Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where in the UK (other than Sussex) would you rather be at the moment?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Indeed - for such a small place it has a real atmosphere. We're staying at Notter Bridge near Saltash. Wonderful area of the country.
I used to live in Saltash, always passed by the Notter Bridge sign until one day I went for a look, beautiful have a great stay. It also gives you the opportunity to have a drive along the coast road of Whitsand bay, try it at sunset. Cawsand/Kingsand to Seaton. Fabulous restaurant called The View owned by a chef from Sussex and a great pub at Downderry called The Inn On The Shore. All within 30 mins of Notter Bridge

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I have too admit that i was down in Brighton this weekend just gone the weather, cafes bars etc. Back in Yorkshire now - No i can't think of anywhere else other than Sussex i would rather be.

I used to live in Saltash, always passed by the Notter Bridge sign until one day I went for a look, beautiful have a great stay. It also gives you the opportunity to have a drive along the coast road of Whitsand bay, try it at sunset. Cawsand/Kingsand to Seaton. Fabulous restaurant called The View owned by a chef from Sussex and a great pub at Downderry called The Inn On The Shore. All within 30 mins of Notter Bridge

Kingsand from Cawsand May 2004.jpg

Scarily it is over 8 years ago that I was in that part of Cornwall, must get another trip organised. From here you should just be able to see the Devonport Inn, you could start there, then the Rising Sun, Halfway House, Cross Keys (formerly the Smugglers) and Cawsand Bay Hotel.

You may have the energy left to walk to Whitsand Bay or you could get the bus - certainly in no fit state to drive and see the sunset!

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I'd like to be in the White Horse Hotel in Exford, in the middle of Exmoor, supping a pint of Thatchers Gold cider, and looking forward to walking my dogs over the moors tomorrow.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
5 mins up the road from Pentewan at Sun Valley Caravan Park - would go to Pentewan but Mother in Laws fixed caravan is free!
The first time we went to Cornwall,many years ago a chap owned a caravan that we rented on Sun Valley Fred Rowe was his name. The next year he didnt have any vacancies on that site but also had one on Pentewan which we rented hence we got to go to Pentewan and having a few beers in The Ship.

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
I'd like to be in the White Horse Hotel in Exford, in the middle of Exmoor, supping a pint of Thatchers Gold cider, and looking forward to walking my dogs over the moors tomorrow.

I was in there having a lovely pint of bitter the night Charlie and Di were married. Great place

jd312

Feb 19, 2011
I love it up in west Yorkshire. Perhaps a bit out in the sticks but you are surrounded by beautiful countryside. Just Stunning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here