Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where in the UK (other than Sussex) would you rather be at the moment?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I am sure that like many of you I am working away (ok not at this minute) gazing wistfully at the glorious sunny day outside. Hopefully the heading of the thread is self explanatory.

For me it would be walking through Mount Edgcumbe County Park (Cornwall) on the way to the lovely twin villages of Kingsand and Cawsand for a random mooch around and perhaps a visit for a pint in the five pubs scattered around there before a snooze on the beach.

I would like to be in Cornwall with my trailer tent at Pentewan Sands or in Charmouth in Dorset. Having said that if I really wanted to be there I could hitch up the trailer and drive down there.

You do realise that Cornwall's the only place in the UK where the weather's been crap for the last few days?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I played in the Surrey Prem years ago - I still ahve nightmares of Banstead getting smashed into parts of greater London by DAvid Ward. Reigate was also a complete grave yard for seam bowlers. Great competition and probably strongest cricket league in the country at the moment - if your son fancies cricket then he could not be at a better club.
One of our club players (Jason Roy) is now a regular at Surrey and absolutely RUINED the Sussex attack at Hove last season in the T20, outscoring Kevin Pietersen as he did so.

But where my son is lucky is that he gets coached indoors in the winter and in the nets every other week by a former England test match fast bowler as Joey Benjamin is one of the senior pros here.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
I remember Banstead fielding a side in the early 90's that had 10 professionals or ex professionals. Kent pre is strong but really only the top three or four sides - Hartely Country Club have so much dough to throw about - Bromley still up there. Surrey Prem has decent sides probably all the way through. If your son makes it there he will be a very decent cricketer. Only problem is they play 11am starts on a sat!!!! Or they used to. That really finished me off.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
West Country or Scottish Highlands/Islands.

Or, at a Camelot press conference, collecting my multi-£m cheque.

Wester Ross (and Cromarty) enjoying exclusive use of a five mile long beach of silver sand etc. If the weather is like this, there is no better place on earth !

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Another vote for Cornwall but this time Looe. Lovely beach, great ice cream and pasties and fantastic fresh fish. Thankfully I'm off that way for a week starting Saturday !

Looe, a drinking village with a fishing problem. I love Looe, especially when its packed with grockles in their grunty bins, thats Cornish for holiday makers in caravans. There is always a great buzz of people having fun in confined places.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Looe, a drinking village with a fishing problem. I love Looe, especially when its packed with grockles in their grunty bins, thats Cornish for holiday makers in caravans. There is always a great buzz of people having fun in confined places.

Indeed - for such a small place it has a real atmosphere. We're staying at Notter Bridge near Saltash. Wonderful area of the country.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Lynton and Lynmouth , North Devon.

Attachments

• Lynton and Lynmouth 004.jpg
    Lynton and Lynmouth 004.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
113-119 Charing Cross Road, London, WC2

snedger

Jun 13, 2011
Unst - but only if the bonxies are not nesting - about as far away from it all as you can get and have still have access to British booze and grub.

Benson

Jan 31, 2012
near water
Outside the Golding Hop, Plaxtol. Home brewed cider, a running stream and chickens with geese running about.

Only for a few hours though; the 'house rough' (8.2%ish) does seem to give you a bit of a kick up the arse!

dje shoreham

Nov 2, 2009
I would like to be in Cornwall with my trailer tent at Pentewan Sands or in Charmouth in Dorset. Having said that if I really wanted to be there I could hitch up the trailer and drive down there.

5 mins up the road from Pentewan at Sun Valley Caravan Park - would go to Pentewan but Mother in Laws fixed caravan is free!

Giant Seagull

That was textbook
Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Next to the beach in Arisaig, Western Scotland, watching the sun go down drinking a light lager with the lingering stench of meat you had burned to within an inch of its life just a couple of hours ago, wafting into the still evening air.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here