Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
It’s ‘Indignation Time’ folks :

Let’s hate Brighton. Little club that’s won f*** all. How dare they tell us that we can’t have their player (Insert name here) and expecting us to pay (£ insert figure here). Greedy b*stards! Just standing in the way of (Insert player’s name here) career move to club that he’s supported all his life. Little club mentality, Hope they get relegated. Let’s stuff them home and away and show that we’re the BIG club and we don’t get messed around.

From (Insert frothing at the mouth fan of —————)

P.S. For longer versions of the above please refer to social media sites/forums of Leeds United, Arsenal and Chelsea for more in depth opinions and analysis.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I really struggle to believe any Albion fan would like to see him go, but if you are really desperate to see him do the Champions League thing, then the best chance of that happening is him staying with us for a year and then going to a team that has actually qualified for it :facepalm:
You could also have added that he'll get to play in the Europa League next year and, given that we're third favourites for the EL, he'll have a decent chance of playing in its latter stages.
I was certain that we'd lose Moises this summer but, increasingly, I'm revising that view. It seems that Chelsea are the only club to realise how good he is, but they don't seem to want to engage in the process of extracting an asset from us. He could always stay with us for another year, play in the EL, and a CL club will definitely recognise his worth by then.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
He's been tweeting this since mid June. Towards the end of June he said that 'Chelsea will be going hard at this one'.

He may get insider info on a number of transfers, but I think it's fair to say that he has no info on this one.
He also tweeted that the fee is agreed at £85m it was the terms of the payments that needed to be agreed. This was 3 weeks ago. Shows how much he knows

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
Just maybe,The stupid numpty Yank thinks he wants to get one over on Bloom. Payback for costing him a small fortune with the money Cucurella cost and the debacle what was Potter. They were your mistakes Todd. Bloom has you over a barrel, either way it's a win win for Brighton. I feel sorry for Moises, he was badly advised for the Instagram saga and if he really wanted a summer move he was badly advised again for signing new deal. Bloom is doing what is right for his club, a lesson that Boehly should learn from but he won't. That's the difference between having a fan as a chairman and a foreigner throwing his money about. I hope we get another season out of Moises but imo I can't see it. First thing Caicedo should do once season starts is sack off his twat of an agent.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Just maybe,The stupid numpty Yank thinks he wants to get one over on Bloom. Payback for costing him a small fortune with the money Cucurella cost and the debacle what was Potter. They were your mistakes Todd. Bloom has you over a barrel, either way it's a win win for Brighton. I feel sorry for Moises, he was badly advised for the Instagram saga and if he really wanted a summer move he was badly advised again for signing new deal. Bloom is doing what is right for his club, a lesson that Boehly should learn from but he won't. That's the difference between having a fan as a chairman and a foreigner throwing his money about. I hope we get another season out of Moises but imo I can't see it. First thing Caicedo should do once season starts is sack off his twat of an agent.
Cucurella and Potter have no bearing on any potential transaction for any other Brighton player. Chelsea were delighted with our professionalism and remember they took our POTS and the coach who’d got us our highest ever league position finish. Why feel sorry for Caicedo? He has new representation and that agent was happy for his client to extend to a potential total of Five years with the Albion and he’s undoubtedly one of the top earners at the club and the highest paid 21 year old in our history. His representatives are probably saying to Chelsea that if they meet Brighton’s valuation they’d be happy to discuss the finer points of a move; it’s quite flattering to be valued at over £100m and it’d be mad for him not to discuss the offer with Chelsea or any other club that’d meet our demands. So much f***ing hot air expended over what is quite a simple commercial proposition.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
The funny thing is that you can almost guarantee that if nothing changes, you'll get West London whankers on X/Twitter goading Albion fans about not landing Colwill, while cleverly glossing over the fact that Moises didn't get to move either.

I'd like to think that there is a plan in place for alternatives to Colwill at Brighton, whereas Chelsea Todd and his band of merry men will probably have to go back to the scattergun!
No, very few are 'West London whankers'. The great majority seem to be African/Asian trolls.

When is the much predicted toy throwing starting?

Not convinced it will happen at all personally.

Unless a Colwill deal can be approved I don’t think he’ll be going to Chelsea :shrug:
I imagine the toy throwing won't be made public as was case last January. Been alleged Moises has said he wants the move and feels 70 million is a good price! Roberto,I believe is quoted as saying that he (Moises) has to learn that he's a Brighton player and, he has to give his all to Brighton until the situation changes.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
When Caicedo wanted the move to Arsenal, they were top of the League, almost guaranteed Champions League and in with a good chance of winning the Premier (and maybe Moisés could have been the difference - maybe). TB/PBOBE/RDZ shut that option down very quickly and decisively.

This summer, we told Chelsea that they could have him if the price was right (and we made this clear at the very beginning of the window). The big change is that we are in Europe, they aren't. So if Moisés doesn't go, he gets a year playing in Europe and can do this all again next summer, in the knowledge of who has actually qualified for the Champions League, who performed well in it this year and still only 22 years old.

And, it wouldn't surprise me if we let him go for less than (well, slightly less) the well publicised figure this summer :wink:

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
I really struggle to believe any Albion fan would like to see him go, but if you are really desperate to see him do the Champions League thing, then the best chance of that happening is him staying with us for a year and then going to a team that has actually qualified for it :facepalm:
Based on his post in this thread they are clearly not a Brighton supporter. They sound like a big 6 fan.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
He's staying I'd reckon. There's no suggestion that Chelsea are going to offer anywhere near 100 nor even the remotest hope they'll offer Colwill (and I simply don't think we are prepared to meet in the middle).
We will be such a better team with him in the squad so I'm erring on the side of excited.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
The thing that’s beginning to worry a few Chelsea Twitter users is that Colwill hasn’t signed an extension and has said nothing publicly. It would be a big PR win all round if he made a statement like “I enjoyed my time at Brighton, they’re a great club. But my heart is with Chelsea and I plan to stay here and continue to improve /blah blah”. It would immediately damp down the speculation — but he doesn’t do it. This is freaking them out. Personally I’d take Colwill +50m for Moises but I’d prefer even more to keep him and forego Levi. I’m probably an idiot but I didn’t see exactly what all the fuss was about with Colwill.
Would save us £10m if the reported sell on is true

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He's staying I'd reckon. There's no suggestion that Chelsea are going to offer anywhere near 100 nor even the remotest hope they'll offer Colwill (and I simply don't think we are prepared to meet in the middle).
We will be such a better team with him in the squad so I'm erring on the side of excited.
Me too. Boehly’s ego is waaaaay too big to allow him to have his pants very publicly pulled down by TB/PB again, so he’ll not meet our asking price or make Colwill part of the deal, so it won’t happen.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
If Boehly fails to land Caicedo and this transfer window ends up as bad as the last was for Chelsea, how long before some Monarch of the Arabian Peninsula offers Boehly an escape route that leaves the Premier League with another nation state owner?

That $3.1B deal to buy Chelsea looks worse by the day, surely they must be thinking how do we get ourselves out of this mess?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here