Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where have you seen most Albion matches?

Where have you seen Albion play the most?

• The Goldstone Ground

Votes: 112 55.4%
  • Withdean Stadium

Votes: 72 35.6%
  • I've been to more away matches than either Goldstone or Withdean matches

Votes: 18 8.9%

• Total voters

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Probably just the Goldstone, started going in 1977 but didn`t start going all the time until about 1984. went to every league game at gilliingham and had a season ticket at Withdean.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Withdean.....just.

Very fond memories of the Goldstone even though it was a troubled time for the club in the mid nineties when I went regularly. Atmosphere was electric in the North bank but the surges could get quite scary when Albion scored. Baird & Maskell, what a strikeforce in the second half of 96-97.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
A mixture of boarding school and a law firm struggling through the 90s meant that my chances to watch Brighton at the Goldstone were fairly limited. I reckon I saw about 50 games over a period of seven years.

NONE at Gillingham and 130+ at Withdean.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Withdean unfortunately - the prime of my football supporting life as well.
Hopefully I'll surpass this at the AMEX but I'll be a miserable old fucker by then.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I hardly missed a home game from 76 until it closed so Goldstone for me.

me too. I think I missed most of the saturday games in the 1975 season as I was working whilst at school ( Fortes in Churchill Square) but apart from that I was a 100% for all bar about 4 years.

I only missed 3 games at Gillingham and have missed about 20 odd at Withdean

Superfan me.....:thumbsup:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Withdean, though i've seen Albion at the Den (4) more times than the Goldstone (3)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's amazing to see that nearly half of NSC supporters have never really seen the Goldstone as home of the club.

I suddenly feel quite privileged to have had the club playing at the Goldstone as part of my formative Albion supporting years. The Goldstone is surely where the soul of the club lies, in a way that Withdean can never be and which we all hope the Amex will become. A generation of fans won't ever know what that means, sadly.

And for this alone, it's f***ing wrong what those c*nts did to our club. C*nts I tell you.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The Goldstone by a long way having rarely missed a home game between the mid sxties and early 80's when I moved away.

I only went to Gillingham twice as I was working overseas at the time. Indeed it occurs to me that in recent years I've seen them more often at Walsall, Swindon, Bristol Rovers, Stockport, Leeds, Carlisle and probably a few others ............................. than at Withdean

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Probably The Goldstone just, tho it will be close.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The Goldstone is surely where the soul of the club lies, in a way that Withdean can never be and which we all hope the Amex will become.

i beg to differ a little, to say it shows the real soul of the club lies in the fans, those who endured the gillingham days, and put up with the shite surrounds of Withdean where we achived so much in the past 10 years.
:albion1::falmer:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here