Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
From a soccer perspective only the champions league clubs should be attracting him.
Look, he is 21, has had one full EPL season and has not played in Europe. To stay at Brighton for one more season and play Europa league for a team that will likely be close to the euro spots again and that suit his style is hardly going to plateau his career. That is a good progression for him. If anything, Chelsea is a step back this coming season as he still won't have gained European experience on his CV.
A good agent will tell him that and keep an eye on moves to clubs that give him a step up from that next season.
Fron a WHAT Perspective?

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I came here to find out the latest and all I've really learnt is that Andy Naylor is on his hols.

Wake me up when the transfer window closes.
The latest

- Albion turned down a £80m contract offer a few days ago from Chelsea “immediately”
- reporting on next differs - but one report that Chelsea have walked away, several that Caicedo camp unhappy and want Albion to lower price let their man to leave, and some that “talks continue”.
- meanwhile RDZ bullish at keeping him in press conferences during US tour when he started final game. But said he’d need a “replacement” if he left.
- and despite everything- Chelsea keep spending and keep buying players including a young new DM.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
meanwhile over on twitter the Chelsea fanbase are getting excited about signing a 15 year old from Newcastle who we were interested in. I don't get it. if they're so massive and we are such a small club why are they so bothered
Is it not obvious? Pure jealousy. Their whole business plan is to try and be as good as us and they are only just beginning to realise the futility of it since they can't buy Tony Bloom.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Is it not obvious? Pure jealousy. Their whole business plan is to try and be as good as us and they are only just beginning to realise the futility of it since they can't buy Tony Bloom.
They are a strange bunch, we would love to have Colwill but they don’t want to let him so we go “Shame” and move on or make a few ironic tweets based on the “Leeds/Ben White” tw@ts. Nothing serious.

I have never seen our fan base hate another team just because they value a player and don’t want to sell them to us. It is very strange behaviour. That tw@t on YouTube was probably the strangest.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I guess I just find their behaviour odd. I know it's not representative of the traditional Chelsea fanbase. their go to small club insult just shows how little they understand football

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
They are a strange bunch, we would love to have Colwill but they don’t want to let him so we go “Shame” and move on or make a few ironic tweets based on the “Leeds/Ben White” tw@ts. Nothing serious.

I have never seen our fan base hate another team just because they value a player and don’t want to sell them to us. It is very strange behaviour. That tw@t on YouTube was probably the strangest.
I imagine these idiots feel like they have been conned by us in some way and so are blaming us for their problems rather than their fat controller.

I'm not sure but I'm beginning to suspect that some people on the Internet are not very intelligent.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
How were we destabilised ? We had a succession plan. RDZ had already been identified by the club as our next manager and it was made clear there was only one candidate. I was at his first game at Anfield and saw no evidence of destabilisation at all. That’s what happens in a well run organisation whose main assets are the workforce.
That’s the point I’m making, we were destabilised all be it temporarily until RDZ arrived

It worked out instantly with the draw at Anfield but there was no guarantee that it would work out (at all or as quick) just because we had a 1 man short list

We were lucky it did, it could have been a lot worse

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Ahmed Khan quote today on a Sanchez/ and part related Calciedo article stated-

'In a twist of the unfolding football narrative, Chelsea, a force to be reckoned with in the English Premier league.....'

Utter p!sh!

To think he gets paid to write such tripe!

TNBA

TTF
I saw a headline about how Newcastle took us apart in the pre season game. Astonishing lack of effort these days to get anywhere near the facts in headlines or content.

What makes me shudder is when folk that you give some credit for having at least a few brain cells then re-state it as fact (if true).

Truly astonishing how dumbed down the world has become. If it was just sports news then no great harm I guess, but it is everywhere.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
That’s the point I’m making, we were destabilised all be it temporarily until RDZ arrived

It worked out instantly with the draw at Anfield but there was no guarantee that it would work out (at all or as quick) just because we had a 1 man short list

We were lucky it did, it could have been a lot worse
But that’s football. Always has been. By that definition we will be destabilised again and we will destabilise others. If people decide to leave and their contracts allow them to do so then they will leave. All that matters is what’s next. I was disappointed for about 5 minutes that Potter etc left but then immediately intrigued by the new manager and the team he was bringing in. If it didn’t work out then that’s football as well. It has worked out. I guess we just see things differently but I think there are no guarantees in life and certainly none in football. My indifference towards Potter and the rest couldn’t be greater because they are no longer Brighton. Therefore I also couldn’t give a damn about their subsequent employers.

