Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is London Irish?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Safeway said:
Interesting how most of the posters that have an (albeit grudging) respect for LI are regular contributors on North Stand Polls - a site derided by many as being childish.

I'd say it's more the case that NSP can tolerate someone with a bit of bollocks, perpared to argue their corner to the end, far more so than this site, which far too often decends into a mud-slinging SPAZFEST within seconds of a slightly controversial viewpoint.

LI, if you're reading, you're welcome at the Polls. :thumbsup: (Just don't talk about footer. :) )

A regular poster on there means once a month I presume. :lolol:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Sid James said:
Why let other people's different opinion of someone detract from the pursuit of a tiresome personal vendetta ?

I could say the same about you.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
ROSM said:
I've had run ins with London irish - but what I would say is that he does put his money where his mouth is in his support for the albion and the stadium.

- He does go to games (home and away)

- He did try and get on the phone in with Norman Baker (sadly was held in the long queue and didn't make it) but had done his research into some of the things the lewes lib dems had done and was prepared to put his head above the parapet for it

I wonder how many others on NSC can actually honestly say they do both of the above?

He will be missed. Variety is the spice of life.

I find it very hard to get pissed off with anyone over a simple forum. Yes he could be obsequious, but it would be a very dull world without LI's, Les Biehn's, Bry Nylon's, Meade's Ball's, Men of Harvey's, Frank Wild Year's etc. We are all on the Albion voyage together and we have been through some special times together, whether we know each other or not...

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Barrel of Fun said:
I find it very hard to get pissed off with anyone over a simple forum. Yes he could be obsequious, but it would be a very dull world without LI's, Les Biehn's, Bry Nylon's, Meade's Ball's, Men of Harvey's, Frank Wild Year's etc. We are all on the Albion voyage together and we have been through some special times together, whether we know each other or not...

Slightly sycophantic, but true.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Barrel of Fun said:
He will be missed. Variety is the spice of life.

Dear oh dear:lolol:

If someone wants to f*** off then let them.All this holding hands and he will be missed is rather gay.Get a grip on yourself chap.The people you listed above wouldn't be missed hardly.Some of them are cretins to put it mildly

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Barrel of Fun said:
Unintentionally. Now where is Currie?! :D

Surely a bastion of patience such as yourself can wait till tomorrow ?

I am keeping the faith, but believe me, my source will suffer at 5 a sides on Thursday if this information turns out to be a non starter.

:)

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
algie said:

The people you listed above wouldn't be missed hardly.Some of them are cretins to put it mildly

:D

London Irish is no cretin though.He's the Shilpa of NSC.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
algie said:

If someone wants to f*** off then let them.All this holding hands and he will be missed is rather gay.Get a grip on yourself chap.The people you listed above wouldn't be missed hardly.Some of them are cretins to put it mildly

Did I ever say he should be forced back to the board?! One can miss a decent poster, certainly put a fire cracker or two up the far right wing. They were names that came to mind, I am not quite sure which of those would classify as a cretin! Cretinous behaviour at times, maybe...

Nothing to do with hand holding, some posters are worth reading even if I do not agree with everything/anything they say. :p

I will be patient Rougers, although the patience is wearing a little thin after years of waiting for a saviour. :cool:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Actually i wasn't refering to him when applying what i said.I don't mind him at all.LI that is

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Barrel of Fun said:
Did I ever say he should be forced back to the board?! One can miss a decent poster, certainly put a fire cracker or two up the far right wing. They were names that came to mind, I am not quite sure which of those would classify as a cretin! Cretinous behaviour at times, maybe...

Nothing to do with hand holding, some posters are worth reading even if I do not agree with everything/anything they say. :p

I will be patient Rougers, although the patience is wearing a little thin after years of waiting for a saviour. :cool:

You made your post sound like a real tear jerker.I'm going to miss him/her.Please oh please come back bla bla bla.They know who they are in my books;)

Last edited:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Barrel of Fun said:
Nothing to do with hand holding, some posters are worth reading even if I do not agree with everything/anything they say

Tell you what I would gladly hold hands if it meant being spared of a diatrabe of banality that generally culminates in the usual fodder of reactionary opinions from the pre-pubesant worthless human beings whose sole objective in life is to glorify the actions of Fedirico Turienzo, a player unbeknown to them single handedly extracted over £145,000 in salary from the club they claim to support for playing a handfull of games for.

If only the WORTHLESS wankers knew the impact on present day finances of the Argenntinian WASTER they may want to hide in shame under their Smirnoff Ice hats

Bring back London Irish any day.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Rougvie said:
Tell you what I would gladly hold hands if it meant being spared of a diatrabe of banality that generally culminates in the usual fodder of reactionary opinions from the pre-pubesant worthless human beings whose sole objective in life is to glorify the actions of Fedirico Turienzo, a player unbeknown to them single handedly extracted over £145,000 in salary from the club they claim to support for playing a handfull of games for.

If only the WORTHLESS wankers knew the impact on present day finances of the Argenntinian WASTER they may want to hide in shame under their Smirnoff Ice hats

:clap: :clap: :clap:

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Les Biehn said:
Your right, why let something so obvious get in the way of you playing devils advocate?

Not playing devil's advocate. Can you not accept that a lot of people think LI to be one of the board's more intersting posters?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
DJ Leon said:
Not playing devil's advocate. Can you not accept that a lot of people think LI to be one of the board's more intersting posters?

I totally accept that because when he lays off the agenda pushing and lying he is a decent constructive poster, which I have said on this thread and often in the past.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Barrel of Fun
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

algie said:
The people you listed above wouldn't be missed hardly.Some of them are cretins to put it mildly

That's a bit harsh on LI, Les, Frank and MB....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here