Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

I’m sure it’s bollocks. But wonderful news if not.

A lot of people seem to suspect they’ll come up with the money right at the last minute, which may well be the case. If they think negotiations with Bloom are difficult now, imagine how hard they’ll be then unless we’ve already signed the special player RDZ says will be needed as a replacement.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Any idea what’s happened to Naylor? Shirely he would be all over this?

Could be on holiday but then had heard about some restructuring rumours at the Athletic and note he want on the US Tour?
@chaileyjem posted a twitter exchange they had that noted Naylor would be going on holiday this weekend (I believe that was this week).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Could be on holiday but then had heard about some restructuring rumours at the Athletic and note he want on the US Tour?

I wonder if he sticks to facts, thus wisely ignoring Twitter and Facebook liars?

He did come out smelling of roses doing just that in January with Caicedo.

Whilst suckers following both clubs made the blunder of seeing Camp Caicedo/Edu/Romano as determining the outcome. They didn’t and don’t. Tony Bloom has the power here.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
We were lucky it worked out considering the impact they had on destabilising us significantly and very quickly.

On paper we should have been in a relegation battle, noting we were a team that despite the possession and style couldnt score and win games until recently

I won’t be giving Chelsea a concession because it didn’t work out, f*** em and their entitled **** fanbase
How were we destabilised ? We had a succession plan. RDZ had already been identified by the club as our next manager and it was made clear there was only one candidate. I was at his first game at Anfield and saw no evidence of destabilisation at all. That’s what happens in a well run organisation whose main assets are the workforce.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
And why should we get used it...?

Chelsea wouldn't harrass Liverpool like this for Mo Salah.

They wouldn't harrass Man United like this for Marcus Rashford.

They wouldn't harrass Man City like this for Halland.

They wouldn't harrass Tottenham like this for Harry Kane.

So why should we accept this continual upsetting, and uunsettling of OUR players..?
Because the alternative is to give those players unaffordable and unsustainable wages. The players you list are, according to this: https://www.spotrac.com/epl/rankings/*, the 2nd, 3rd, joint 8th & joint 23rd best paid players in the league. Chelsea cannot unsettle their players like they can ours because they are already being paid top wages.

The big money six clubs pay out all bar 4 of the league's top 50 salaries and Cucurella, Mac Allister & Ben White are, since their transfers, in the top 100, with Trossard just outside. None of our players are. Caicedo's new contract made him our third best paid player, but only 184th in this list. Declan Rice, who we argue is a fair transfer price comparator is paid nearly four times Moise's newly increased salary.

Five of those players listed as being on more than £5,000,000 a year are at Everton, who were being reported as potentially unable to continue in the event of relegation last season. Championship Leicester City have seven players apparently being paid higher annual salaries than Caicedo, even after getting Tielmann, Barnes and Maddison off the payroll.

Tony Bloom will quite rightly, not pay wages that could jeopardise the future of the club, so our players will always be a target for the Monty Burns six. We have to get used to it because it won't change unless we stop producing players who they want. However, we have 1) a business model based on this reality, and 2) An owner that will not be bullied by any club, agent or player, so like RDZ's attacking selection quandary, it's actually a good problem to have.

* - I wouldn't vouch for the accuracy, but they're probably near enough for my point.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Some of that is true but the sheer number of staff chelsea took was unprecedented and it was pretty brutal with that in mind and the timing. I do not think we need to 'get used to it' as that scale of problem is unlikely to occur again.
Really? I'd say it's near-certain to happen again in the not-too-distant future.

RDZ brought a whole coaching team in with him. In some ways Potter taking the kitchen sink when he left may have been convenient because we needed a whole new coaching team. When De Zerbi leaves, it will likely be because he has a too-good-to-turn-down offer, and his whole team will go with him. It will remain to be seen whether Andrew Crofts, when that happens, is sufficiently #TeamsRDZ for De Zerbi to want to take him too.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

He’s on holiday

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Some of that is true but the sheer number of staff chelsea took was unprecedented and it was pretty brutal with that in mind and the timing. I do not think we need to 'get used to it' as that scale of problem is unlikely to occur again.

Midseason, including coaches who’d long preceded Potter, with our head of recruitment Winstanley nicked soon afterwards.

Can’t think of an example matching that, it could’ve destroyed our season.

Thank god TB/PB had a far better coach next on the list.

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Really? I'd say it's near-certain to happen again in the not-too-distant future.

RDZ brought a whole coaching team in with him. In some ways Potter taking the kitchen sink when he left may have been convenient because we needed a whole new coaching team. When De Zerbi leaves, it will likely be because he has a too-good-to-turn-down offer, and his whole team will go with him. It will remain to be seen whether Andrew Crofts, when that happens, is sufficient #TeamsRDZ for De Zerbi to want to take him too.
Yeah, but not only Crofts, will whoever gets RDZ also take our goalie coach, our recruitment head etc etc. I think chelsea excelled in that dept.

Edit: just seen @Weststander post, didn't mean to echo, but you get the idea.

Last edited:

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I’m sure it’s bollocks. But wonderful news if not.

A lot of people seem to suspect they’ll come up with the money right at the last minute, which may well be the case. If they think negotiations with Bloom are difficult now, imagine how hard they’ll be then unless we’ve already signed the special player RDZ says will be needed as a replacement.
What were the 'active talks' that have now ceased I wonder? Todd and Tony on CB Radios asking about each others 'six' and how many 'candles' they are burning?

Other wise it just means they haven't sent an email for a bit.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What were the 'active talks' that have now ceased I wonder? Todd and Tony on CB Radios asking about each others 'six' and how many 'candles' they are burning?

Other wise it just means they haven't sent an email for a bit.
The narrative is still the ‘big club’ ending talks…….the reality is Boehly can’t get anyone to pick up the phone :laugh:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Because the alternative is to give those players unaffordable and unsustainable wages. The players you list are, according to this: https://www.spotrac.com/epl/rankings/*, the 2nd, 3rd, joint 8th & joint 23rd best paid players in the league. Chelsea cannot unsettle their players like they can ours because they are already being paid top wages.

The big money six clubs pay out all bar 4 of the league's top 50 salaries and Cucurella, Mac Allister & Ben White are, since their transfers, in the top 100, with Trossard just outside. None of our players are. Caicedo's new contract made him our third best paid player, but only 184th in this list. Declan Rice, who we argue is a fair transfer price comparator is paid nearly four times Moise's newly increased salary.

Five of those players listed as being on more than £5,000,000 a year are at Everton, who were being reported as potentially unable to continue in the event of relegation last season. Championship Leicester City have seven players apparently being paid higher annual salaries than Caicedo, even after getting Tielmann, Barnes and Maddison off the payroll.

Tony Bloom will quite rightly, not pay wages that could jeopardise the future of the club, so our players will always be a target for the Monty Burns six. We have to get used to it because it won't change unless we stop producing players who they want. However, we have 1) a business model based on this reality, and 2) An owner that will not be bullied by any club, agent or player, so like RDZ's attacking selection quandry, it's actually a good problem to have.

* - I wouldn't vouch for the accuracy, but they're probably near enough for my point.
So many people ignore salaries when talking about transfers. This is so useful (and will be ignored by many whose agenda it does not suit)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here