Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am now starting to clear my throat to booo Moises if he turns down Liverpool and insists on Chelsea. I think he needs an ultimatum- sign for Liverpool or you are staying at the Albion. THAT should concentrate his and his agent’s minds.

Enough already :wink:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Chelsea would still have to match £111m right? Or we say to Moises it’s staying with us or going to Liverpool? Take it or leave it?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
They won't give up the deal for the sake of 10 mill

They spent months quibbling about 10-15 million. They could have had this done months ago.

Plus we set a deadline so the price now might have gone beyond £111 million.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
They spent months quibbling about 10-15 million. They could have had this done months ago.

Plus we set a deadline so the price now might have gone beyond £111 million.
They fcked up with the quibbling yes.

But they know they will have to match the 111m to get him now (at least 111m)

So there would be no point in continuing to negotiate with him if they weren't willing to match the bid.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

So there would be no point in continuing to negotiate with him if they weren't willing to match the bid.
Perhaps they're negotiating with Caicedo and his agent to make up the difference from their wages/commission!

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Way off the mark no, the majority of those long serving Albion fans, like many others, just wanted the thing to come to an end, even if that meant taking slightly less than a £100 million, it was becoming counter productive and potentially damaging to the start of the campaign, a season where there can be no margin for error with what’s on the horizon.

All power to Tony’s elbow, he’s come through again, they thought Mike Bamber shocked football when he got Cloughie to come to the Goldstone, this has usurped it.

Whilst I’m genuinely surprised that Moises, with his age and experience, has set a new British transfer record, with the £35 million Liverpool previously paid for Alexis, over the two deals both parties will be satisfied, we’ve got £146 million and they’ve got two potentially world class midfielders.

Balance sheet wise, can anyone, even the critics against SOL and myself a couple of days ago, say that in the space of two months Moises is £76 million better than Alexis?

Crazy times.
I don't think that's accurate. I have been a fan since 1965 and friends that I know who have made the same journey for a similar length of time have all agreed that we needed to resist the Boehly bullying tactics for as long as possible and as robustly as we could.

Those long term supporters did not 'just want the thing to end' if it made us seem to be humbled by toxic Chelsea.

How did you come to 'the majority' conclusion?

No one wanted the saga to drag on for as long as it did; but to cave in to Chelsea would have been a big psychological hit for a lot of fans and I am really pleased we can enjoy the fact that the right people were making the decisions without bending to pressure from Chelsea and from people within the Albion family. Time for us all to celebrate!

Last edited:

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Chelsea ain't giving up... Looks like we could make some more money and Moises could get his move

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003

But matching the bid might not be enough. Tony Bloom isn't a guy to be messed around with. He set a deadline only Liverpool met our valuation before that deadline expired. He could turn around and tell Moises and his agents it's either the Liverpool deal or you'll be here till next Summer, or he could tell Chelsea that £111 million is no longer the acceptable amount as that expired at midnight and they'll need to go higher. One thing is certain he won't allow Caicedo, his agents or Chelsea football club to hold us to ransom to force through their preferred deal.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
112. Do I hear 112?

113. To the idiot with the chequebook. 113. Do I hear 114?

114 in the red. 115?

115? 115. That’s 115. Do I hear 116…

And so on and so forth. This has gone from being profoundly annoying to wildly entertaining in a single day.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Thats not going to go down well with Liverpool fans even if he does end up going there. Burning bridges early isn't a good look, this deal could die as quickly as it came to life.
Grudgingly joining Liverpool for a British record transfer fee? He should be sat to a beaming Jurgen Klopp at a press conference with a big smile on his face. Is he really going to Liverpool now?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Moises ‘advisors’ need to have a word with themselves. This whole mess can’t be good for him

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
112. Do I hear 112?

113. To the idiot with the chequebook. 113. Do I hear 114?

114 in the red. 115?

115? 115. That’s 115. Do I hear 116…

And so on and so forth. This has gone from being profoundly annoying to wildly entertaining in a single day.
1691752435836.png

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Moises might be thinking of higher wages at Chelsea but those are imaginary wages if Chelsea don’t have an accepted bid… So over to you Chelsea…. £112m?

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Funnily enough a short while ago I saw a Merc with PB plates heading towards the Amex (the driver may or may not have been wearing a mustard jumper) - think it's gonna be a long day for him and the rest of the club!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here