Last edited:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Anyone who doubts the general level of football journalism in this country just read the match reports in the papers after we've outplayed a team but lost/drawn, especially a bigger team. I have no doubt they don't even watch the whole game.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
There was a report in SportsBible about how Chelsea had pulled a fast one on Brighton by signing the replacement for Caicedo that we had lined up. It actually resorted to quoting posters from Twitter about what a mastermind Todd Boehly was. I wanted to laugh but was incredulous at how appalling the writing was. The democratization of media through the internet has been both great and appallingly shit.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Anyone who doubts the general level of football journalism in this country just read the match reports in the papers after we've outplayed a team but lost/drawn, especially a bigger team. I have no doubt they don't even watch the whole game.
There was one match report a few years ago that didn't mention Brighton once.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003

If you are referring to that guy in Australia called Miz then yes you are right in that he is the biggest bellend the Chelsea chavs have online. Lives in his flat on the other side of the world, probably couldn't even find London on a map, and spouts constant drivel as if he's a 16 year old child. This is a grown man for F's sake. I've never seen a more needy 'me me me' so called fan on line anywhere, and that even includes Arsenal's tools!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I saw a headline about how Newcastle took us apart in the pre season game. Astonishing lack of effort these days to get anywhere near the facts in headlines or content.

What makes me shudder is when folk that you give some credit for having at least a few brain cells then re-state it as fact (if true).

Truly astonishing how dumbed down the world has become. If it was just sports news then no great harm I guess, but it is everywhere.
Everyone is craving news…… it doesn’t need truth anywhere in it really…… As Murdock said about newspaper truth and honesty…… “it’s just entertainment “

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
If you are referring to that guy in Australia called Miz then yes you are right in that he is the biggest bellend the Chelsea chavs have online. Lives in his flat on the other side of the world, probably couldn't even find London on a map, and spouts constant drivel as if he's a 16 year old child. This is a grown man for F's sake. I've never seen a more needy 'me me me' so called fan on line anywhere, and that even includes Arsenal's tools!
Yes that is the fella. I don't think I have heard such drivel in my life time, complete bellend.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
It's an English word made in England.
It's an upper class English word. The Americans don't, and shouldn't be expected to, have a full understanding of the infinitely complex English relationship with social class and how it is interwoven with sport (and every other aspect of life).

For any Americans reading, it's perfectly straightforward. - Association Football was codified and spread by Victorian public school boys (that's our public schools, not your public schools. Ours are called public but are not publicly funded. We call those state schools. These are the fee paying ones that you call 'private'. We call some of them 'private' too, but the older, more elite (more expensive) ones that the upper claases dominate: Eton, Harrow, Winchester, Rugby etc. are generally called 'public schools'.)

The public schools encouraged football and other sport (please don't add an 's' - it's considered plural without the need) as a means of controlling/tiring out the boys (or perhaps to prepare them for the violence of the imperial war battlefields). Every school had its own rules, generally defined by the space in which the games took place. Some happened in quads rather than on pitches. There were efforts to codify to enable interschool competition and this split proponents into those who supported the kicking game and those who favoured the handling game. - One became Association Football and the other Rugby Football, named after the public school (but the William Webb Ellis story is a myth).

Upon leaving school and taking their places as factory owners, vicars, teachers etc. the former public schoolboys encouraged the formation of Association Football teams in working class communities. These proved popular and, following the 1850 amendment to the Factory Act that granted workers Saturday afternoons off to pursue leisure activities, became useful in keeping the blokes out of the pub for a couple of hours. The working classes loved the game and adopted it as their own. It became virtually a religion in working class industrial communities. (Less so in more rural places like Sussex as farmworkers didn't see the benefit of the factory act and had to work on Saturdays.)

The association of the game with the working classes eventually made it 'Non U' (Check out Nancy Mitford) with the upper and middle classes (that's our middle classes, not the working classes that you call the middle class). They prefered to play rugby (Union that is - Rugby league comes later and is another story of code splits and upper class denegration of professionalism. See also 'gentlemen & players' in cricket).

The slang terms 'rugger' and 'soccer' from the abbreviation of the longer names of the two codes has become associated with the upper and middle classes. The working classes don't use the terms very much for fear of association with the upper classes. A bit of reverse snobbery is inherent in the game's culture. Even though many modern fans are not actually working class themselves, they still like to think of football as 'the people's game' (which internationally, it certainly is) and will avoid any references that may have upper class connotations.

The word 'soccer' is one such term. When English football fans hear the word they are not hearing a long used and pefectly sensible abbreviation of 'Association Football', they are hearing (old Rugbeian) Rupert Brooke's "Stands the clock at ten to three? And is there honey still for tea?" rather than (apprentice boy) William Blake's "Was Jerusalem builded here, Among those dark satanic mills?". They prefer the latter.

We all feel these class distinctions very deeply, but won't explain them and, if pressed, will deny that they have much impact, as we don't like to be seen to be making a fuss over nothing (even though we're very keen on making a fuss over nothing). Americans using the term, allows Englishmen of all classes to raise above our class prejudices and join together in taking a supercillious attitude to anyone who wasn't lucky enough to have been born English and "Won first prize in the lottery of life". (Cecil Rhodes - NO! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD - DON'T GOOGLE HIM!!!!)

In short:

Sorry, it's not you, it's us. Glad you left?

Back to Moises...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here