and is actually having a hamstring rub down at the training ground?

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023

Already been Tweeted by @dwayne, and I completely agree - this is too far and moronic/outright disrespectful.

Wait a sec... he is also following the Manchester Clubs and Arsenal? Just more attention seeking from Fabrizio :lolol:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
This is all getting a little out of hand. Is Tony Bloom really going to allow Moises to dictate who the club sell to? I'm afraid Moises is beginning to look like a (petulant) player that wants to control Bloom and the club. As a businessman will Tony now allow Caicedo to usurp his decision? If Liverpool concede and Chelsea match or better all terms agreed by Liverpool, maybe, however it is handing the player too much power, whatever his value!

Moises is a human, not just an asset. If he doesn't want to move to Liverpool, he doesn't have to. If your boss sold you to a firm in up north and you didn't fancy it, would you just shrug and go? Especially, if a firm in London were offering you a load more money for the same job.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I imagine this kind of back and forth has been going on for ages in football, but now we have these muppets that leak every twist and turn on social media, and then those who create accounts with the sole purpose to retweet the muppets which make it go even further.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Following Chelsea on instagram :lolol:

His agents really are desperate, my guess is hit agent will be getting $$$ more if he signs for Chelsea, unless it’s for location, there is no footballing reason to sign for Chelsea over Liverpool, much as the scousers annoy me they are and always will be a much bigger club than Chelsea

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Following Chelsea on instagram :lolol:

His agents really are desperate, my guess is hit agent will be getting $$$ more if he signs for Chelsea, unless it’s for location, there is no footballing reason to sign for Chelsea over Liverpool, much as the scousers annoy me they are and always will be a much bigger club than Chelsea
Higher wages and much longer contract at Chelsea.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Sorry but you're incredibly naive. Paul Barber has one job when he speaks to the media/us - protect the club and have the club's best interests in mind.

Him admitting that Moises is desperate to leave, refusing training and has cleared his locker out makes us look weak and makes our ability to reject offers for Moises a lot weaker. Paul is doing his job well, he hasn't been honest with us

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here