Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
IMG_3296.jpeg

IMG_3297.jpeg

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I doubt that Caicedo had any say in it whatsoever. He clearly thought he was going to Chelsea. It is now up to him to decide whether personal terms with Liverpool are good enough for him or else he stays with us until January and we have to go through this farce all over again.
Moises, you can play for Liverpool in the European Cup alongside your mate Alexis. You'll also be playing for a club that values you highly and hasn't tried to play silly buggers.

Or, you can play for us or Chelsea.

Personally, I've heard nothing from Moises top say that he thought he was going to Chelsea. I've heard a lot of people putting words in his mouth.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Moises, you can play for Liverpool in the European Cup alongside your mate Alexis. You'll also be playing for a club that values you highly and hasn't tried to play silly buggers.

Or, you can play for us or Chelsea.

Personally, I've heard nothing from Moises top say that he thought he was going to Chelsea. I've heard a lot of people putting words in his mouth.
Given he’s spent the last 5 days in London and Chelsea have been after him for months it’s not hard to work out he probably expected he would be going to Chelsea, Liverpool 2 days ago were 10/1 shots to sign him.

Also people forget players might prefer teams for location, in London he’d be near many of his mates from here and London clubs - in Liverpool he might not have many connections and it’s 4 hours from London, all things a young bloke will consider, there is a life outside of football.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Ok ok lighten up. I take issue with your second sentence, esp the word “clearly”.
Let’s enjoy it. It’s what football fans do before things are absolute.
I am light. Just pointing out that this isn't done and dusted yet and he isn't sitting in London waiting for a move to Liverpool is he, so it is pretty clear to me he was expecting to move to Chelsea on pre-agreed personal terms.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I am light. Just pointing out that this isn't done and dusted yet and he isn't sitting in London waiting for a move to Liverpool is he, so it is pretty clear to me he was expecting to move to Chelsea on pre-agreed personal terms.
You ain’t heavy. From what is coming out, TB held an auction last night, Liverpool won. Surely, we won’t be accepting any more bids from Chelsea. I assume Bohely had agree to pay Moises’ agents 10%-25% of the final fee too, it’s hardly surprising that his agents are absolutely distraught, they just lost a fortune. If Caicedo has anything upstairs, he’ll choose Liverpool and get it done asap.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
You ain’t heavy. From what is coming out, TB held an auction last night, Liverpool won. Surely, we won’t be accepting any more bids from Chelsea. I assume Bohely had agree to pay Moises’ agents 10%-25% of the final fee too, it’s hardly surprising that his agents are absolutely distraught, they just lost a fortune. If Caicedo has anything upstairs, he’ll choose Liverpool and get it done asap.
If Moises turns down Liverpool then we will sell to Chelsea.

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
If Moises turns down Liverpool then we will sell to Chelsea.
I’m not so sure. Chelsea won’t likely match liverpools offer. So if he turns down Liverpool, I expect he will stay (Yes. I’m still clinging) because now TB can say he’s worth £111m. But I honestly can’t see him turning Liverpool down if it’s them or us.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I’m not so sure. Chelsea won’t likely match liverpools offer. So if he turns down Liverpool, I expect he will stay (Yes. I’m still clinging) because now TB can say he’s worth £111m. But I honestly can’t see him turning Liverpool down if it’s them or us.
10m is nothing to Chelsea ..... certain they would match. There's no way they will miss out over 10m

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Looks as if Liverpool conducted this transfer in a quietly professional manner. Compare to Boehly who clearly thinks he’s the big dog in any situation. Came here and totally altered the transfer landscape by paying over the odds on pretty much every initial signing. Then decides he’d go the opposite way and lowball all offers in the arrogant assumption that selling teams would relent to his superior business/negotiating skills..only to get bent over yet again by TB et al. Under Todd Ch£ls€a have unbelievably become even more farcical, but really couldn’t happen to a more deserving team..in general since Abramovich, a club by w@nkers, for w@nkers. Further icing on this cake will be FFP issues 🤞🤡
Spot on! We've been resigned to losing him but the end result is some consolation. The price is right and Chelsea have been made to look stupid again. Sensible Chelsea fans will be gnashing their teeth but will have to suck it up as the idiot Yank holds the purse strings.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Given he’s spent the last 5 days in London and Chelsea have been after him for months it’s not hard to work out he probably expected he would be going to Chelsea, Liverpool 2 days ago were 10/1 shots to sign him.

Also people forget players might prefer teams for location, in London he’d be near many of his mates from here and London clubs - in Liverpool he might not have many connections and it’s 4 hours from London, all things a young bloke will consider, there is a life outside of football.
Has he been in London for the past 5 days? Lots of people have said he has been in London, but even if he is, why? It's a big city.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
If Moises still ends up at Chelsea now, his mind has been polluted by his agents. Crazy how they can influence players like that. All for their fees they will get this season, not next.

Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t think I’d rather go to Chelsea. I’m not deluded, Liverpool are a much bigger club than us, arguably the biggest or second biggest in the world, that is an opportunity that will only come along once in your life, we can’t offer that. If he goes to Chelsea, we can offer more footballing wise if he stays. At Liverpool you have European football, and despite how some people view him on here, probably one of the best managers of all time, it’s a no brainer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here